Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gatso van

• 02-06-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Really annoyed over this one, but us speeders always need to rant and rave when we're caught out speeding :rolleyes:

Coming back to Dublin on the N4 yesterday about 18:30, between Mullingar and where it becomes the M4, and anyone familiar may recall the lay-by there http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.471975,-7.15681&spn=0.003206,0.006866&t=h&z=17

and there was a van parked there, on the hatched lines (illegally parked - would this hold up in court?) outside the lay-by, saw the camera etc before it was too late.

Anyway, was doing about 110 at the time, car ahead about 50 meters doing the same speed, another car about 50 meters back doing the same, us all moving along nicely making good progress, in the excellent driving conditions, with dry surfaces and high visible distance.

Now, maybe my speedo is reading a bit high, and maybe with % leeway I might be ok, but I'm a pessimist, so I'm expecting the letter, in however many months it takes to get sent out :rolleyes:, but of all the places for them to be parked up, FFS! Why weren't they out on the windy R299 where it's 80km/hr, collecting revenue from the 12-wheelers clearly doing more, and coming around the corner on my side of the road like the pleb I nearly met with there yesterday?

Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

dont call them scum!!! as i have pointed out before you cant have it both ways,if your car was robbed last night who would you have rang??? the scum:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

You wouldn't call the scum anyway as they are not traffic corp garda. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Apologies if you were offended, but I wasn't referring to the Gardai. Are these vans not operated by some independant company now?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Will people never learn :D ....... Always be suspicious of white transit vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Spent a week driving in france with no incident, driving well within the limits then within 1 day of getting home i dropped my guard and reckon i got caught on the M1 last Friday. One of the new ones with 'Gardai' on the side!! Nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

GATSO vans are operated by Garda Traffic Corps

Advertisement