Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pinkrobot

Which is the best capsite ie the one nearest the venue?

Blue is better in my opinion as its the first campsite that you enter into from the enterance. Both the campsites have ways to get to the arena(least they did last year). Really there isnt much difference in the sites at all. True blue camp had the xbox live stage and i camped right next to it(well fairly close like) but it was fantasic coz i spent all my nights partying at it. Look just dont camp anywhere near trees and youll be fine.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Could the reason it has'nt sold out got anything to do with the fact that the best band in the world...Bruce Springsteen and the E street band.... are playing 2 gigs the same weekend? I go ever year but not this year Bruce is too good to miss in my view....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Could the reason it has'nt sold out got anything to do with the fact that the best band in the world...Bruce Springsteen and the E street band.... are playing 2 gigs the same weekend? I go ever year but not this year Bruce is too good to miss in my view....:)

That may also go some way of explaining why Saturday day tickets are sold out but other Oxegen tickets aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

Does anyone know how often dublin buses will be running to oxegen on the friday morning? If you buy a ticket are you definitley going to get a seat on the bus or might you have to stand for the journey! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

heymayo wrote: »
    Going to Try My best to enter loads of competitions this week for oxegen tickets..With so many tickets not being sold im hoping there will be alot of competitions for tickets between papers & radio etc.?

Anyone know of Radio stations who are running competitions at the moment??

Also does anyone think MCD will lower ticket prices this week in bid to shift the 40% tickets not sold

I just won 2 VIP tickets on Phantom, really looking forward to this now! Quite liking the sound of a bit of green campsite this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Oxidents800

If you have vip camping tickets wats d deal, can u camp anywhere...like in d green campsite aswell?? Also wats does it give you in d arena, can u go backstage, just curious coz of d amount of them being given away in d media!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Saul-Good wrote: »
    Ok I'm very sorry if my question has been asked before but there's far too many pages for me to go through.

How much drink should one bring to sustain themselves for the full 4 days, I'm talking alcohol, water, soft drinks etc.? I ask because I have no intention of buying any liquids there as a result of the prices they can charge there.

If anyone could help I'd be much obliged:)

im planning on getting 24 cans and 2 70cl bottles of tesco malibu things. then gonna get probably 2 2l of 7up and a 5l thing of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

X-Calibre wrote: »
    I just won 2 VIP tickets on Phantom, really looking forward to this now! Quite liking the sound of a bit of green campsite this year

Well done! The green campsite is the only way to go :)
    If you have vip camping tickets wats d deal, can u camp anywhere...like in d green campsite aswell?? Also wats does it give you in d arena, can u go backstage, just curious coz of d amount of them being given away in d media!!

You could camp in the red or blue if you wanted, but you're supposed to camp in the green. It dosn't give you anything in the arena, except for no que - then there's a VIP area.

There's hundreds of them sent out, so they're not exactly as special as one might think.

Also, drove past Naas on Saturday, all the signs are up on the roads. Really looking forward to it now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Anyone have any idea what the weather is supposed to be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 youngfella

don't know what the weather has been like in Naas for the last few days but I'm living in the midlands and there has been some monsoon like rain here over the past 4 or 5 days!!!!!!

anyways no matter how much rain there is it COULDN'T BE AS BAD AS '07

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

gonker wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the weather is supposed to be like?

i heard sunny but it's hard to tell this early.
    I'm worried about the amount of Rain we've had over the last week. Could be muddy regardless of how nice the weather is

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well i live in Newbridge which is about 10 mins away from Naas and the weather we have been getting is ok. The last few days is kinda it rains and then a bit of sun then rain then sun . ATM is sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Hope its fine. Might put a post over on the weather forum see what the experts say over there.

Edit: someone has already posed the question nobody has answered it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

handy thing to make a timetable here

I *think* the weather's due to dry up from Wednesday, only problem with that is the grass could still be quite soggy. Wellies it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

just checked the weather app on my phone - its says :
    thursday is cloudy but sunny high of 17oc and 12oc at night
    friday is sunny high of 18oc and 12oc at night
    saturday is 18oc as well with 13oc at night.....
    I cant get sundays though as it only gives me a 5 day forecast but its looking good so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mimich

Can someone please confirm me that we can bring alcohol in the arena when you'r camping??

mimich wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm me that we can bring alcohol in the arena when you'r camping??

No. You can bring your booze to the camping area, not into the arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 roscoe7

Is anyone looking for accommodation over the weekend. webiste here www.maldronhotels.com/hotel-portlaoise. 20 mins from venue and very reasonably priced. Check it out. I might stay if the weather does not hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mimich

Fajitas! wrote: »
    No. You can bring your booze to the camping area, not into the arena.

and can we go out and in of the arena as many time as we want? :)
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

So what's the deal then this year with the green campsite? are there going to be people there pitching their own tents? that isn't the way it usually is? that's a bit pants....

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

I need to buy a Thursday night camping ticket as most of my friends are now going down Thursday night aswell. On the oxegen website it says they're €20 but when I go on the ticketmaster website I didn't see an option for buying a thurs night pass :s How do you buy them is it as you enter or from a ticketsmaster box office? Any help would be great! :)

HI E! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Hi,

Is there anyway I can get a Saturday day ticket but camp over and go to the Sunday as well?

Like do I need to get another type of wristband when in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    I need to buy a Thursday night camping ticket as most of my friends are now going down Thursday night aswell. On the oxegen website it says they're €20 but when I go on the ticketmaster website I didn't see an option for buying a thurs night pass :s How do you buy them is it as you enter or from a ticketsmaster box office? Any help help be great! :)
    Yeah you need to bring your 3 day ticket up to a ticketmaster box office and they'll sell you one then. You can get them at the entrance too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

youngfella wrote: »

anyways no matter how much rain there is it COULDN'T BE AS BAD AS '07

You're dead right! :)

I can handle a bit of rain...but not sure I could cope with a repeat of Oxegen 07.

and can we go out and in of the arena as many time as we want?
    Yep, you sure can. The que will get bigger at different stages throughout the day though, which is something to bear in mind.
    So what's the deal then this year with the green campsite? are there going to be people there pitching their own tents? that isn't the way it usually is? that's a bit pants....

Nope, folk have always been pitching their own tents in there, it's just that the pre-pitched ones are all set off to one side. We actually pitched ours in there last year because we arrived a bit later than we expected, and there was plenty more room over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone going to try hop the fence? Have you done this before?

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there anyway I can get a Saturday day ticket but camp over and go to the Sunday as well?

Like do I need to get another type of wristband when in there?

I think this is a hilarious question!!

What do you think the answer is?

Thanks Fajitas, never realised there were self pitched tents in there too, never noticed, is there a way of buying VIP camping passes or are they given out to certain people? just curious for next year, although, this will probably be my last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

Hey am going to oxegen for first time this year, have the 3 day camping ticket and just wondered any advice on what to or what not to bring?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Anyone going to try hop the fence? Have you done this before?

its doable... but not theres security everywhere and dawgs too... theres herrace then a huge gap, then steel shield, with secuirty in between

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement