Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand in my phone...

• 02-06-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i was at the beach yesterday, and now there's a lot of sand in my phone, one key feels like there's something behind it when you click it (although the click still registers) and there's a weird static sort of sound when you make a phone call...

It's a nokia e71, any ideas on how i could clean it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need a T4 & T6 screwdiver, you could use a T5 but you make damage the screws so I wouldn't recommend it, also if you do it yourself your warranty goes out the window, it would be best to take it to your local nokia service center especially with the crackling speaker...

Dissamble here..

http://thenokiablog.com/2009/04/26/how-to-disassemble-nokia-e71-replace-faceplate/

Just a tip, never take your phone to the beach...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Better with sand than water in the phone, tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Go to a nokia repair center they should clean it up for a minimal charge i reckon 10euros at the most , if it still under warranty they may do it for free..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

and the sand in the speaker, try turning down the volume a bit, mines crackley at full volume..

Advertisement