Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode Tattoo

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a newbie when it comes to tattoos (never had one, but I did get my ear pierced once :o) and was wondering if it is possible to get a barcode on the back of my neck.

Fairly small, but not too small. People have been telling me they can't because its too hard for tattooists to draw (not familiar with ink slang) in straight lines on skin.

Also, any ideas on price, where to go ect?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any decent tattoo artist should be able to do a barcode tattoo. They would probably follow a stencil which will help with the lines.

Here are some images

As for price, your best bet would be to go to a tattoo artist and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Personally my main concern with a barcode tattoo would be that it could end up as a bit of a mess over time, when the lines could blur/bleed into one another over time, as in barcodes the lines are usually very close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It will probably just end in a mess over time, as Damo has already pointed out.

If you do get it though, get a real barcode from something really obscure so you can go to shops and scan it for the laugh. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm really sorry for saying this (no malice intended) but a barcode on the back of your neck is a very common tattoo.

Think long and hard on what design/change you can make to make it your own. Placement will be a good factor too. (Like for instance the back of the arm for a change maybe!?)

EG http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=barcode+wallpaper&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Iw4lSpLjGYqc-gbqkPnsBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

I'm trying to find an amazing one that was a magnifying glass held up to the bar code where each bar was words. Really innovative. Dern my google skills!

Best of luck with the search and in getting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'm really sorry for saying this (no malice intended) but a barcode on the back of your neck is a very common tattoo.

Think long and hard on what design/change you can make to make it your own. Placement will be a good factor too. (Like for instance the back of the arm for a change maybe!?)

EG http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=barcode+wallpaper&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Iw4lSpLjGYqc-gbqkPnsBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

I'm trying to find an amazing one that was a magnifying glass held up to the bar code where each bar was words. Really innovative. Dern my google skills!

Best of luck with the search and in getting it!

I've seen a tattoo flash for something similar, I think it was in Tattoo or Skin Deep magazine but it was ages ago. I always thought it would make a way cool tattoo. :cool:

As for the standard bar code tattoo if its done right it can look really good. My daughter has one on the inside of her wrist, with the numbers along the bottom signifying dates that are special to her. It's a great wee tat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hurrah for me, I found it! Phew.

http://wall.alphacoders.com/images/Man%20Made/Man-Made-Communism-66105.jpg

This was what I was thinking about. Of course you can substitute other phrases/words in there.

Also I'm not going against barcode tattoos I'm just warning to stick to what feels right and put your own mark in to it too.

.......although I wonder would it be possible to get a barcode done so perfect that if you scanned it at the self service it would come up as an item of your choice............now there's an idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Looks good. :cool:

Obviously you would have the wording personalised to what means something to you, but I like it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

chin_grin wrote: »
    .......although I wonder would it be possible to get a barcode done so perfect that if you scanned it at the self service it would come up as an item of your choice............now there's an idea!

*flash wrist*
    wrist_barcode.jpg
    Clubcard accepted...

:pac:

Advertisement