Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lacuna coil shallow life

Options
  • 02-06-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

has anybody heard the album yet. bought it off cd wow the other day waiting for it to be sent out. anybody know if they plan to tour ireland again. saw them in dublin last time they played

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Best of luck waiting for it through cd wow. There have been lots of problems with their Irish deliveries in recent months.

I have the album, it is very very much like Evanescence, but is still a decent album as Scabbia is a good singer and it has some catchy songs on it. For me it is a stronger but much more commercial album than Karmacode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

got an email to say album was dispatched yesterday. cant wait to listen to it whenever it arrives. got it for 7.99 bargain or what :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its fairly meh, imo. Its in the vein of Karmacode, which I didnt like.

mixed reaction so far then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've given it a few listens and so far I have to say it's not bad although nothing has really grabbed me yet. Lacuna Coil albums often take a while to grow on me though so my opinion might change.

I agree with Nightwish, it's quite like a continuation of Karmacode so I reckon if you liked that album, you'll like this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

malice_ wrote: »
    it's quite like a continuation of Karmacode so I reckon if you liked that album, you'll like this one.

This makes me a sad panda. Karmacode sucked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Haven't really liked the few songs I have heard off this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This makes me a sad panda. Karmacode sucked. :(
    Karmacode isn't as good as some of their earlier work but to say it sucked is a bit harsh. I reckon Enjoy The Silence, Fragile, Our Truth and What I See are great songs.

it arrived yesterday morn. a few good songs on it more i listen to it the more it grows on me. i thaught karmacode was an allright album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miasima Goria

It's a good but not great album, I was expecting more - espicially as they had a bigger budget, more time to prepare and record it.

Will give it a few more listens though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

I think this album some quality songs such as I Like It and Oblivion (imo) but overall i'd class the album as good, not great. Preferred Karmacode myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

much preferred karmacode tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

after a few listens, i dont like this as much as their other stuff. Spellbound is a decent pop-rock track but apart from that not much worth noting.

spellbound is good track allright.some good songs on it allright but its like karmacode all over again. there great live i must say seen them in the olympia one night a few yrs bk. great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miasima Goria

They're touring the UK in Feb 2010 - no Irish dates though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

They're touring the UK in Feb 2010 - no Irish dates though?

They're playin @ The Academy in Dublin on Friday 29 Jan 2010.
    Have my tickets (Ticketmaster)
    Can't wait!!!!:D

Is there many heading to this gig fancy meeting for a few pints before hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 s00057232

are lacuna coil good live??????
    she has an unreal voice mite head up

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I'm not being smart but I thought this was a very shallow and commercial album, and not even a patch on their older stuff. OP you should check out 'Unleashed Memories'. That is a really good album, and well worth hearing.:)

anyone want to meet up for a few before hand cant wait it be my second lacuna coil gig was at olympia the last time they played great live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Lacuna Coil's support act on friday is gonna be a band called "Dirty Little Rabbits". Their drummer is Clown from Slipknot.

http://www.myspace.com/dirtylittlerabbits

thanks for that cant wait should be great gig. :cool:
    is there many from the rock forum going on friday?

GREAT GIG TONIGHT HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT.

Advertisement