Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

What's the deal with going down on thursday with a 3 day ticket? Is it possible to upgrade your ticket there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ummagumma

Anyone know what being on the guest list gets you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

What food is anyone bringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

What's the deal with going down on thursday with a 3 day ticket? Is it possible to upgrade your ticket there?

I think you can upgrade it for €20 at the box office.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

gonker wrote: »
    What food is anyone bringing?

I always find cereal is good at festivals. Just dig your hand in, yum!

• Advertisement

atgate wrote: »
    I think you can upgrade it for €20 at the box office.

Is this at the entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Is this at the entrance?

There's a box office at each entrance .

Alright cool, thanks dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Nass is a small enough town really Kavanaghs is a five min walk (max) up the main street it will be no bother to ya!!
    As far as I know the shuttle buses are running all day, not sure how long they take to get to the venue what with traffic and all but prob around 15 mins, it's really not far.

Ah right, but could someone show me maybe on like google maps link where you go from where you get dropped off at The Gem in popular sqaure, Naas, to where the shuttle buses in naas are? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

Driving from Longford direction.....am I better to go the whole way to m50 and follow oxegens official directions or go off the m4 earlier.........confused.com :confused: Haven't got a parking pass yet either - we're in blue campsite apparently!

Leaving at about lunch-time on Friday :eek: Not looking forward to the drive, but cannot wait to be there, tent pitched and ready to rock 'n' roll :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Ah right, but could someone show me maybe on like google maps link where you go from where you get dropped off at The Gem in popular sqaure, Naas, to where the shuttle buses in naas are? Thanks.

Shuttle buses went from the gem(aka poplar square) last year afaik. Naas is pretty much a one street town anyway, if the buses are going from kavanaghs just walk up hill on mainstreet from the gem and you'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Not really looking forward to the weekend now ive heard the weather. Hope it dries up for kol on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

ummagumma wrote: »
    Anyone know what being on the guest list gets you?

Depends what you're on the guest list for. It could be anything from just getting in, to getting a VIP ticket, to having backstage access if you're with a band.

Hey guys,

Looking for some information regarding upgrading my ticket tommorow.

1) What's the exact cost of upgrading a 3 day ticket to a 4 day at the entrance?

2) Is there a time the ticketmaster booth will close at on thursday as I think I'm heading in late thursday.

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Just saw the weather for the weekend.

Rain to start about 1pm friday and basically continue falling right through to Suunday morning.

Be Prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

OK, I'm about to ask a question that has already been asked but just want to make sure I don't end up wasting my money.

I'm heading down for the day on Sunday (first time going) and am pretty picky about what I drink (unfortunately, wish I was one of those people who could drink anything!). I've heard that there's basically only Bacardi and Heineken available in there and possibly the odd Bacardi Breezer at around 10 yoyos a pop. I was planning on sneaking drink in so am wondering what the best way is. People have said that you can bring in plastic bottles without lids - would this go as far as a 2l bottle of (vodka and) sprite or is that pushing it? Was also thinking of seeing what I could fit inside the wellies, security are hardly likely to check there are they? And how thorough are they going to be on the body search? Lad in work gave me the bright idea of getting these camping pouch things that you can fill with drink (I had originally thought of Bullseye baggies but apparently I'd have to fly Ryainair to get my hands on them!), if I conceal them inside my top or something do ya reckon it'd be safe enough? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

does anybody know if there are buses running from oxegen to dublin or somewhere central like dublin on the sunday mornings?
    i have a saturday ticket and im going to try and stay overnight in the campsite,but i need to get home sunday morning!
    anybody have any idea's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How can you stay in the campsite with a day ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How can you stay in the campsite with a day ticket?

After the last act at night people with day tickets can easily go back to the campsite as the crowds are huge coming back so they cant check everyones wristband!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

does anybody know if there are buses running from oxegen to dublin or somewhere central like dublin on the sunday mornings?
    i have a saturday ticket and im going to try and stay overnight in the campsite,but i need to get home sunday morning!
    anybody have any idea's??

i'm not sure, you could get the free shuttle bus to naas and i'm sure there's buses that go to dublin from there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Jesus there is a lot of babas on this.
    WILL I WEAR GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES:confused:
    JESUS spoonfed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I'm going down tomorrow without a ticket. Can any veterans give a hint to the likelihood of tickets going cheapish outside?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

can we gain admittance with a horse box?

three of us [a couple and me] planning on kipping in it instead of tents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Sorry to add to the questions but I forgot, After you get in isn't there a place where you can get free plastic bottles?

Didn't bother with them last year and I just need one to mix my drink!
    Also I lost my I.D today, I'm 18 look about 20.. Will they say no at the entry to me? Im ****tin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Hah! Legend! I'd say you would probably need a campervan pass for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

SparkieJen wrote: »
    OK, I'm about to ask a question that has already been asked but just want to make sure I don't end up wasting my money.

I'm heading down for the day on Sunday (first time going) and am pretty picky about what I drink (unfortunately, wish I was one of those people who could drink anything!). I've heard that there's basically only Bacardi and Heineken available in there and possibly the odd Bacardi Breezer at around 10 yoyos a pop. I was planning on sneaking drink in so am wondering what the best way is. People have said that you can bring in plastic bottles without lids - would this go as far as a 2l bottle of (vodka and) sprite or is that pushing it? Was also thinking of seeing what I could fit inside the wellies, security are hardly likely to check there are they? And how thorough are they going to be on the body search? Lad in work gave me the bright idea of getting these camping pouch things that you can fill with drink (I had originally thought of Bullseye baggies but apparently I'd have to fly Ryainair to get my hands on them!), if I conceal them inside my top or something do ya reckon it'd be safe enough? Thanks in advance!

I bring drink in from the campsite (always langared when i do it) but all i do is put it in my hood and leave my hood down, they wont check your wellie's either i dont think as its another of my hiding places. On the sunday last year I brought in an open 2l bottle of Lucozade and Suddy and they didn't mind, but thats from the campsite, dunno if the same rules apply going from the outside world. You should just try, if you fail just hop outta the queue for a few mins and down it before ya go in! The queue for the individual days is pretty small.
    TimAy wrote: »
    I'm going down tomorrow without a ticket. Can any veterans give a hint to the likelihood of tickets going cheapish outside?

You should ring EVERYONE in the buy and sell and offer em what you plan on spending on a ticket rateher than running the risk of not getting one outside
    Resi12 wrote: »
    Sorry to add to the questions but I forgot, After you get in isn't there a place where you can get free plastic bottles?

Yeah, its before ya give your ticket in, its a voultary contribution type thing but you'll be using stuff like empty 2L milk bottles and stuff!!! Beggars cant be choosers! Would you not jus stick your drink in plastic bottles before you leave tomorrow...it wont take THAT long!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

that the most random question on this thread! funny!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Woohoo, more day passes for saturday up on ticketmaster :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

I bring drink in from the campsite (always langared when i do it) but all i do is put it in my hood and leave my hood down, they wont check your wellie's either i dont think as its another of my hiding places. On the sunday last year I brought in an open 2l bottle of Lucozade and Suddy and they didn't mind, but thats from the campsite, dunno if the same rules apply going from the outside world. You should just try, if you fail just hop outta the queue for a few mins and down it before ya go in! The queue for the individual days is pretty small.

Thanks. You're the second person to mention the hood thing to me so I'll give that a go and might even give some drink to people I know who are camping though can't guarantee it'll be there when I get down on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

cork*girl wrote: »
    that the most random question on this thread! funny!:pac:

hopefully the horse will be gone out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement