Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LorraineKildare

Fig. Ye loadsa people i no ae sneakin in. no problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A lad I know did it last year and ended up with a huge gash on his hand, but he got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

I heard somwhere that you can't bring folding chairs this year, anyone know if this is actually true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

how much money would one want to bring to oxegen for 4 days? Have all my drink and pretty sure have most of my food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I brought €150 last year and had plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I heard somwhere that you can't bring folding chairs this year, anyone know if this is actually true?
    Bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TedHandy

Anyone on here working in the Bacardi B-Bar or has anyone worked there in previous years? Working there myself this year and havn't a clue what it going to be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

im not on about climbing the fence i mean going throw the front gate or so they say!!! personaly i feel everybody should pay as its not fair on everybody else but theres always going to be a few that will get in.

does anybody think there going to be more strict than last year?? with what happend in slane??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 billy-ray

I've to drop the girlfriend an her mate down on Saturday, just wondering how close i can get to the site and roughly how long it would take from Tallaght. Cheers in advance.

• Advertisement

any know were the staff campsite is located? Is there showers and proper toilets there or is it a complete ****hole?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

billy-ray wrote: »
    I've to drop the girlfriend an her mate down on Saturday, just wondering how close i can get to the site and roughly how long it would take from Tallaght. Cheers in advance.

You would be better off dropping them at Goffs Park Ride just outside Naas. Then they can get a free bus to Oxegen and back. You could be there for hours trying to get in and out of punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 17 billy-ray

Cheers Furious, thats what i'm hoping to do. The Oxegen website says all drop offs must be at the park & ride and i don't fancy sitting in traffic for hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Haven't decided if i'm going yet or not but was wondering does anyone know what the weather is going to be like? Was there before in the muck and cant really be bothered with it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61025458#post61025458:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 heehaw

Three of us plan to go down on friday morning and have no tickets as yet as i couldnt see it selling out ! Will there be tickets for sale at the ticketmaster office at the gate or will i have to throw the wristband man a few bob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Or just buy your tickets before you go down. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 heehaw

Resi12 wrote: »
    Or just buy your tickets before you go down. :confused:

Fair point, but i think there might be people offloading tickets left right and centre. Last year it was notable even amongst my friends. Tickets that went unused :eek: imagine it nearly made me sick. So i thought this year i will leave it till i get there. Surely the wouldnt refuse €224 at the gate would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mcevoyfi

Hi myself and my mates are camping at oxegen, not going down til friday tho, what kind of space do people think there will be left in the campsites and what time do you's think i should get down there on friday so?? also which campsite do you think is better blue or red??

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Heading down Thursday or maybe Friday. Anyway the thing I hate is being without my phone at these things. So does anyone know where I can get one of those solar phone chargers for my phone? Its an iphone.

Nice thread going here, Ive made a list from it on stuff I need, the bucket for the drink idea is great....simple as well.

• Advertisement

mcevoyfi wrote: »
    Hi myself and my mates are camping at oxegen, not going down til friday tho, what kind of space do people think there will be left in the campsites and what time do you's think i should get down there on friday so?? also which campsite do you think is better blue or red??
    Get down at about 1 or 2. They keep a field closed off untill Friday morning so there should be loads of room. You'll have to walk abit though, cause the first field will be close to full with people from Thurs.

caesar wrote: »
    Heading down Thursday or maybe Friday. Anyway the thing I hate is being without my phone at these things. So does anyone know where I can get one of those solar phone chargers for my phone? Its an iphone.

Nice thread going here, Ive made a list from it on stuff I need, the bucket for the drink idea is great....simple as well.

Last year they had stands where you could charge your phone. I didn't have to use it so I don't know what the story is with them. I think they're sponsored by O2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

right im packing here now..
    so far i have
    • alcohol
    • mixers
    • clothes (1xshorts, 2xtops, 1xcardigan, 1xdress, 1xhoodie)
    • toilet paper x2
    • dry shampoo
    • baby powder (incase dry shampoo is conficated 'cause its aersol)
    • toothbrush
    • toothpaste & mouthwash
    • food
    • sleeping bag
    • torches
    • baby wipes
    • deoderant (roll on)

what am i missing ? plan to wear wellies on the way there - also probably my hat and sunnies.. putting my tickets and id (only have my passport :mad:) into a small bag.

anything ? :)

Bin liner.
    Duck tape.
    Get some biscuits in Lidl.
    Suncream.
    Empy bottle for water.
    I'd consider bringing another hoodie instead of the cardian tbh.
    Bring spare batteries instead of spare torches :)

Aerosol's won't be confiscated afaik. I'll be doing this in the morning :-/

Oh, and make it toilet roll x 4...

Aaaaand if you can get one of those fishing chairs, they're well handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Bin liner.
    Duck tape.
    Get some biscuits in Lidl.
    Suncream.
    Empy bottle for water.
    I'd consider bringing another hoodie instead of the cardian tbh.
    Bring spare batteries instead of spare torches :)

Aerosol's won't be confiscated afaik. I'll be doing this in the morning :-/

Oh, and make it toilet roll x 4...

Aaaaand if you can get one of those fishing chairs, they're well handy.
    why duck tape ?
    yea i was thinking another hoodie too - and also a rain jacket! and have extra batteries , somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

PlayGirl wrote: »
    why duck tape ?
    yea i was thinking another hoodie too - and also a rain jacket! and have extra batteries , somewhere?

Duck tape to tie someone up:pac: Nah in case your tent is leaking you can tape black bags to it. If you split your pants duck tape will sort it out. Duck tape ftw:D

TedHandy wrote: »
    Get down at about 1 or 2. They keep a field closed off untill Friday morning so there should be loads of room. You'll have to walk abit though, cause the first field will be close to full with people from Thurs.

Cheers, was really worried we'd turn up and have no where to pitch our tent!!!

Keeping your tentmate from snoring

Putting bin liners over your tent for extra waterproofing, sticking 'things' down, sticking 'things' to your tent (Wallet, speaker, etc), covering up any small tears in your tent, fixing fold-up chairs... and a million and one other uses!

HELP please.... have a 3 day camping pass and am driving down on friday, dont have a carpark pass yet tho (we only bought 3 tickets so didnt get a free one) and i cant find them for sale on ticketmaster.ie, does anyone know where i can buy one???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

caesar wrote: »

I only have to charge my phone once a week.
    What's wrong with you??

Turn it off at night and save battery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement