Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Six leagues in total with 9 characters each (I'll explain why it has to be nine later). I'm listing it here because I know there are weaknesses in some of the leagues (pretty happy with Superheroes, Humans, and Supervillains though). So suggestions are welcome. :p

Superheroes
    • The Flash
    • Superman
    • Spider-Man
    • Wolverine
    • Green Lantern
    • Captain America
    • Thor
    • Iron Man
    • The Hulk
    Supervillains
    • The Joker
    • Lex Luthor
    • Venom
    • Carnage
    • Loki
    • Red Skull
    • Green Goblin
    • Two-Face
    • The Lizard
    Humans
    • Buffy Summers
    • Sarah Connor
    • Alan "Dutch" Schaffaer
    • Ash J. Williams
    • John Rambo
    • Ellen Ripley
    • John Connor
    • Batman
    • John McClane
    Monsters/Vampires
    • Dracula
    • Frankenstein
    • Wolfman
    • Lestat
    • Angel
    • Predator
    • Xenomorphs
    • Pennywise
    • Freddie Krueger
    Machines/Cyborgs
    • T-1000
    • T-800
    • Megatron
    • Optimus Prime
    • Robocop
    • Borg
    • Ultron
    • Sentenels (X-Men)
    • Terminatrix
    Magical Powers (name change in the process)
    • Professor Xavier
    • Magneto
    • Yoda
    • Darth Vader
    • Emperor
    • Gandalf
    • Saruman
    • Doctor Strange
    • Skeletor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Big long list.

Are three force users really necessary for mystics?

Also neither Xavier or Magneto have mystical powers.

Magneto definitely falls into the Supervillain category and Buffy in Superheroes.

Are three force users really necessary for mystics?

Who would you suggest in their place?
    Also neither Xavier or Magneto have mystical powers.

Hmmmm, I really want to keep them in that category, so I think I'll have to rethink the name of the league. Magical Powers maybe. :P
    Magneto definitely falls into the Supervillain category and Buffy in Superheroes.

Duely noted. :)

Who would you suggest in their place?

Rita Repulsa
    Voldemort
    Sevirus Snape
    Harry Potter
    Dormammu
    The Crow
    Dante (Devil May Cry)

I'm sure others could come up with more.

Would be good to see Van Helsing in the human category considering there are so many monsters.

Rita Repulsa
    Voldemort
    Sevirus Snape
    Harry Potter
    Dormammu
    The Crow
    Dante (Devil May Cry)

I'm sure others could come up with more.

Would be good to see Van Helsing in the human category considering there are so many monsters.

Would you believe that I had HP characters in but took them out because of fears of a negative response? :p I'll look at it again for sure.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of it, but the variety would be better than Yoda, Vader and the Emperor.

I'm not a fan of it, but the variety would be better than Yoda, Vader and the Emperor.

True, I think the Emperor requires the chop. I'm trying to keep it as mainstream as possible so out of the list you gave do you think The Crow would be the right replacement?

Personally, I'd love to see the arguments for Rita Repulsa!

Maybe ask for some suggestions and then choose one at random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dormammu

Ooooooh............. I second him

Right so requests so far;

Rita Repulsa
    Dormammu

Any other feedback peeps? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That's where he should be. Realistically, 1 man with 1 bullet can kill Batman.
    Ash is in the Human League, he should have a credible performance in this tournament so. :p
    Ash has gun , Batman not bulletproof, nuff said.

Ah but will Ash see the Bat coming? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ah but will Ash see the Bat coming? :pac:
    He saw Darkman, he'll see the Bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ash has gun , Batman not bulletproof, nuff said.

Ever seen the Batman short animation 'Field Test' that was part of 'Gotham Knight'?

Bulletproof Batman with SCIENCE.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Ever seen the Batman short animation 'Field Test' that was part of 'Gotham Knight'?

Bulletproof Batman with SCIENCE.

Yeah but at the end,
    Bruce Wayne decides the technology is too dangerous and disgards it after a ricochry hits an innocent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He-Man and James Bond should be there, they have been around long to deserve a shot at the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah but at the end,
    Bruce Wayne decides the technology is too dangerous and disgards it after a ricochry hits an innocent.

True :(

The Batman costume in that episode was incredible, all claws and matte steel. The headpiece reminded me of Guts' headpiece from Berserk, which is no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im pretty sure Bats has come up against and overcome a man with a gun before.....

I dont think a man with a gun is a good enough description of the man who could best bats. The prospective fight between ash and bats is much closer than everyone is saying.

In fact, the phenominon that Doom mentioned in the last tournament of people voting for fan favourites over those more capable of winning may be happening here.

He-Man and James Bond should be there, they have been around long to deserve a shot at the title.

Indeed, I felt a bit silly having Skeletor in the tournament yet ignoring He-Man. The problem there is that I really can't see anyone within "Superheroes" who deserves to be dropped in place of He-Man. Ditto on Bond and the Human League.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For the record, Ash hasn't got the skill to put down Bats in my eyes.

All I meant by that statement was, hypothetically speaking, Batman does not have the strength or stamina to be classed as a superhuman. It doesn't mean someone with a gun automatically beats him. They still have to outskill him.

• Advertisement

All I meant by that statement was, hypothetically speaking, Batman does not have the strength or stamina to be classed as a superhuman. It doesn't mean someone with a gun automatically beats him. They still have to outskill him.

Definitely Doom, unless we're talking Tower of Babel Bats would be the whipping boy in that League, it just doesn't make sense.

1. Ash has survived going toe to toe with The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse.
    2. Ash has survived a handicap match against Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees at the same time.
    3. Ash just never knows when to give up.
    Ash has the skills to challenge Batman.

Me guessing this is comic book Ash and not real Ash? :D:p

Me guessing this is comic book Ash and not real Ash? :D:p
    Yes, the comic series that continues after Army of Darkness.
    http://www.badassoftheweek.com/ash.html A true description of his awesomeness

Are you trying to tell me that this pic doesn't define the awesomeness of Ash?

ash-evil-dead.jpg

Hail to the King baby. :cool:

Are you trying to tell me that this pic doesn't define the awesomeness of Ash?

ash-evil-dead.jpg

Hail to the King baby. :cool:
    Now , you get it. I just saying, Ash is capable of challenging the Bat.

Yeah Ash would kick his ass!

zydkbp.png

Preliminary round:

Characters with identical names must fight.

Army of Darkness Ash versus Pokemon Ash.

Original Optimus Prime versus Energon Optimus Prime.

etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Now , you get it. I just saying, Ash is capable of challenging the Bat.

I personally don't think, in a completely straight up fair fight, that Ash could win. While he is tenacious, brave, and has an excellent chin, my personal perception of the characters is that Bats is a superior, more experienced fighter. But then again, that's the whole point to a tournament. We don't have to agree :)

• Advertisement

I personally don't think, in a completely straight up fair fight, that Ash could win. While he is tenacious, brave, and has an excellent chin, my personal perception of the characters is that Bats is a superior, more experienced fighter. But then again, that's the whole point to a tournament. We don't have to agree :)
    Yes, but Ash doesn't fight fair. Good, bad he's the one holding the gun.

Advertisement