Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 vs. 6300

• 02-06-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

I don’t know too much about phones and my trusty Nokia 6230i gave up the will to live at the weekend so I have to get a new phone. I’ve narrowed my choice down to the Nokia E51 or the 6300. The differences that I’ve spotted are that the E51 has a bigger memory, better battery life and wifi - does that mean it can go on the internet like an iphone can? Are there any other features on either phone that are worthwhile?

The E51 is about €50 more than the 6300 is it worth it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Well are good phones but it depends what you use your phone for,the e51 has wifi, sip, bigger memory etc but if your not looking for these features you might be as well of go with thew 6300. Look here for a comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No Brainer - E51.

To answer your question, its worth the €50 more imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tillerman08

went from a 6300 to an E51 and I much perfer the 6300- if you want more functions etc then go for the E51 but I have put the sim card back in my 6300- super little phone......... highly recommended in my view!!!!!!!! The E51 is a good phone too but is like a brick in comparison to the 6300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E51 is a good phone too but is like a brick in comparison to the 6300.

The build quality on the 6300 is quite poor in my experience. I actually have one nearly brand new on my desk and its scrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

E51 is a great phone, business-oriented, classy but timeless design, a real power package. Wifi and sip calling great, as squared mentioned. The lack of gps can be remedied by a bt gps dongle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

went from a 6300 to an E51 and I much perfer the 6300- if you want more functions etc then go for the E51 but I have put the sim card back in my 6300- super little phone......... highly recommended in my view!!!!!!!! The E51 is a good phone too but is like a brick in comparison to the 6300.

Also went from the 6300 to the E51, moaned for the first few weeks, cause it was different, and the 6300 had some features I missed, but now would not change back.

There is a version of the 6300 with Wifi (the 6301) but i do not think it is available here..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

E51 is by far the better phone.

I also moved from a 6300 to a E51 and I couldn't go back, that said, I heavily use the wifi, so maybe I'm biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I'd opt for the E51 due to the 6300's poor battery life.

Having said that, Nokia announced their E52 quite recently, which improves on the E51's battery life.

I have a 6230i which is pretty old now but it still functions ok...although I thought I'd killed it the other day when I dropped it...but I have an E51 waiting to be put into service. Either that or I'll treat myself to an E52 when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Cheers for the replies guys, I’m steering towards the E51 alright even though it does seem a bit on the brick side. How’s the battery life on the E51?

I had a look there at the E52, it looks a bit slicker than the E51 and like the sound of the unbelievable battery life and the 3.2 MP camera. Anyone have any idea when it’s going to be launched here and how much it’ll cost?

Advertisement