Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Pter wrote: »
    :(

It wont be straight away.....

:(
    Maybe you hasn't noticed but I tends to back losers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The beauty of the draft is you might get first crack at picking a champion from previous tourneys. In fact you prob will.

Just dont pick Superman....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

The beauty of the draft is you might get first crack at picking a champion from previous tourneys. In fact you prob will.

Just dont pick Superman....
    I never back a favorite. You diod notice that I tried pushing Ash Williams-Wolfman over Spider-Man-Godzilla right. That's my kind of team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't think Id be up for a draft TBH. Don't really feel I'd be willing too put in the time/energy to commit to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You are all lazy bastards.:(

:pac:

It's cool, we'll think of something.:)

• Advertisement

Talk at the movie? -> LZ

Talk at the movie? -> LZ

Yeah sure, might as well get cracking on it as early as possible.

I had an idea for a funny division actually.
    Here's a few examples I came up with:
    Chucky(Child's Play)vs. Stewie Griffin(Family Guy)
    R2-D2 vs. K-9(Doctor Who)
    C3-PO vs. Shaggy (Scooby-Doo)
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You are all lazy bastards.:(

:pac:

It's cool, we'll think of something.:)
    Hey I already gave you my best idea for a division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,647 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Galactus vs Goku!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Overheal wrote: »
    Galactus vs Goku!

Goku vrs Broly.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So whats the current thoughts on this, LZ5xPter?

SDooM wrote: »
    So whats the current thoughts on this, LZ5xPter?

We haven't spoken about it much, but I think we've scrapped the draft and are going with the leagues. It would be nice to think that a draft would work but we just can't expect people to commit.

We're also looking at September/October for the start. Preferably October since it will be the anniversery of the Tourament.:pac:

Plus i really do think if interest is going to be revived, we cant start a new tourney so soon after the last one.

Overheal wrote: »
    Galactus vs Goku!

No Dragonball Z characters. They'd kill everyone!

Had an idea while daydreaming in work (of course); how about a division dedicated to (demi-)Gods? ie: not full blown Gods, (I dont want a battle of teh religions) but either the children* of Gods or living embodiments (or abatars if you will) who represent their chosen God.

A few combatants off the top of my head:
    Hercules (Kevin Sorbo)
    Hercules (Disney)
    Perseus (Clash of the Titans)
    Thor (ala Marvel comics)
    Unicron (not in planet mode, but his more managable tank form)
    The Avatar of Khaine
    The Bloodthirster (embodiment of the blood God)
    The Lord of Change (Chaos God of magic)
    The Mask (he's actually a living embodiment of Loki, the Nordic god of mischief)

I'm sure there's about a dozen others that could be used.
    It would have to be a fairly light hearted competition mind.

*before anyone asks Jesus opted not to take part as he finds fighting distasteful.

Perhaps a mini 1-on-1 sixteen character tournament to tide people over?

Even just poaching sixteen from the lyrics of The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny song (with an emphasis on the characters not already included in the last tournament eg. Batman, Godzilla etc)

I'm cool with you guys doing a mini tournament yourselves to tie us over until the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    No Dragonball Z characters. They'd kill everyone!

Had an idea while daydreaming in work (of course); how about a division dedicated to (demi-)Gods? ie: not full blown Gods, (I dont want a battle of teh religions) but either the children* of Gods or living embodiments (or abatars if you will) who represent their chosen God.

A few combatants off the top of my head:
    Hercules (Kevin Sorbo)
    Hercules (Disney)
    Perseus (Clash of the Titans)
    Thor (ala Marvel comics)
    Unicron (not in planet mode, but his more managable tank form)
    The Avatar of Khaine
    The Bloodthirster (embodiment of the blood God)
    The Lord of Change (Chaos God of magic)
    The Mask (he's actually a living embodiment of Loki, the Nordic god of mischief)

I'm sure there's about a dozen others that could be used.
    It would have to be a fairly light hearted competition mind.

*before anyone asks Jesus opted not to take part as he finds fighting distasteful.

the mask can alter reality, eat bombs, absorb bullets, get steam rolled, and dance and sing....no one would be able to defeat him!

i really dont think the mini tournament is a good idea rbh, i think we risk being flooded with them, we could end up with too much of a good hting which would soften the official ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Zeus!

the mask can alter reality, eat bombs, absorb bullets, get steam rolled, and dance and sing....no one would be able to defeat him!

i really dont think the mini tournament is a good idea rbh, i think we risk being flooded with them, we could end up with too much of a good hting which would soften the official ones!
    So no on the funny tourney?

I was planning on helming another tournament with Pter, however it is with regret that I have to take a step back. I just haven't got the time to give to another one right now, and as Doctor DooM will profess these tournaments tend to be quite time consuming! So I'm handing over full responsibility to Pter, he's the man to decide what the next step foward is. :)

• Advertisement

Uh oh....

Let me do some work on it and come back to ya at the weekend.

Im going to postpone doing anything for a undetermined amount of time.

Due to trying to preserve the ideas integrity and due to me having not enough time to do it properly yet

Sowwee

It's up for grabs so! :eek: :D

Hmmmm..... I might do a small tournament next week or the week after depending on how busy I am... Just need to decide on a theme

Animated bad-guys only.
    Shit characters only.
    Hats only.
    Beards only.

etc...

Anthropromorphic animals only

Furry.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Furry.
    More like Darkwing Duck, Howard the Duck, Count Duckula

More like Darkwing Duck, Howard the Duck, Count Duckula

Two out of three ain't bad.

Throw Samurai Pizza Cats, Thundercats and Scrooge into that bundle of fur 'n' feathers too.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    Two out of three ain't bad.

Throw Samurai Pizza Cats, Thundercats and Scrooge into that bundle of fur 'n' feathers too.
    So what if Duckula was a vegetarian. He was still a vampire for crying out loud.

Advertisement