Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Car Dealers in Cork

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a used car, live in North Cork, does anyone know of any good garages around Cork County or websites that I can get an idea of models/prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Blackrock motor company in cork is the place for you i recently bought my motor there and the guy i dealt with John was his name was a complete gentleman, i got a very very nice car and at a brilliant price too(and i shopped around for ages). My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

blackwater are thieving feckers lol Even with their recent price reductions they are still well off the mark.

could you not buy privately - echo free ads on tuesday or donedeal etc etc.

if not, i would avoid cork main dealers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

omerin wrote: »
    blackrock are thieving feckers lol Even with their recent price reductions they are still well off the mark.

could you not buy privately - echo free ads on tuesday or donedeal etc etc.

if not, i would avoid cork main dealers

Idiot :mad:, just goes to show what you know. Blackrock motor company, is a second hand car establishment. I was looking to buy something in the 6k region and the car i ended up buying was cheaper there by at least 700 euro from anywhere else i looked and i looked in the pink pages(all crashed or clocked), main dealers(ridiculously overpriced) and the Internet(not bad to be fair but no come back if something goes wrong). I bought a Golf , they gave it a full service and gave me a 12 month warranty! Op id give them a shot at the very least, i found them very sound and i was recommended to go there myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Cool, thanks for your info. If we stay where we are for the long term (which is rural), I will need a car but was looking at getting something no older than a 2000' reg and for no more than 2000Eur, think I'm dreaming though! Just good to know if the need comes up to get one, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Idiot :mad:, just goes to show what you know. Blackrock motor company, is a second hand car establishment. I was looking to buy something in the 6k region and the car i ended up buying was cheaper there by at least 700 euro from anywhere else i looked and i looked in the pink pages(all crashed or clocked), main dealers(ridiculously overpriced) and the Internet(not bad to be fair but no come back if something goes wrong). I bought a Golf , they gave it a full service and gave me a 12 month warranty! Op id give them a shot at the very least, i found them very sound and i was recommended to go there myself!

i presumed you read the original post where he stated he was from north cork. ;)
    never heard of blackrock motor company but i did hear of blackwater motors, see link :rolleyes: :eek:

http://www.blackwatermotors.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

omerin wrote: »
    i presumed you read the original post where he stated he was from north cork. ;)
    never heard of blackrock motor company but i did hear of blackwater motors, see link :rolleyes: :eek:

http://www.blackwatermotors.ie/

i bought my car at blackrock motor company too, good value anything from 2k to 10 k and nice to deal with also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

id recommend martin nyhans aka nyhan motors in bandon. lovely man to deal with. http://www.nyhanmotors.ie/contentv3/

Advertisement