Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

NanoLion3 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm 18 so do I have to have a Garda I.D card or can I just use my passport to get drink in Oxegen?

Also would they have the likes of Stella and Errdinger:D

Thanks in Advance:)

Unless you look 13 the passport will be fine.

Usually there's one kind of beer, bring your own, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

i have a 3 day camping but wanna go down on the thursday, it says on the oxygen website you can buy a 20euro ticket for camping on thursday night, but i cant find it on ticketmaster! anyone know what the story is?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NanoLion3

amacachi wrote: »
    Unless you look 13 the passport will be fine.

Usually there's one kind of beer, bring your own, seriously.

Thanks for the advice but I am bringing my own I just wanted to know:)

BHW wrote: »
    i have a 3 day camping but wanna go down on the thursday, it says on the oxygen website you can buy a 20euro ticket for camping on thursday night, but i cant find it on ticketmaster! anyone know what the story is?

thanks

Hey BHW,

You will need to bring your 3 day ticket up to a ticketmaster box office and they'll sell you one then. you can get them at the at the Red or Blue campsite entrance aswel,
    just make sure you leave early on Thursday so you can pitch your tent early and make sure your not near any walkways(can get muddy), toilets(can get smelly), trees(can be used as a toilet), or fences(what I said for the tree)

Hope all works out, have a good Oxegen2009:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Thanks for the advice but I am bringing my own I just wanted to know:)

No problem, it's just that buying more than a drink or two at the place is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aine77

BHW wrote: »

thanks

You can upgrade ur ticket in any ticketmaster outlet, went in today and changed my red carpark ticket for a blue cause i'm in green campsite it was no hassle!!! Wats d story wit d BBQ area's? Der one in the green campsite? Is it worth taking one r is it worth it??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blade_Wex

If you're bringing beer to Oxegen remember that no glass is allowed onto the site. If you plan on bringing spirits or be all posh in the muck and the mud sippin on wine, transfer your drink into plastic bottles.
    Plastic bottles have an access all areas pass! icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blade_Wex

Only disposable BBQs are allowed on the campsites and can only be used in designated areas. Disposable BBQs really arent worth the hassle IMO although watching drunken monkeys trying to use them at 6 in the morning is quite funny to say the least!!

amacachi wrote: »
    No problem, it's just that buying more than a drink or two at the place is insane.

Tell me about it:rolleyes:...its like 8E for your fist pint and then 5E after and thats IF you bring back your Eco thingy's,

24 cans and 2 75cl smirnoff Mojito, 2 2L bottles of 7up and 2 2L bottles of water and thats if I can carry it all:D

There's goin to be some headache's walking around:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Hey all,

I'm 18 so do I have to have a Garda I.D card or can I just use my passport to get drink in Oxegen?

Also would they have the likes of Stella and Errdinger:D

Thanks in Advance:)

I hope you're bring your own booze as well. they only sell heineken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 emjv1

Hello people,
    Please could any1 tell me if it's possible to go down on Thursday without a camping ticket as i can't find out anywhere! I have a car park ticket and we are gonna sleep in car and i have no idea if we allowed do that either :D Can you actually get in to campsites without camping ticket? :rolleyes: We tried swapping tickets for camping ones but ticketmaster wouldn't let us (friend made mistake while buying them:eek:) Any help or info much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Spice Burger

Hi Emjv1,

You can arrive on thursday but you will be stuck in car park (you can use your car to sleep in over weekend).

I cant understand why ticketmaster cant upgrade the ticket to camping.icon13.gif

Good Luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

emjv1 wrote: »
    Hello people,
    Please could any1 tell me if it's possible to go down on Thursday without a camping ticket as i can't find out anywhere! I have a car park ticket and we are gonna sleep in car and i have no idea if we allowed do that either :D Can you actually get in to campsites without camping ticket? :rolleyes: We tried swapping tickets for camping ones but ticketmaster wouldn't let us (friend made mistake while buying them:eek:) Any help or info much appreciated :)

i am in the same situation as this but i rang ticketmaster and they said i can upgrade on the day is there any truth to this?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Haven't decided if i'm going yet or not but was wondering does anyone know what the weather is going to be like? Was there before in the muck and cant really be bothered with it!

Google is your friend ;)

10 day weather forecast for Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

i am in the same situation as this but i rang ticketmaster and they said i can upgrade on the day is there any truth to this?:confused::confused::confused:

Really? They told me absolutely no refunds or exchanges on tickets which is completely stupid as i'd be giving them more money :confused:
    So even if i go down on Thurs i'm confined to the car park?? That sucks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

me to

me to

just heard if i were to tip the gentlemen handing out wristbands very generously, he might give me a camping 1 ;)
    can only hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

I know this is showing my age, but this page :

http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336&Itemid=188

says the Kings of Leon don't come on stage until 11:30 or so on the Saturday. Is that correct? I thought the concert would be finishing around then?

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

just heard if i were to tip the gentlemen handing out wristbands very generously, he might give me a camping 1
    can only hope

I've heard saying 'I believe it's €x for a camping upgrade?' is a good way to go about it.
    jasonb wrote: »
    I know this is showing my age, but this page :

http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336&Itemid=188

says the Kings of Leon don't come on stage until 11:30 or so on the Saturday. Is that correct?

Yes that'd be right.

Thanks! A bit later than I thought, glad I'm sleeping in on Sunday...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

From what I understand of the weather maps it could be a fair mud bath on Saturday because of rain and crowds, serious black-bag-clothes time that day!:D

Oh great, the only day I'm going!

J.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just heard if i were to tip the gentlemen handing out wristbands very generously, he might give me a camping 1 ;)
    can only hope

new crew doin i this year... nordis... mightnt be too nice either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

Hello people,

A few years ago something similar happened to my mates. It was €20 for an upgrade to camping and no hastle. Try the ticketmasters onsite and if that fails try the bribe the wrist band dudes. You'll get in camping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

is it possible to get in without a ticket??? loads of my friend are goinin to try!!

• Advertisement

Scien wrote: »
    Christ, you serious?
    I don't even own wellies. Gotta do some shopping Thursday evening so.

Also, Bloc Party or Doves?
    51% of me says Doves at the moment.

You gotta have wellies regardless, even if the sun is gonna shine the whole weekend, there'll be the much left over from this and last week, better to be comfy than to lost one of your runners in the muck :pac:

Also, having watched a bit of glastonbury, I think Doves looked better than Bloc Party - personal opinion though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement