Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another mindless ban from the Soccer forum over xpert11

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

GuanYin has banned another person, me this time.

This is getting old and tired.
    7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Trolling and insults, the first post I can let you away with, the second gets you a week ban.

Surely someone can reign in this moderator. Half of the fun of Xpert11 is the banter between managers. The press conferences, the discussion of games.

quotes below
    Originally Posted by GuanYin View Post
    When they start breaking forum rules, it puts me in a bind because 1) I don't know if they're joking or not and 2) even if they are, the next time someone does it elsewhere and I ban them, I'm going to get a PM with a link to this thread saying "why didn't you ban them" and a 3 page discussion in poker forum about how unfair I am.

The last two posts were completely unacceptable from any standpoint. If they want to banter, they need to refrain from abuse and follow the charter.
    Who complained though?

The only complaints I have seen is you shutting down two people playing a role.

cmon now. Surely you can tell the difference between real life and make believe. I can understand if you have an issue with confrontation. Maybe your small and dont like it or something.

There is no issue here. You created one and I find it unacceptable.
    She freely admits she doesnt know we where joking and playing a role in a computer game.

Week long ban? Yet another example of an over eager ban hammer when none is needed.

I suggest this person has no clue on how to react when it is proven she is wrong. Backing down is not a bad course of action when you a proven to be wrong.

I also suggest this ban is down to me being critical of her managerial style in the xpert11 game. I suggested she could manage with some more charisma. Its true, she could.

So my crime was to actually criticise the way in which someone manages their team in Xpert11 and to point out that someone should be able to tell the difference between two people role playing rival managers in the press.

I can understand her being hypersensitive to posts in the football forum. I suggest moving the xpert11 thread from the soccer thread as its a computer game not real football and GuanYin doesnt have the skills necessary to look after the thread.

The Poker moderator KevIRL had not one problem with the threads or posts in question. Neither did anyone else. Surely eventually when problems keep arising the linking common factor can come under scrutiny?

Emmo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You were dragging that thread way off topic imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

how was I?

by playing a role that two parties were clearly involved in.

I only played that role in that thread.

How au fais are you with the situation, because unless you review the entire thread. Deleted posts and all I would say that you are uninformed.

Ask for details of the thread from other users. It was entertainment, role play and we deserved better.

Emmo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Emmo wrote: »
    How au fais are you with the situation

I'm quite au fait with the situation, which is why I said what I said.

Gordon wrote: »
    I'm quite au fait with the situation, which is why I said what I said.

so why avoid the question when I aksed how I was off course?

The purpose of the thread is to discuss the games, discuss the league. The banter is part and parcel of this.

If you had a problem with this why did you not mention this to the moderator?

Emmo

so is this being considered or just ignored?

I would really like to just be kept abreast of the issue considering that its seems to be a problematic issue with this moderator and my previous good name has been sullied by someone who cannot differentiate between role play and real life.

A simple reply about this being upheld, considered etc etc would be lovely.

Thanks very much,

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

EP Xpert 11 Online Footie Manager League
    by Emmo » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:20 pm

What a ****ing joke shop.

If she wants a fight I will give her one.

Emmo

I got banned from boards too, for trolling.

If anyone missed my posts I said she needed to put more charisma into her press conferences and also questioned why she had to get involved into a role play between to rival coaches.

Silly bitch.

Emmo
    here lads.

Get onto boards and back me up here.

Emmo
    EP Xpert 11 Online Footie Manager League
    by Tony Mokbel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 pm

only you and the admins can post on the helpdesk emmo

oh yeah?

sh*t heads.

Emmo

We are not entertaining you any longer.