If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 8404 Series TV

Options
  • 02-06-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

The new 37PFL8404 has finally arrived into us and is up and running on our ambi wall being fed from a Blu Ray player - stunning image it produces too....

I have more stock due in this week - the first batch was all pre sold and went very quickly.

Below are the spec for all bar the 47" which hasnt been publish on line yet.
    basically they have....
    Net TV (wired),
    more connections that most people will be able to feed - 3x HDMI, 2x SCART, VGA for PC's, Component inputs and a USB port that will play MP3/JPEG & H.264 AVC - great for all the Full HD camcorder users out there.
    Ambilight 2 channel
    Pixel Precise HD Processing
    100Hz Clear LCD (3ms response time)

Oh these TV's have been put on a diet as well, The 37" 8 series weighs in at over 5kg LESS than a 37" 9 series, that will give your wall a break (and I should mention us lot in the shop....thankfully the days of man-handling 32" CRT sets around my stock room are a distant memory)

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl8404h_12/32pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl8404h_12/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Pricing on the range is as follows.
    32" €899.99
    37" €1099.99
    42" €1299.99
    47" €1599.99

call in an have a look at them - just dont forget your wallets - you'll want one

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

HI All

A brief update on the 8404 range of Philips TV's

The 37PFL8404 is in stock as we speak/type. It's been very popular so more are on order for this week.

The 32, 42 and 47" screen sizes are due end of June/early July

Call on in and have a look at the 37" - I think you'll be impressed!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hey There

Any update on a firm date for the larger panels?

Cheers

Hi Hick

Funny enough John and I had a meeting with our rep today so we took the oppotunity and held him down and twisted his arm until he spilled the beans on availability.

Here's what he said...

42PFL8404H due 1st week of July
    47PFL8404H due by Mid July

Some lines have been bumped back a little like the 32PFL8404 and 32PFL7404 for instace but it looks like the 42PFL8404 is pretty firm for 1st week of July

atb
    Ash

p.s. we dont condone violence towards reps, we are a peace loving shop....the arm twisting was more like a hand shake and he volunteered the info freely....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bobbleheadray

AshMiller wrote: »
    HI All

A brief update on the 8404 range of Philips TV's

The 37PFL8404 is in stock as we speak/type. It's been very popular so more are on order for this week.

The 32, 42 and 47" screen sizes are due end of June/early July

Call on in and have a look at the 37" - I think you'll be impressed!

atb
    Ash

Where can we find you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Where can we find you?

This post should give you all the info.

• Advertisement

Hi Bobblehedray

Which screen size are you looking for?
    I have the 32" and 42" in stock as I type this (only 1 of the 42" remain in my stockroom - Very popular TV flys out at the moment....)
    The 37" and 47" are due next week - stock came in and went straight out.

You Boardies have good taste in TV's:D

I canbe reached on 01 474 0788 if you are having difficulties in finding us or need directions.

I can reserve one for you if you wish.

have a good day
    Ash

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for the 47" although to be honest, am still undecided whether I'd go for a Sony 46W5500 or the Philips one. I was able to find your shop via google map and will probably visit the shop soon. Thanks again.

By the way, how much do they cost? the 42 and/or 47?
    Hi Bobblehedray

Which screen size are you looking for?
    I have the 32" and 42" in stock as I type this (only 1 of the 42" remain in my stockroom - Very popular TV flys out at the moment....)
    The 37" and 47" are due next week - stock came in and went straight out.

You Boardies have good taste in TV's:D

I canbe reached on 01 474 0788 if you are having difficulties in finding us or need directions.

I can reserve one for you if you wish.

have a good day
    Ash

Hi Bobbleheadray

No worries.
    I'd go with the 47PFL8404, its an excellent TV, but dont take for it - just read through the Boardies veiws on it - its well liked:)

But down to business...
    the 42PFL8404H is yours for €1000
    and the 47PFL8404H is yours for €1300

I should see the 47" in towards the end of next week and I have one 42" in my stockroom waiting for a good home. (it wont have to wait long!)

look forward to seeing you instore

Have a good weekend

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks again Ash, ok, I'm in no hurry to buy, so if you can let me know when its available in your shop, I'd like to see it. What's the warranty for this?

Regards
    Hi Bobbleheadray

No worries.
    I'd go with the 47PFL8404, its an excellent TV, but dont take for it - just read through the Boardies veiws on it - its well liked:)

But down to business...
    the 42PFL8404H is yours for €1000
    and the 47PFL8404H is yours for €1300

I should see the 47" in towards the end of next week and I have one 42" in my stockroom waiting for a good home. (it wont have to wait long!)

look forward to seeing you instore

Have a good weekend

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Bobbleheadray

No worries, I hope to have one up on the wall as soon as we stop selling them faster than we can get 'em! (a good problem that is....)

I have the 32 and 37" version on my my ambi wall if you want to check them out in the mean time.

These come with a 1 year warranty.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jonnieG

Hi Guys

Quick question!! my friend got a new 47PFL8404H TV and i was over helping him set up. I noticed that the picture is fairly 'grainy' when watching SKY. And when watching a DVD (not blue-ray) it is a bit funny in colour and also a bit jumpy!

Maybe I have it set up wrong or is this what is to be expected?? I hope not!

Thanks
    jonnie!

JonnieG

I'd say its down to the settings on the TV.
    DONT use factory settings as they over cook the image and are designed to catch your eye across a showroom - we NEVER use them in store.

Firstly make sure your TV is on PERSONAL in the SMART SETTINGS options.
    Also each individual input will need to be set up seperately - this way you can taylor each input to each device you are using to perfection..

Check the following as they are always way too high out of the box.

SHARPNESS defaults to 7 reduce this to 1 (this will explain the GRAINY image as sharpness will boaost any grain present in the image)
    CONTRAST is set at 100 wind this down to approx 80 and adjust to taste from there.
    in the PIXEL PRECISE HD options select HD NATURAL MOTION sub menu and set to MINIMUM

You'll find that following these steps will improve the image straight away.

Also you'll find your DVD player and SKY boxes may have onboard image settings (STANDARD, SOFT, SHARP etc) the can be rather crude and are best left in their default STANDARD/NORMAL setting.

Try the above and you should be much happier - it is a TV that takes a little bit of tweaking but it will be well worth the time you invest in the set up!

Cheers
    Ash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Thanks to Ash for answering the query.

As this thread is quite a bit old, I'm going to lock it. If you have a query, feel free to start a new thread, resurrecting old threads is not appropriate.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.