Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking or cycling in

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭

I heard somewhere before that it's good to get exercise before exams, kind of wakes up the mind or something. So, would you say it'd be a good idea to walk or cycle in before the exams or would I just be too tired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ill drive thanks, much quicker and i dont think ill be too impressed when im all sweaty before the exams!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

It would depend how far?
    You don't want to be sweaty and tired by the time you get there, but if your close by I know the walk used to clear my head a bit, and gets me ready for what was ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

It would all depend on how far away you are from your school. I am 20 minutes away so I will be walking as I usually do.

If you think that you might not be fully awake the morning of the exams it might be a good idea to change your sleeping patterns a bit. However it may be a bit late to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It would depend how far?
    You don't want to be sweaty and tired by the time you get there, but if your close by I know the walk used to clear my head a bit, and gets me ready for what was ahead.

was thinking that. It's about 1 and a half miles but a lot of it would be downhill on the way to school so it's not a bad cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Isaac702 wrote: »
    It would all depend on how far away you are from your school. I am 20 minutes away so I will be walking as I usually do.

If you think that you might not be fully awake the morning of the exams it might be a good idea to change your sleeping patterns a bit. However it may be a bit late to do that.

forced myself out of bed at 7am this morning. Hopefully I'll be nice and tired come 10-11 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd stick to whatever you're used to doing. Routine can have a mind settling effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

timmywex wrote: »
    Ill drive thanks, much quicker and i dont think ill be too impressed when im all sweaty before the exams!!!
    agreed, did you ever pass your test? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

If it'll take less than 10/15 minutes then walk it. It's good at reducing stress too

http://www.leaving-cert.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Beau x1 wrote: »
    agreed, did you ever pass your test? :p

Yeh, over easter!

Even taxed the car this morning so i wouldnt be getting hassle from the gards, will seem strange not driving everywhere trying to avoid the gards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

under no circumstances should you walk 1.5 miles if you are not accustomed to that. If you are into sport and use jogging as part of your training then that's fine, but exposing your body to that sort of unexpected exertion is only asking for trouble. Some people get leg rash when walking for only 15 minutes if they are not used to it. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Drive with my visor up, or even just in shorts. That will wake me up. :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I missed my test in Wexford :/

I'm not taxed. No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Why not be rebelious and .....................take the bus !:cool::cool:

Advertisement