Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

• 02-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

Hi

i was wondering does anyone know if thre are any hotels near punchestown?

im haveing a hard time finding one if not, would u reccomend gettin the ****tle buss to naas and staying there and does anyone know hotels there?

please help

i cant camp i have a fear of it ha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

nice to see that festival name up again... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm contributing to this thread just so I can talk about an MCD gig again!

I have no intention of going to Oxegen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mango1888

when will they have the full line up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Nine Inch Nails and the Manics at the same time is pretty crap scheduling but it seems to happens at festivals a fair bit.

happened alot last year. to be honest i think it would keep you goin around with more interest if the headliners were at different times than the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not many good bands playing at it this year for me to be honest. Pendulum, The Mars Volta and NIN would be about it. Not worth paying that amount of money for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Great lineup this year at OXEGEN

[i feel like a rebel sayin it again :P]

Its more versatile this year, better than the usuals the last few years

Should be good!

Wonder if it'll ever sell out, recession etc

they have that deposit thing if you cant pay half your wages on a ticket at once.

just cant wait for deadmau5 and sweidsh house mafia and hopefully the specials will be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

mango1888 wrote: »
    they have that deposit thing if you cant pay half your wages on a ticket at once.

Ah no way?!I def would have done the deposit thing if I had known!! bought my ticket last week and have been broke since!!TG its Payday tomorrow!
    First time going...got 4 day ticket....dunno if I'll survive the camping!!:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Legendary thread this is!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Cant wait for Deadmau5, Boys Noize, Blur, the killers and Bloody Beetroots.
    Id love if Justice came though, might go see Little Boots too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Nine Inch Nails and the Manics at the same time is pretty crap scheduling but it seems to happens at festivals a fair bit.

Why would a NIN fan want to go and see the stinking tedious Manics?

Don't get all the commentary about this year being a great lineup either.
    I see NIN, Jane's and... err... Hmm. There's... errr... ah. Specials might be good?

Some Oxegen as always - hoover up one or two acts you want to see and wait to see if you'll stump up 200 notes to see them.

Noooooo thank you.

Went for Rage last year. Worth the price of a one day ticket to see it. Not worth turning up to the venue before the band went on stage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Still upset about missing Nick Cave and Yeah Yeah Yeahs since it clashes with Springsteen :( Oh well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

More than 2 stages is too many

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Alan Rouge wrote: »

Yea same here although i seen Manics last year and they were unreal , they just played all the hits pity they only had an hour set. So will prob head to NIN this year , not gonna pay for a ticket just get a lift over to Naas and haggle with the security and get in pretty cheap.

Duke Special (2nd Stage) and The Dirty Epics(Green Room) have been added to friday

The Manics usually put on a very good festival setlist. I think they did a cover of Pennyroyalty though. Their bass player's damaged his back so there might be a possiblity of cancelled festivals.

Bit crap that Reznor's not done a proper gig in Ireland. It's either a support slot for the Poo Fighters or a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Going to my first Oxegen this year, there's 3 of us headin down from the thursday, don't know what to expect, but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think it’s the best Oxegen line-up in years.

Can’t wait to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Blur, Elbow, Regina Spektor, Squeeze, The Specials, Nick Cave, The Horrors, Peter Doherty and the Manics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

I was just orderin my car park ticket there and got me wondering has anyone else received their tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

I was just orderin my car park ticket there and got me wondering has anyone else received their tickets yet?

No sign of tickets...yet?!:p:p
    Why, when are they due to be arriving??
    Can't wait!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

spudz21 wrote: »

actually, mine arrived yesterday.

gaslight are gonna be awesome. . .might be an early trip home on saturday though as i have minus interest in a lot of the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Early trip home? You never know what you might stumble upon at a festival. Also, for the price you pay, you'd want to get your money's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

theteal wrote: »
    actually, mine arrived yesterday.

gaslight are gonna be awesome. . .might be an early trip home on saturday though as i have mnius interest in a lot of the rest

Seriously do not do that, you will probably end up going home and see on youtube or something a brilliant show that you could have went to and you will regret it. Don't go home early whatever you do. Waste of money also.

spudz21 wrote: »

They'll come about 2weeks before, maybe 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

JJ wrote: »
    Early trip home? You never know what you might stumble upon at a festival. Also, for the price you pay, you'd want to get your money's worth.
    CyberWaste wrote: »
    Seriously do not do that, you will probably end up going home and see on youtube or something a brilliant show that you could have went to and you will regret it. Don't go home early whatever you do. Waste of money also.

jeasus lads, i was only jokin' (kinda), i'll stick around to get a bit of 'grounds for divorce', thanks for your concern though
    Mr.S wrote: »
    He might just have a day ticket :pac:

indeed i do, i'm too old, cynical and too tired of oxegen to be tenting with all ye lads (i'll be down the road in ballymore with my slippers on :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Are we allowed talk about this festival now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

floyd333 wrote: »
    Are we allowed talk about this festival now :confused:

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Looks like a very poor line up over all compared to 2007 and 2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bought a day ticket to see the Bad Seeds,them and them alone.

The rest can go and sh!te......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement