Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot for sea kayaking around North Dublin

• 02-06-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Tried to head to Donabate this past weekend and the beach was thronged. Portrane then has supposedly gotten a bad rap this season for it's water quality.

Anyone know a good place to go kayaking anywhere else around the North of Dublin? I don't necessarily need a beach, just a good spot to put off from (eg. not rocky, can park the car not far from the sea, etc).

Cheers,
    - S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I was there yesterday, and counted 18 kayaks going around the boats in the harbour. Easy enough to get to, free parking, lots of variety.
    Pebble beach in the main.
    You can also launch from the Lifeboat house slip in Skerries, but you will need to paddle a bit to get to the harbour.
    Finally you can launch from the slip outside the sailing club. Nice again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Howth Harbour. Park the car on the inner pier near the RNLI slip, out the harbour mouth and then SE to Balscadden and track the shore to the Baily lighthouse. Alternatively, Strand Road in Sutton has a couple of "park'n'launch" spots - head East past Martello tower, or South down the North lagoon behind the Bull Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

I agree with Skerries....great launch area, north or south beach, close by parking. Good pubs for when you've finished.

Also Loughshinny is great too. Parking lot right beside the beach.

Advertisement