Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motivation

• 02-06-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi

Im starting a diet today (just a few pounds to lose really) and wondered if anyone can give me some motivational tips to keep it going, i can get uninspired and just give up so im going to do a diary and make it worthwhile this time, any ideas appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I like to look at pictures of dersses or bikinis online that will look so much nicer on me when I have lost the weight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I took photos of myself in what was a great fitting dress each month, and it shows my hard work in action, it's more real that way than what's on the scales.

I've also been rewarding myself when I reach a goal (make up or books), and have an A4 piece of paper with what goal I just reached on my bedroom door, and what goal I need to get to now, keeps me focused on getting down a kg now and ignores the big scary task of getting down the 20 I need. Also, it's on the outside of my bedroom door so other people can see, and that keeps me on the straight and narrow most of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 icklechick

You should try to get hold of the Paul McKenna books or DVDs. I use them all the time and they are great for motivating you. Plus its not a diet either, just a case of reprogramming your mind to eat less but eat what you like. Ideal if you want to lose a few pounds permanelty.

good luck!
    teresa2008 wrote: »
    Hi

Im starting a diet today (just a few pounds to lose really) and wondered if anyone can give me some motivational tips to keep it going, i can get uninspired and just give up so im going to do a diary and make it worthwhile this time, any ideas appreciated :)

Advertisement