Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hoffman

Wonder if anyone can help?
    Me and some mates have rented a place in tallaght for oxegen weekend and want to know how we can get from tallaght to oxegen and back everyday?
    I can't find any bus services anywhere that are going from tallaght to punchestown or back again? got a price for a taxi for the weekend of € 240 to take 6 of us there and back fri, sat & sun.
    There must be some kind of festival bus from that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

yes there are buses run by dublin bus....check out there website or ticketmaster for prices...that a very good price u got a quote of i must say, 240 euro for 6 people, so 40 euro each for 6 journeys - return each day....thats a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

hoffman wrote: »
    Me and some mates have rented a place in tallaght for oxegen weekend and want to know how we can get from tallaght to oxegen and back everyday?
    I can't find any bus services anywhere that are going from tallaght to punchestown or back again? got a price for a taxi for the weekend of € 240 to take 6 of us there and back fri, sat & sun.

Using Dublin Bus = €20 x 6 x 3 = €360

Looks like the taxi is the much better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

Healium wrote: »
    If anybody is stuck for a place to stay,we might have room in our tent. Or if anybody just wants to drop by,more than welcome!

Thanks so much.
    What colour is the tent so i can recognise ya?
    still nowhere to stay:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Stiff Kitten, have you tried any of the B&B's and hotels in north Dublin? They're that bit out of the way, but less likely to be full at this stage? Even if it was a matter of driving up and down every day, at least you'd be able to go?

Or could you upgrade your ticket to camping, and and get a cheapo tent (Probably work out the same as hotel/driving cost wise).

• Advertisement

just need it for one night..

looking at the timetable it says kings leon are only coming on at 23:30!
    thats really late...id have to park in dub then and get bus out...
    then get back into dublin again after concert to sleep

so much messin..but can i expect...being so unorganised! :mad:

does anyone know what time it generally finishes?

didnt realise you needed car parking tickets! thought u could just arrive and get ticket there...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

does anyone know what time it generally finishes?

Around 01:00 on the Friday and Saturday, about 12 on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Eh,i haven't actually gotten my tent yet,but I'll let you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

My plan for the weekend is here http://bit.ly/oxegen :) I'll also be live-blogging there over the weekend and at @Healium on twitter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 x_omg_ducks_x

I dont suppose anyone needs a seat on a bus from cork to oxegen on thursday and back to cork on monday. Ive 3 spare seats on my bus! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

any one know how much i should pay for 2 3 day camping tickets? seen em going for less on net

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Any1 headin up on Bus Eireann bus on Thursday, Waterford to Dublin?! See ye there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

hoffman wrote: »

There's an hourly bus going from The Square in Tallaght every day for €20 return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aine77

Hi I've decided to book the tangerine fields camping this year and at the time of booking didnt know which campsite to choose so went with red. I see now from the map that the blue car park is closer the red one looks miles away. Does anyone no can u enter the blue car park with the red ticket r can u pay into the blue on d day??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hannable80 wrote: »
    any one know how much i should pay for 2 3 day camping tickets? seen em going for less on net

ya can get a 4day for 200 so around 180..

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mysistersdrunk

I got a VIP camping ticket and I'm wondering what does it entail? Is it just camping in the green area? Will I have to bring my own tent? Also I only got one ticket, my friends will be camping elsewhere, can I move between the different campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You'll be camping in the green area, you'll still have to bring your own tent. It's much nicer in there though :)

You generally won't que on the way in. If it matters to you, your bag into the campsite won't be searched by the security ( :rolleyes: ). You'll have access to the VIP bar, some other restaurants, and some picnic tables (which are well appreciated). There'll be some screens around too. There's rarely any queing to talk about. You'll have real toilets (That flush!!) and real toilet paper. There'll be a few wans about giving massages (I don't know how much it costs though). There'll be a few 'rockstars' about if you want a chat/autograph. If the press need an interview, they'll probably grab you first because they don't have to walk into the crowd.

You can indeed move between the campsites, heaven knows why you'd camp in the red or blue when you can camp in the green though! I'd forsake the extra 'bit of craic' for a good nights sleep, but I'm a grumpy aul (Aul, not old) fart.

Edit: I'm sure there could be some other benefits that I'm not aware of too, oh, and unless the security guard is clueless, it won't do much for getting you into the pits neither. But there's no harm in trying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Ok I'm very sorry if my question has been asked before but there's far too many pages for me to go through.

How much drink should one bring to sustain themselves for the full 4 days, I'm talking alcohol, water, soft drinks etc.? I ask because I have no intention of buying any liquids there as a result of the prices they can charge there.

If anyone could help I'd be much obliged:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

dunno, how about 24 cans of lager or whatever and a litre of vodka and 2 litres of mixer and an empty 2 litre bottle or two to fill up with water at the taps there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

There were free buses running every 30 minutes to the nearest town (Naas?, I can't remember) and there was a Super Valu with an Off License, a few delis for some nice sambos. You can use that the cheaply sustain yourself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Going to Try My best to enter loads of competitions this week for oxegen tickets..With so many tickets not being sold im hoping there will be alot of competitions for tickets between papers & radio etc.?

Anyone know of Radio stations who are running competitions at the moment??

Also does anyone think MCD will lower ticket prices this week in bid to shift the 40% tickets not sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

no place to stay in nass..everywheres fully booked
    any suggestions anyone?
    is there a free shuttle bus to dublin?

Why don't you stay in Dublin City and get a return ticket for Dublin Bus each day...?
    €20 for the return ticket.

Or stay somewhere like City West or the Green Isle Hotel and drive up and down each day?
    Some of the hotels are also running buses to punchestown each day for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hey guys. Does anyone know if there will be much room for tents on fri morning about 10 or 11? Its a big 8man one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Ye there should be space (somewhere), there was last year and it was sold out last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kmj

I know im not supposed to write this here and its gonna piss off a few people but, does anybody know of anyone selling a 4 day camping ticket for oxegen, and I know they are still on ticketmaster but I had my ticket and 2 of my friends tickets and cards and cash in my wallet few nights ago at a house party and my wallet was stolen, so basically that person has ruined our summer if I dont get something sorted. if you do know someone please PM me. and sorry again.

which is the best campsite i.e the one nearest the venu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

got 2 tics yesterday for 100 euro each of some one i no now must find someone to go with :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

hannable80 wrote: »
    which is the best campsite i.e the one nearest the venu

it depends which end of either red or blue you are at. if you are at the end of the blue, its as far as being in the end of the red. theres not much difference although i thought the red entrance was handy out, easy to figure out where you're going and that. the blue one has a few slopes and bumps so its not as clear.

I found the blue campsite head wrecking last year, it has that big xbox stage. the red one was really chilled out at the back and the grass was really long and comfortable! i spent more time in the red than blue :p im sure you'll have great craic wherever you end up anyway. maybe avoid pitchin your tent near the walkways as you're a target for everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement