Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Ok so I have a problem. Me and 4 of my friends are going to oxegen. 4 of us have booked the green campsite leaving my friend with just the blue camping Do you think if he bought a 1 man tent he might be allowed to pitch it in the green campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

hey misschatty, you should check out oxegen.ie for all the shiz you'll need, a few papers and mags would prob have a similar feature or check out hotpress too.....
    who am i kidding i've got time to spare ; tent, toilet paper, wipes, mirror, torch, print out a map of the site, drink, snacks, oh! dry shampoo and deo (dont think aerosols allowed tho?) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Ok so I have a problem. Me and 4 of my friends are going to oxegen. 4 of us have booked the green campsite leaving my friend with just the blue camping Do you think if he bought a 1 man tent he might be allowed to pitch it in the green campsite?

hmm my friends gonna do a similar thing, she's supposed to be in red but me and my mate are in blue so she was just gonna pitch with us :) i dunno if it's the same deal with green but just explain your sit., hopefully they're nice

if they say no he can hang out with us tho :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

swapple wrote: »
    hmm my friends gonna do a similar thing, she's supposed to be in red but me and my mate are in blue so she was just gonna pitch with us :) i dunno if it's the same deal with green but just explain your sit., hopefully they're nice

Your red or blue ticket is only specific for the carparks. You can camp in blue despite having a red ticket and vice versa.
    However, with a red ticket you must park in the red carpark, and park in the blue one with a blue ticket.

Not sure about the green campsite though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Feck, its pissing rain here in Kilkenny, anyone know what its like at near punchestown? Im thinking a repeat of 07 might be on the cards...

22424842_bef76a2ce9.jpg

• Advertisement

swapple wrote: »

the red and blue are interchangable, you can plant yourself in either once you have a camping ticket.

The green one is a little different though as you need to have a reference to get in. Are you camping in tangerine fields or or one of those or is it the regular pitch your own tent part (which I did not know about til just today!) If it's tangerine fields etc, what you could try is this (bit complicated but bear with me)

JM Marconi - sending PM with mission impossible plan to get him in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Haha cheers whoopsadaisydoodles!

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I think this is a hilarious question!!

What do you think the answer is?

Thanks Fajitas, never realised there were self pitched tents in there too, never noticed, is there a way of buying VIP camping passes or are they given out to certain people? just curious for next year, although, this will probably be my last year :(

Nope, you can't buy VIP tickets, but as I said, there's loads of them given out to various promotion companies, press, so on and so forth (And funnily enough, there's no camping tickets at all given to some press, my mates in a radio station up there are camping in the staff car park... again...)

Out of interest, when you're camping in the Green area, do you get the wristbands to get into the VIP area inside the arena? Or is the better camping the only advantage?

Well... You could get him in past one chap on the door, but the chap on the next shift might say not a hope, and the chap on the shift after might ask for 50 quid to do it. The alternative is you lie, tell them Tangerine fields made a mistake on the ticket and sneak him in that way, they'll give him a green wristband then. But you'll go to hell for lying...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Anyone looking forward to seeing Therapy? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

just need it for one night..

looking at the timetable it says kings leon are only coming on at 23:30!
    thats really late...id have to park in dub then and get bus out...
    then get back into dublin again after concert to sleep

so much messin..but can i expect...being so unorganised! :mad:

does anyone know what time it generally finishes?
    You could easily sneak into the campsite straight after Kings of Leon as there will be far too many people to check everyones wristband, the only thing is you need to have someone else to bring in your tent and stuff earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

forecast to be showery all week and for the weekend and the ground is already wet.its gonna be messy folks, wellies all weekend and get down early and get a spot on high ground away from a walkway, fences(pissing grounds) and toilets-otherwise you're fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

Hi folks,

We've 4 day camping tickets and a camper van ticket because we're going in a camper van! I'm just having a look at the site plan online and the camper van area seems to be part of the green campsite area.

On the map it shows toilets and showers in the green campsite. Does anyone know if these toilets and showers are for the use of the green campsite only, including the camper van area?

How great would that be?? Oh please let it be true :D

PS forgot to ask, what's security like in the green campsite does anyone know?? What's the chances of a break in?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

JM, It's fine. Just call them and ask for a plus one on your tent. It'll cost the person €30 or so when you check in and the additional person will have to sleep in the middle of the tent/porch. It's grand and dry though and the last two years we've had extra's in our tents with no hastle at all. Just call them and ask.

Also they won't let any extra, tents be pitched.

Enjoy, still debating if I should go or not for the full weekend but work is getting in the way... Mmmm :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Does anyone know how often buses go to Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Feck, its pissing rain here in Kilkenny, anyone know what its like at near punchestown? Im thinking a repeat of 07 might be on the cards...

22424842_bef76a2ce9.jpg

Holy crap! I didn't realise the flooding had been that bad! Any idea which campsite that was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Bit of Info for people parking at oxegen:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhkfidaueyey/

That's from 2 years ago though, not this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Some videos of oxegen been set up this year.

The ground looks wet already:( I wounder how long the toilets will stay that clean for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

are there any bus going from castlebar or ballina on thursday?Three lads looking for away up.Dont want to go with bus eireann!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

moonflower wrote: »
    Holy crap! I didn't realise the flooding had been that bad! Any idea which campsite that was?

I heard that pic was taken at Glastonbury! Don't think Oxegen was that bad, though I wasn't there in 07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Can people who are going for one day bring any drink or food in at all??

• Advertisement

I think you can bring in food. You could bring down your drink and drink it before going in if you wanted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

ya I suppose.. kind of a balls tho! inside is it all different kind of drink cuz At Slane it was only ickky Heinekin..

Well, I wouldn't say all different kinds :pac:

I'm a stout drinker, so all I can remember is Murphies on tap. There was definitely another beer at least on tap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

it'll be Heineken. They are the sponsors after all

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i was told heiniken and wine were all that you can get at most bars! i presume there is no truth in that??:rolleyes:

i was told heiniken and wine were all that you can get at most bars! i presume there is no truth in that??:rolleyes:

Well, stout too. I don't know about anything else :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Bacardi too, though you can probably only get that in the Bacardi arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Hey,

Question about buses leaving from town on friday morning? Do I have to book a ticket in advance and where do the buses go from?Nearest to O' Connell street would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NanoLion3

Hey CardHolder,

As far as I know you can book a seat In advance to make sure you get a seat but might want to ask some one else just to make sure,

And these are the times:The buses will depart from Parnell Square West at the following times
    Thursday 9th July from 12:00hrs until 21:00hrs
    Friday 10th July from 12:00hrs until 21:00hrs
    Saturday 11th July from 10:00hrs until 17:00hrs
    Sunday 12th July from 11:00hrs until 16:00hrs

Hope that was helpful:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NanoLion3

Hey all,

I'm 18 so do I have to have a Garda I.D card or can I just use my passport to get drink in Oxegen?

Also would they have the likes of Stella and Errdinger:D

Thanks in Advance:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement