Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

So what if Duckula was a vegetarian. He was still a vampire for crying out loud.

My beef was with Howard the Duck... it's the eyes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dude, he knows Quak-Fu and he's worn the Iron Duck armor against Doctor Bong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Dude, he knows Quak-Fu and he's worn the Iron Duck armor against Doctor Bong.

He reminds me of the square pigs from Space Truckers which, while adorable in theory... do not work in reality.

square.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I still like Howard, and don't care what you says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmmm, I'm feeling all happy these days, I might do another one of these next month. Have it go through mid December right through to the new year. So I wants yo suggestions. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I'm feeling all happy these days, I might do another one of these next month. Have it go through mid December right through to the new year. So I wants yo suggestions. :p

Heavyweight division! Optimus vs Gurren Lagann!

Enterprise vs Macross!!!

Heavyweight division! Optimus vs Gurren Lagann!

Enterprise vs Macross!!!

I see that I'll indeed be needing advisors for this tournament. :p

I see that I'll indeed be needing advisors for this tournament. :p

I'll help out, as well you know.

TEEENNGGEEENN TOPPPAAA GURREEEENN LAAAGGGAAAAN!!!

TengenToppaGurren-LagannMECH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

a contest of "david vs golliath" battles, for example:

ryu vs optimus prime (just to watch DooM cry! :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good idea grames. I nominate Wheelie versus Unicron!

wheelie.jpg

unicroncybertron.gif
    (that's a planet btw)

• Advertisement

Y'all are confusing me, if enough people post on here saying that they have heard of these characters then I'll put them in. :p

Sometimes I prefer battles involving characters Ive never heard of. Takes personal bias out of the equation.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sometimes I prefer battles involving characters Ive never heard of. Takes personal bias out of the equation.

Yeah but, how would you know who to vote for, other than taking Wikipedia's word for it. :pac:

Yeah but, how would you know who to vote for, other than taking Wikipedia's word for it. :pac:

By consulting this panel of experts:
    science-leadership.jpg
    Left to right: Dr. Henry Wu (cloned the dinosaurs for Jurassic Park), John Cena (WWE Superstar), Prof. Robert Winston (Emeritus Professor of Fertility Studies, Imperial College London)

Maybe we should do and old school horror one again?

I liked the horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

No french characters allowed. They would just handle something inappropriate....

Maybe we should do and old school horror one again?

I liked the horror.

For sure, I think this original idea combined with the "give a reason for your vote" aspect would make for a very popular tournament.

Did a bit of brainstorming today and I'm thinking leagues. The format will be strange but I'm hoping it will work. Basically I can't have a character fight every character that is in their league as it would just be ridiculously long, like 90+ matches in total for each league. Still working on it, any ideas welcome. :)

Throwing this out there for discussion, how would you all feel if I put Batman in the "Human" League instead of the "Superhero" League?

Throwing this out there for discussion, how would you all feel if I put Batman in the "Human" League instead of the "Superhero" League?

That's where he should be. Realistically, 1 man with 1 bullet can kill Batman.

• Advertisement

That's where he should be. Realistically, 1 man with 1 bullet can kill Batman.

That's what I think too, just getting the concensus from people just so I'm not accused of giving Bats an "easier" route. :p

I was thinking of something along the lines of action heroes. Of course, that probably fits in with your human league.
    People like Dutch (Predator), Sarah Connor (Terrmiantor 1,2+series), Colonel Matrix (Commando), Ellen Ripley (Alien 1-4), John Rambo (First Blood 1-4), Frank Castle (Punisher 1-3), John Connor (Terminator 2-4+series), John McClaine (Die Hard 1-4), Mike Harrigan (Predator 2), Paul Kersey (Death Wish 1-5), etc.

Would Buffy be in the superheroes section?

Depends, where you sticking Ash?

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was thinking of something along the lines of action heroes. Of course, that probably fits in with your human league.
    People like Dutch (Predator), Sarah Connor (Terrmiantor 1,2+series), Colonel Matrix (Commando), Ellen Ripley (Alien 1-4), John Rambo (First Blood 1-4), Frank Castle (Punisher 1-3), John Connor (Terminator 2-4+series), John McClaine (Die Hard 1-4), Mike Harrigan (Predator 2), Paul Kersey (Death Wish 1-5), etc.

Would Buffy be in the superheroes section?

Yup, most of the above mentioned I have under the "Human" League. Action Heroes would perhaps be a cooler name than Humans. :p

Right now I have Buffy in the Human League, how does everybody feel about that?
    Depends, where you sticking Ash?

Ash is in the Human League, he should have a credible performance in this tournament so. :p

Yup, most of the above mentioned I have under the "Human" League. Action Heroes would perhaps be a cooler name than Humans. :p

I find that acceptable.

Ash is in the Human League, he should have a credible performance in this tournament so. :p
    He could have taken Godzilla.

I have issues with Buffy and Ellen Ripley (from Alien: Res) being in the human league as they have both been enhanced. Buffy's powers stem from demonhood do they not?

Pter wrote: »
    I have issues with Buffy and Ellen Ripley (from Alien: Res) being in the human league as they have both been enhanced. Buffy's powers stem from demonhood do they not?

I'm certain Buffy is considered superhuman, so she is basically a superhero.
    Forgot about the Alien 4 plot device. Maybe we should just limit Ripley to films 1-3.
    As for Ash, I'd say he just about makes it into the 'human league'.

Fair point on Buffy but I don't buy Aliens Resurrection as that's not the real Ripley.

Thats cool with me as long as someone doesnt come along and say 'oh well ripley wins coz the acid blood'.

Bad grammar aside.....

• Advertisement

Thats cool with me as long as someone doesnt come along and say 'oh well ripley wins coz the acid blood'.

Bad grammar aside.....

For sure we can debunk that argument right now.

I'm looking at around mid December for the start of the tournament. I'll put up the suggested leagues and characters soon so you can all give it the rubber stamp and what not. :)

Advertisement