Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

AdMMM wrote: »
    If that reply was directed at me, then I think you took up my question wrong. If you want to be in a good spot (like close to the front) for one of the "headlining" bands, how long in advance would you have to be in the arena for?

as for getting into the arena, the queues are long in the evenings, so go early.

if its the main stage, there is a pit with a queue on a one in, one out basis. it gets progressively longer as the day goes on. so if you want to see a headliner in the main stage at the pit/front, start queuing around the band before maybe 2 bands before.

theres no pits or anything for the other stages so its easier to get near to the front, so no need to go as early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Jello wrote: »
    It's a basic enough Centra, no deli, alcohol or stuff like that. Can't remember what the prices were like, wasn't too cheap anyway. There's hot water if you wanna use it for noodles or whatever.

And yeah there's a free bus that runs into Naas daily, goes from the Blue campsite entrance. Runs pretty regularly too.

I second the "wasn't too cheap" comment.
    €8 for a crappy non-branded toothbrush last year. I stoopidly forgot to pack mine :(

The centra is super handy for midnight munchies though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 heehaw

ska4ever wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions about how to keep the beer cold for 4 days?

Was thinking of getting a bin and filling it up with water(Is this possible?)
    Does the shop sell Ice?

Get a clean builders bucket and fill with water and put in either a chest freezer or a walk in freezer in a hotel for example, to create a huge ice-cube then when going to oxygen put the ice cube in a clean bin or large water tight container surrounded by beers and i bet the ice cube will last till monday morning keeping beers cold throughout. Im gonna try this as i think its a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Going up north to stock up on booze for Oxegen

Does anyone know how much cans of lager ,bulmers and cheap bottles of vodka

would it be worth my while taking the trip up?

wheres teh best place to shop? newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Obviously it depends on how close you are to the North, but I can't imagine many situations where it would be worth your while going up. If you're buying for 5 or 6 people, or plan on having an off-license out the back of your car, then you will save a bit all right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

so Im having a little problem with my ticket.... I bought it from an acquaitance...a friends boyfriend...and honestly imho, hes a thieving, dishonest prick, but it was gonig cheap and i was in a rush - beside the point. Im now starting to doubt its validity even though it "only arrived in the post yesterday"... heres where ye come in...

ya know on the right side of the ticket face where there are colour blocks (blue,red,orange,green,yellow,white).. well that is all yellow... i dunno has this something to do with being bought off the internet but i get all my tickets there and theyre all usually normal...is it a new thing or is mine a phonie??

hologram seems ok, date etc... i dunno...anyone else have this dogey yellow thing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Going up north to stock up on booze for Oxegen

Does anyone know how much cans of lager ,bulmers and cheap bottles of vodka

would it be worth my while taking the trip up?

wheres teh best place to shop? newry?

If it's only for yourself I wouldn't bother.

Sainsbury's in Newry has a litre of Glen's Vodka for £10.99.
    For bottles and cans there'll be deals on elsewhere, not sure if there's great deals in Sainsbury's, but in most offies you could get cans at a pound apiece, less if there are good deals on.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

I'll be goin to Oxegen for the Sunday only and I was wondering what the drink situation is like for one day tickets? Can I bring in a bag with a few cans in it or is that not allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ska4ever

amacachi wrote: »
    If it's only for yourself I wouldn't bother.

Sainsbury's in Newry has a litre of Glen's Vodka for £10.99.
    For bottles and cans there'll be deals on elsewhere, not sure if there's great deals in Sainsbury's, but in most offies you could get cans at a pound apiece, less if there are good deals on.

I was up in Newry on Wednesday. I am not sure about spirits as I stock up on these when people go abroad. But I got two lots of 48 cans of heineken for 48 pound(Around 58 euro) and 48 cans of Magners of 64. pound(Around 79 euro).

Mixer wise its just as cheap down here. I also drove from Dublin and 25 euro worth of petrol is all I used. Just check your local shops and work it out. I saved a little but not loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

i cant believe i left accomodation to the last week.
    the story is ive rang hotels, b&bs. they are all fully booked.
    ive no car parking ticket booked as was going to get shuttle bus to punchestown.

now ive nowhere to stay..theres three of us

im frustrated

• Advertisement

Sanitarium wrote: »
    I'll be goin to Oxegen for the Sunday only and I was wondering what the drink situation is like for one day tickets? Can I bring in a bag with a few cans in it or is that not allowed?

no, none into the arena unless you're camping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

again what ever else bring Wellies. its a mud bath out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

so Im having a little problem with my ticket.... I bought it from an acquaitance...a friends boyfriend...and honestly imho, hes a thieving, dishonest prick, but it was gonig cheap and i was in a rush - beside the point. Im now starting to doubt its validity even though it "only arrived in the post yesterday"... heres where ye come in...

ya know on the right side of the ticket face where there are colour blocks (blue,red,orange,green,yellow,white).. well that is all yellow... i dunno has this something to do with being bought off the internet but i get all my tickets there and theyre all usually normal...is it a new thing or is mine a phonie??

hologram seems ok, date etc... i dunno...anyone else have this dogey yellow thing???

I had this issue with slane, i brought mine to ticket master expalined the situation and they checked it, i dunno if it was the girl was dead sound or what, but they checked it and it was fine,the only issue id be concerned about is that they might have cancelled it if it was bought through credit card and cancelled the ticket, it happened to a friend of mine a few years ago!

mine is the same, i bought mine off ticketmaster. its a new thing i think, or at least its the case for oxegen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jenbee

Hey does anyone know anything about the comfy crappes at oxegen? Didnt have a chance to flick through this full forum to see if its already been discussed but would love to hear about them? Are they really clean and how much!:D

no place to stay in nass..everywheres fully booked
    any suggestions anyone?
    is there a free shuttle bus to dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jenbee

any suggestions anyone?

Have you tried Newbridge or Kilcullen for a B&B or just Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

any suggestions anyone?

There's a bus from Dublin and back alright, but I've no idea of the cost - It's not free anyways! I think there's a few carpool groups over on oxegen.ie which might be worth checking out? Chipping in a few bob for petrol over the weekend would be cheaper than a Dublin Bus down and back every day.

carpool? whats that about? thanks...will try other those towns now

also...if i was to get a place in newbridge or kilcullen?* wonder will there be shuttle buses going from these areas?
    first time going....ne1 know?? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Stiff kitten, do you have a car? If you do, you can stay anywhere in the area, and drive to Goffs and get the free park and ride bus or to Naas town, where there is a shuttle bus for free to punchestown.

If you stay in Dublin, you get the Dublin Bus, you have to buy a ticket for that.

Those are your only three options - free bus from Goffs, free shuttle bus from Naas, pay for Dublin bus from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

i cant believe i left accomodation to the last week.
    the story is ive rang hotels, b&bs. they are all fully booked.
    ive no car parking ticket booked as was going to get shuttle bus to punchestown.

now ive nowhere to stay..theres three of us

im frustrated

I know it might be uncomfortable and awkward, but could you not get a parking ticket and then sleep in your car?

ive done it before....
    kept on waking up every 2 hours and had to put heatn on to thaw me out and it is soooo uncomfortable...

ya my car is a little one and ive 2 other friends....

i would drive to dublin....im afraid of city drivin....koz i dont know the roads well but vaguely know how to get to friends house....
    i dunno.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ive done it before....
    kept on waking up every 2 hours and had to put heatn on to thaw me out and it is soooo uncomfortable...

ya my car is a little one and ive 2 other friends....

i would drive to dublin....im afraid of city drivin....koz i dont know the roads well but vaguely know how to get to friends house....
    i dunno.....

just get pissed and ul have no problem sleepin in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Irish Independant has a 36 page Oxegen special today.

First page is interview with the legend Mick Pyro, Loose all the way :D

Anyways it has Site Map and more interviews, stage line ups etc.

Only 1.80

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's obviously a mistake. Of Montreal are on before them and there is no way they are playing a set from 8:05 til 9:45. I'd guess it's 8:05 til 9 at the latest and Flo to be on from 9:20 or so. Maybe a little earlier.

you're right, they're playing 21:15 - 22:15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Edible wrote: »
    you're right, they're playing 21:15 - 22:15

You sound very confident...source??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Are all the car park tickets gone??

Edit: Seen some red left on TM, is the red car park a pain to get to if you're coming from the west??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

If anybody is stuck for a place to stay,we might have room in our tent. Or if anybody just wants to drop by,more than welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

mystic86 wrote: »
    You sound very confident...source??

oxegen.ie --> Line Up --> Red Bull

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement