Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

PlayGirl wrote: »
    what am i missing ?

a bottle containing the urine of a rat.

so that you spray undesirables with the contents - possibly exposing them to Weil's disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aine77

emjv1 wrote: »
    Hello people,
    Please could any1 tell me if it's possible to go down on Thursday without a camping ticket as i can't find out anywhere! I have a car park ticket and we are gonna sleep in car and i have no idea if we allowed do that either :D Can you actually get in to campsites without camping ticket? :rolleyes: We tried swapping tickets for camping ones but ticketmaster wouldn't let us (friend made mistake while buying them:eek:) Any help or info much appreciated :)

If you go into a ticketmaster outlet they'll upgrade it for you. I was in the other day changing carpark ticket from red to blue and a girl was upgrading her wkend camping ticket to include thursday. If you ring ticketmaster they say no exchange or refunds but go into an outlet!!

Also if you've no carpark ticket and have 3 tickets... try find someone with 1 more ticket and u can go in and get a free carpark ticket

aine77 wrote: »
    If you go into a ticketmaster outlet they'll upgrade it for you. I was in the other day changing carpark ticket from red to blue and a girl was upgrading her wkend camping ticket to include thursday. If you ring ticketmaster they say no exchange or refunds but go into an outlet!!

Also if you've no carpark ticket and have 3 tickets... try find someone with 1 more ticket and u can go in and get a free carpark ticket

Aine, did you see someone having a dump on the grass last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 heehaw

right im packing here now..
    so far i have
    • alcohol
    • mixers
    • clothes (1xshorts, 2xtops, 1xcardigan, 1xdress, 1xhoodie)
    • toilet paper x2
    • dry shampoo
    • baby powder (incase dry shampoo is conficated 'cause its aersol)
    • toothbrush
    • toothpaste & mouthwash
    • food
    • sleeping bag
    • torches
    • baby wipes
    • deoderant (roll on)

what am i missing ? plan to wear wellies on the way there - also probably my hat and sunnies.. putting my tickets and id (only have my passport :mad:) into a small bag.

anything ? :)

cowboy hat
    phillips pz2 screwdriver
    Inflatable matteress
    5v matteress blower upper
    second phone
    blue 240v adapter to plug into lighting generator in car park( can run hair straightners and toasters and recharge stuff)
    wind up torch
    10 packs of rizzla even if ya dont smoke blow, its good trading material in the early hours
    Cardboard cut out of paris hilton for photo opportunities
    beachball
    and anything you were already considering fly tipping like all the builders rubbish for that extension you recently had done and sofas etc.

Enjoy

crotchless boxers - makes it easier to screw the ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

so far i have
    • alcohol
    • mixers
    • toilet paper x2
    • dry shampoo
    • toothbrush
    • toothpaste & mouthwash
    • food
    • sleeping bag
    • torches
    • baby wipes
    • deoderant (roll on)
    what am i missing ? plan to wear wellies on the way there - also probably my hat and sunnies.. putting my tickets and id (only have my passport :mad:) into a small bag.

Football socks. Better than regular socks and prevents trenchfoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

dsg wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We've 4 day camping tickets and a camper van ticket because we're going in a camper van! I'm just having a look at the site plan online and the camper van area seems to be part of the green campsite area.

On the map it shows toilets and showers in the green campsite. Does anyone know if these toilets and showers are for the use of the green campsite only, including the camper van area?

How great would that be?? Oh please let it be true :D

PS forgot to ask, what's security like in the green campsite does anyone know?? What's the chances of a break in?

Anyone?

Also, what's this Im reading about no aerosols?? Those roll on deoderants just don't work people!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone?

Also, what's this Im reading about no aerosols?? Those roll on deoderants just don't work people!!!

Its not as if they are gonna turn your bags inside out to check them.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

Anyone?

Just throw them inside a sock or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Anyone?

Yep, you can use the showers and toilets in the green campsite afaik. Security is a bit higher than the rest. The whole place is a bit sparser than the other campsites, so security can see trouble clearer. That dosn't mean you can throw your plasma TV and best HiFi system in the camper, and leave door open and the blinds up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I only have to charge my phone once a week.
    What's wrong with you??

Turn it off at night and save battery

:D

Ah I use it for listening to music and other stuff and the battery is fading in it I think. Anyway I'll turn it off at night and it should be fine. Im not goin down til the Friday now so it should be ok.

The solar charger thing would be handy all the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

Its not as if they are gonna turn your bags inside out to check them.;)
    Dmullar wrote: »
    Just throw them inside a sock or something!

Well if a person can manage to get heroin into the 'joy I suppose getting a can of Sure into Oxegen shouldn't be too much of a problem! ;) I should point out i've never smuggled heroin into the 'joy or anywhere else for that matter.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Yep, you can use the showers and toilets in the green campsite afaik. Security is a bit higher than the rest. The whole place is a bit sparser than the other campsites, so security can see trouble clearer. That dosn't mean you can throw your plasma TV and best HiFi system in the camper, and leave door open and the blinds up :)

Higher security? I like the sound of that to be honest. I'm a bit long in the tooth for getting up to any shenanigans anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 newbie1010

I got two VIP camping tickets - does anyone know if this also gets you a VIP wristband for the area inside?

Also has anyone camped before in the green site - is it likely to be full if we don't go down til Friday evening?

You'll need your ticket back off the guys at the camping area to get into the VIP area. They'll try keep'em if they think you don't know the story. We didn't arrive until about 8 o'clock last year and got a space no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Must say this brain wave of encouraging everyone to car pool was a great idea. What better way to spend a Thursday morning than trying every feasible combination of trying to fit 4 people and their tents/drink/clothes/bags into a small car! I've ordered my tent pack from Cosy Campers, so I can just collect that up there but I still think we're going to struggle to fit everything in. I'm trying to get away with fitting everything into a backpack rather than a rucksack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

Does anyone remember if they check tickets when arriving the in car park? Friend of mine planning on buying his off someone at the gate so he wont have one when getting into the carpark - will this be a problem? :confused:

He could just buy one before he gets there, there are red parking passes left afaik.

strongr wrote: »
    how much money would one want to bring to oxegen for 4 days? Have all my drink and pretty sure have most of my food.

If you are planning on drinking inside the arena then you'll need a few bob I'd say - have never bought a drink at oxegen myself! If you aren't planning on buying any booze or food, then I reckon €100 would be plenty. Money for a few funfair rides (which cost a FORTUNE) if you are into that sort of thing. A few quid to buy yourself a mojito just to look cool! Spare cash incase you need to buy a new hat or get a massage or whatever! The odd bottle of fanta to quench the thirst.

In reality, you could probably actually go the whole weekend without spending a bean if you are prepared enough!

so far i have
    • alcohol
    • mixers
    • toilet paper x2
    • dry shampoo
    • toothbrush
    • toothpaste & mouthwash
    • food
    • sleeping bag
    • torches
    • baby wipes
    • deoderant (roll on)

Sun cream (and if you ever get coldsores get a really high factor chapstick as the sun brings them out)
    Flip flops for showering - you wouldn't know who's been standing there before you!
    Hand sanitiser - there is nowhere to wash your hands when you pee!
    Socks
    A warm hat aswell as a sun hat.
    Get yourself a pair of leggings too, throw them in your bag going into the arena so you can throw them on under your shorts/dress later on.
    Rain coat/poncho - essential.

Aqua Drop sweets - I urge you all to bring these with you - you will thank me later. When you are watching your favourite band and the queue to buy a fizzy drink is four miles long these are the ultimate saviour. The apple flavour are the most thirst quenching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Not trying to sell a ticket, but thought ye might like to know that TM have released some tickets for Saturday, just this morning.
    (move or delete post, if needed)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 snroup

Hey All!

Im a newbie….well im an oldie really (!) but have never been to Oxegen before. Little bit nervous from some of the Oxegen tales that do the rounds :eek: but I managed to wangle some VIP tickets with camping in the green area this year and the lineup is too too good to miss! :)

So my question….does anyone know is the green campsite actually VIP camping or is it just the nicest of the regular campsites? Also read on the forum about a VIP bar with all kinds of drinky poos (ie. not just heineken and bacardi). Is this open to anyone camping in Green or do you need to blag your way in?

So sorry if this has all been asked before….thanking y’all in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Has anyone ever stayed in the podpads at oxegen? or know how many people they take each? On the podpads site they say they're for 2 people but a friend has rented 2 and they came with 2 sheets with 3 names each to fill out..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

ss-ss-ss wrote: »
    Does anyone remember if they check tickets when arriving the in car park? Friend of mine planning on buying his off someone at the gate so he wont have one when getting into the carpark - will this be a problem? :confused:

theres a ticket master at the gate so I guess if you had the parking pass you could just go to that ticket master,or get one off some then.afaik all they do in the car park is make sure you have the parking pass,thats what happened last year anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

A friend of mine is thinking of getting the bus down thursday, but only has a three day campng ticket. Can he buy a camping ticket for the thursday at the gate or does he have to ring ticketmaster and find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

theres a ticket master at the gate so I guess if you had the parking pass you could just go to that ticket master,or get one off some then.afaik all they do in the car park is make sure you have the parking pass,thats what happened last year anyhow.

Thanks thats what I thought myself! Can you buy parking passes there or should you get them before hand! I have been there before but I have no memory of this park of the weekend?! :rolleyes:

snroup wrote: »

So my question….does anyone know is the green campsite actually VIP camping or is it just the nicest of the regular campsites? Also read on the forum about a VIP bar with all kinds of drinky poos (ie. not just heineken and bacardi). Is this open to anyone camping in Green or do you need to blag your way in?

So sorry if this has all been asked before….thanking y’all in advance!

It's VIP camping, along with people who've spent the extra few bob on renting tents, or bringing along campervans, and the odd staff gets to sneak in there.

I'm not sure if the VIP area is open to everyone though, to be honest, I don't think so - It's never TOO busy in there, which I imagine it would be if a few hundred more people had access. If you know anyone working in press at the event, it's easy enough getting in there. Just get them to tell security you're heading in for an interview... But you didn't hear that here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonjonjon

Hi, I have a 3 day ticket and I'm wondering is it possable to upgrade to a 3 day camping ticket. Im looking at the prices now, a 3 day ticket is 199 and a 3 day camping is 225. So i would only need to pay 25 euro more to upgrade!

Does anyone know if this is possable? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What time are people planning on getting there on Thursday?
    Heard on the radio this morning to give yourself an extra 3 hours travelling time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If you go early on Thursday theres usually **** all traffic.

My mate has no ticket, Is there a place you can buy one down there? Cant remember if there is or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Quick question, its prob been asked alot but I dont have time to go looking for it, but Cna you take a photocopy of your passport for age identification, if you dont want to risk loosing your real passport? Will they accept it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement