Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary Structure

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Basically, we done nothing in paper one. You might as well say nothing because what we done on paper one doesn't even register as work done.

Its probably a stupid question, but if you are writing a diary on a part (b) is there a certain structure?

Do you have to out out the dates etc?

Also the letter, I know it but just to see if I have the right template. ^_^

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

afaik just example 8 o'clock, 20th june

dear diary,

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Remember to read the question too. I remember last year in the pre they asked you to write one diary entry over three days. Majority of people ended up writing 3 diary entries over the 3 days. As the question only asked for one entry, they were marked on one.

But yeah, I've been doing the date, diary thing and I've been getting 4X/50 a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

mink_man wrote: »
    afaik just example 8 o'clock, 20th june

dear diary,

Ya that is basically it lol.Maybe try and split it over a couple of days and not just 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Yeah just the date, maybe the place and "Dear Diary"

You have more licence to use slang too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Use moderate slang, take it easy, nothing like as formal as a speech but don't really let yourself go.

I sometimes skip the dear diary, it makes me cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Begin your entry with an emotion. Then recount whatever. You don't get marks for retelling an event, you get it for putting the feelings, emotions and views on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

While we're on the subject, how do you structure a magazine article in regards to the opening, closing and tone?

Advertisement