Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 reidyj

camper van ticket for oxegen people? anything available? asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 reidyj

camper van ticket for oxegen people? anything available? asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Someone give me an update on the weather. I'm not going down if its raining.

Didn't your mommy ever teach you to use magic words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 azed

Hi dunno if anyone els ehas asked dis but i have a 4 day ticket but only goin down on friday! do i get a refund or sumat wen i arrive? or wil i even be let in?? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Its not raining here. about 10 mins away. sky looks fairly dark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Someone give me an update on the weather. I'm not going down if its raining.

lol. won't catch any Munster fans saying things like that.

In seriousness -
    Apparantly it's going to p*ss rain on saturday. And i'd say the ground will be very mucky regardless because of the rain of the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

It was raining much more heavily in the weeks prior to Oxegen last year and the ground was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

Anyone know where there are some clash finders about? Usually some floating about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Hi

Ive never been to a music festival before... When people say oxygen or electric picnic, i just imagine tents everywhere (obviously), muck, so clothes are destroyed. Lots of under 21s, locked (am 30) and just messy messy messy. Im afraid to even think of what the toilets are like and the showers... Is it really that bad or is it completely worth it

Out of oxygen and electric picnic, which would you prefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ro810

hey dose anyone know anything about the parking tickets... cause my friend has a red parking ticket but they are staying with us in the blue camp.. can they just go up 2 the blue car park and park there?? or 2 they have 2 park in red?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Latest weather from www.met.ie

Thursday night will still be dry and cool again. Friday morning will also start off dry and it will be even bright and sunny in places for a few hours during the morning time. But then the weather will start to change. Cloud will quickly thicken and rain, developing in the west, will move to all parts of the country through the day. The winds will now have switched to a southerly direction and they will gradually freshen. The weekend will be wet, even very wet at times. Further outbreaks of heavy rain are likely through Saturday and Saturday night. More rain is likely on Sunday too, although there may be some clearance for Sunday afternoon.

Not looking too good :(

Oxegen weather update - http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=485:oxegen-weather-update&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

You can park in either car park regardless of ticket type.

My advice would be to buy a parking pass in ticketmaster for 20 euro because you will have to pay 30 euro to park on the day. Also its 15 euro extra if you leave the carpark and want to come back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Right so, looking to get a bus on JJ Kavanghs from kilkenny to punchestown in the morning, but on their site you can only book return return tickets for the trip to punchestown, you cant buy a single. I rang them and they claim they cant do anything about that. You can buy a single though to Naas, and it drops you off at the Gem. I see theirs free shuttle buses leaving from Kavanaghs Public House, Main Street in Naas, and im wondering is the gem far from kavanghs public house?

I was thinking of trying the driver in the morning for a single up but dont really want to risk it. Has anyone done it the way im thinking of before? Does it take long for the shuttle buses to get to oxegen and how far is kavanghs public house from the gates to oxegen like.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Hi

Ive never been to a music festival before... When people say oxygen or electric picnic, i just imagine tents everywhere (obviously), muck, so clothes are destroyed. Lots of under 21s, locked (am 30) and just messy messy messy. Im afraid to even think of what the toilets are like and the showers... Is it really that bad or is it completely worth it

Hi Susie,

If I was around your age I would go to the Picnic. I'm 23 and in previous jobs I have been in, managers who are around the 28-35 bracket went to Electric Picnic because there are alot of 15-16 year olds running around at Oxegen on the past two years I have been.

Of course you are only as young as you feel! Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hi

You should go to a festival on the continent. A lot less of the locked under 21's and a fun time for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

azed wrote: »
    Hi dunno if anyone els ehas asked dis but i have a 4 day ticket but only goin down on friday! do i get a refund or sumat wen i arrive? or wil i even be let in?? Thanks

Do you get a refund? Are the event organsiers to blame for you not being able to attend until Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Right so, looking to get a bus on JJ Kavanghs from kilkenny to punchestown in the morning, but on their site you can only book return return tickets for the trip to punchestown, you cant buy a single. I rang them and they claim they cant do anything about that. You can buy a single though to Naas, and it drops you off at the Gem. I see theirs free shuttle buses leaving from Kavanaghs Public House, Main Street in Naas, and im wondering is the gem far from kavanghs public house?

I was thinking of trying the driver in the morning for a single up but dont really want to risk it. Has anyone done it the way im thinking of before? Does it take long for the shuttle buses to get to oxegen and how far is kavanghs public house from the gates to oxegen like.

Thanks.

Nass is a small enough town really Kavanaghs is a five min walk (max) up the main street it will be no bother to ya!!
    As far as I know the shuttle buses are running all day, not sure how long they take to get to the venue what with traffic and all but prob around 15 mins, it's really not far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hi folks,

It seems most of you on here are doing a 3-day camping thing, but myself and the missus are doing just one day - the Sunday... I've a couple of questions for any day-trippers like ourselves:

- On a day-trip, is it possible to bring a bag / rucksack with food / drink into the arena? I'm not talking about a slab of Heineken or anything! - Just a few plastic bottles... is that generally permitted?

- Are we likely to face huge queues getting into the Arena on the day? We're traveling up from Galway that morning, staying near Naas town.... should we try to get in as early as possible, or better off waiting till 2-3pm?

- I assume we should have good water-proof clothes (i.e. not our Sunday best!), even though we're only day-trippers?!

thanks guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

It seems most of you on here are doing a 3-day camping thing, but myself and the missus are doing just one day - the Sunday... I've a couple of questions for any day-trippers like ourselves:

- On a day-trip, is it possible to bring a bag / rucksack with food / drink into the arena? I'm not talking about a slab of Heineken or anything! - Just a few plastic bottles... is that generally permitted?

- Are we likely to face huge queues getting into the Arena on the day? We're traveling up from Galway that morning, staying near Naas town.... should we try to get in as early as possible, or better off waiting till 2-3pm?

- I assume we should have good water-proof clothes (i.e. not our Sunday best!), even though we're only day-trippers?!

thanks guys...

yep, you can bring in your own food and non alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles i think, though they'll take the lids off and keep them.

bring a rain coat and wear wellies, its supposed to be raining sunday, so you'll need them :)

also, the queues are worse later in the day if i remember correctly, i'd advise to go early and make the most of the day inside.

enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

yep, you can bring in your own food and non alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles i think, though they'll take the lids off and keep them.

LOL, I'll have to put a few spare bottle lids in my pocket !

I can only imagine that if they are checking people's belongings that closely we'd be queuing all day ??!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

lol. won't catch any Munster fans saying things like that.

In seriousness -
    Apparantly it's going to p*ss rain on saturday. And i'd say the ground will be very mucky regardless because of the rain of the last few weeks.

lol your hilarious.

You clearly weren't there for 2007. If its anywhere near as bad I'm not going dont particularly like coming back to see my tent and all my belongings flooded and having to spend an hour treking through mud nearly up to your knees because mcd cant be arsed putting down pathways

But im sure your 'hardcore' and can survive it lol rofl wowza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Is this going into the arena that they take the lids?why?!
    Not long to go now, :D:Dgot a 2 litre pouch of wine today......classy:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Hi

To answer the question in bold................BOTH! :)

Yes it will be messy, yes a lot of the campsite toilets will be yucky (arena ones are cleaned regularly and aren't anywhere near as bad usually)....but it is soooo soooo worth it :)
    Me and my friends vary in age from about 24 to 31 years old. We go to OXegen and EP every year.
    There are alot more under 20's at Oxegen, but probably because there is a bigger crowd there in general.
    Personally, I prefer the slightly older crowd at EP, and the atmosphere in general there, but you can't beat the Oxegen line-up this year.

Dooooo it!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=9

Not looking good folks.
    Just an update mostly about the developments for Friday night and Saturday. First, expect a fairly pleasant evening near the west coast as the sun moves around to the western part of the sky that has already cleared, then the clouds begin to diminish overhead. No such luck for the eastern half of the country, in most places, and there remains a bit of drizzle from the low-hanging stratus deck. I would imagine the north-facing sides of some higher hills will be foggy above about 400 metres. Overnight there should be further clearing but it will be slow to reach the east coast, perhaps during the mid-morning hours. Tomorrow should be a pleasant day, unless you happen to be in the one or two spots that retain some low cloud cover. I imagine there will be a fair amount of higher cloud in long streaks making the sky quite interesting, but the sun will shine through all that for most of the time.

Friday, it looks as though the rain is going to move in fairly quickly from about sunrise in Kerry, to mid-day in a line from about Galway to Waterford, to afternoon in Dublin and evening in Ulster. Once it arrives, it may slacken off to a drizzly light rain after a while, because a second wave will form further out into the Atlantic on Friday night, and race in behind to provide a second surge of heavier rain. This second wave will hit after midnight in the southwest and through the morning hours elsewhere, and it could become quite squally and thundery in places. Total rainfalls in the two-stage event may reach 30 mms in places. There is even the risk of locally severe storms developing, as a cold front slices into the warm, humid air. Temperatures may not soar very high near the surface but it will be quite warm (relatively speaking) at higher elevations in the atmosphere. From the present guidance, the most likely place for any severe weather would be something like north Cork county to Laois to Dublin. So this will be an interesting situation, especially with it being a Saturday and no doubt a lot of events planned outdoors. Sunday still looks to be the much better of the two days of the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if a thread starts up about the weekend weather and you will find additional insights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Might be a stupid question, but why would they be taking the lids off your plastic bottles??:confused:

because full bottles with lids on them can be thrown and really hurt someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

would it be a good idea to bring contacts lens or glasses to oxegen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement