Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

can we gain admittance with a horse box?

three of us [a couple and me] planning on kipping in it instead of tents.

oxegen.ie says NO but that would be for the campervan area and tent.
    But i'm thinking maybe in the car park area you may get away with it.

Slept in a horse lorry before... with 2 horses in it at Millstreet years ago... now that was an interesting experience. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

heading down early friday morning and we're thinking of getting a taxi from Dublin to beat the bus crowds.
    Will the taxi be able to bring us all the way there or will it be stopped at some point?
    Does anyone have any idea what traffic might be like at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

heading down early friday morning and we're thinking of getting a taxi from Dublin to beat the bus crowds.
    Will the taxi be able to bring us all the way there or will it be stopped at some point?
    Twill cost a fortune but I drove down in 07 and came off at the Tallaght exit and drove to Blessington and once ya hit there there's signs all the way, NO traffic and its about the same milage. You'll be coming in from the other side of Punchestown, might save ya a few quid???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

don't waste your money

don't waste your money
    Good advise though!

If you could get your hands on thursday tickets you'd be far better off, you'll get a better spot and there'll be much less traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

it's 35 miles or so i think so should cost around 60 quid. There's 4 of us so it's better value than a bus imo. More comfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Me and a friend get into Dublin at about 12pm on the friday and we are getting the buses from parnell sq. to oxegen. how long should it take us to get there? please say we will make it to see the coronas!!!:)

cork*girl wrote: »
    Me and a friend get into Dublin at about 12pm on the friday and we are getting the buses from parnell sq. to oxegen. how long should it take us to get there? please say we will make it to see the coronas!!!:)
    Will be really tight! You'd have to get there, get in and set up tent by 3...if ya RUN you might!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Will be really tight! You'd have to get there, get in and set up tent by 3...if ya RUN you might!

nah we can just go straight in cuz we are just there for the day so no setting up! i was just wondering about ques for buses and traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

god bless this time tomorrow i will be a mess

• Advertisement

cork*girl wrote: »
    nah we can just go straight in cuz we are just there for the day so no setting up! i was just wondering about ques for buses and traffic?

Ah if you get on the bus at 12 you'll be grand I reckon!!! Absolutely cant wait to see the Corona's! I was too drunk last year and only made their last song...which was my fave song "The Talk". So I aint missin em this year!
    god bless this time tomorrow i will be a mess

Been texting all my friends saying exactly the same thing. Bloody dying for it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

This evening ended up in pub-debauchery rather than packing sensibly. I've to be on the 08:30 bus to Dublin to meet my mate and get other bits and pieces sorted. This is not going to end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TAGG

Looking at the Dublin Bus Website, they say that buses directly after the event....does anyone know if any dublin buses or shuttle buses back to Goffs Park & Ride will be leaving earlier?

We're going for the day on Friday, but need to head off after Snow Patrol, and I'm worried we might have to wait until the end of the Blur set to get off the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Jaysus lads, my bus leaves in 9 hours =D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone going down to kildare tomorrow, have a great old wknd. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

going to bed now be in oxegen for 1 see you all there,good night and good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mick_Grif wrote: »
    would it be a good idea to bring contacts lens or glasses to oxegen?

Depends, I'd say you'd be ok to wear glasses aslong as you have a case for them and don't plan on moshing. For Slane this year I wore my glasses until I went into the pit and threw them into my bag in a case, I was moshing so I kinda had no choice to take them off.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    What time does Dublin bus start running busses at on Friday? is it 10am or 12?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Oxegen-at-Punchestown-/

[quote=[Deleted User];61060697]Any one working at the gig? If so what yous doing?[/QUOTE]

You're not are you!? I done it last year as "security/crowd control" on the outskirts of the event as the professional security are at the actual gigs, over 12 hour shifts, was tough going. If you are working at it bring a foldable chair.;)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TAGG wrote: »
    Looking at the Dublin Bus Website, they say that buses directly after the event....does anyone know if any dublin buses or shuttle buses back to Goffs Park & Ride will be leaving earlier?

The buses go once they're full, so it really depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

What's the deal with going down on thursday with a 3 day ticket? Is it possible to upgrade your ticket there?

oh crap i'm in the same boat, just read in the herald oxegen festival guide: please note you need a four day camping ticket or a thursday upgrade to camp on thursday night. UPGRADES WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 10PM TUESDAY JULY 7TH from usual ticketmaster outlets. Please do not arrive on site without the appropriate ticket as you will not be allowed in.

Damnit, anyone know a number for the ticket office at the oxegen site so I can ring 2mo and see if they're selling Thursday upgrades? I'd hate to go all the way down to be turned away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah the buses will leave at all times once they are full so you might be alright leaving after Snow Patrol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

SparkieJen wrote: »
    OK, I'm about to ask a question that has already been asked but just want to make sure I don't end up wasting my money.

I'm heading down for the day on Sunday (first time going) and am pretty picky about what I drink (unfortunately, wish I was one of those people who could drink anything!). I've heard that there's basically only Bacardi and Heineken available in there and possibly the odd Bacardi Breezer at around 10 yoyos a pop. I was planning on sneaking drink in so am wondering what the best way is. People have said that you can bring in plastic bottles without lids - would this go as far as a 2l bottle of (vodka and) sprite or is that pushing it? Was also thinking of seeing what I could fit inside the wellies, security are hardly likely to check there are they? And how thorough are they going to be on the body search? Lad in work gave me the bright idea of getting these camping pouch things that you can fill with drink (I had originally thought of Bullseye baggies but apparently I'd have to fly Ryainair to get my hands on them!), if I conceal them inside my top or something do ya reckon it'd be safe enough? Thanks in advance!

Last year I had a day ticket for Sunday, and managed to get 4 cans of Kopparberg, a naggin of Malibu in a rock shandy, and some southern comfort. They check your bags thoroughly so you gotta be really sneaky! What I did was i had the southern comfort between my legs (i was wearing a skirt and had to waddle) stuck the rock shandy down the back of my skirt in my knickers, and the cans i stuck in my wellies inside my bag. The woman actually asked could she check inside my wellies....I said 'ehhhh, ok?' and as luck would have it she only checked one and i got away with it! There are plenty of ways to smuggle stuff in, my advice would be to separate your booze into a few bottles and put them in different places.
    ALSO...the sneaky fecks are waiting for you after the checkpoint in plain-clothes, so when you victoriously pull out your naggin from your gee they will pluck it off you. So be REALLY careful and only pull out the booze when you're safely away from the entrance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Here Edible, I only upgraded my ticket this afternoon so I'll have to call balls to that. They've a ticketmaster booth at the entrance AFAIK, where you can upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have to get the 6:50 bus. Just finished a 12 hour shift. I can't see myself lasting the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Not going, but I reccomend people who are check out:

Ladyhawke
    Little Boots(Hurr durr. I'm picturing a VERY full one...)
    Crystal Castles (as with LB)
    Telepathe (Fantastic band worth your time, Brooklyn always delivers)
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    MSTRKRFT (Seen live, good stuff)
    Digitalism
    Heathers
    Blood Or Whiskey
    Tiga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Kersmash wrote: »
    Here Edible, I only upgraded my ticket this afternoon so I'll have to call balls to that. They've a ticketmaster booth at the entrance AFAIK, where you can upgrade.

they did last year , i think it was 20 euro or maybe 25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

im off now to get the bus , see ye up there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Have a great weekend use lucky hoors!

About 9 hours till I get there...this is gonna be GREAT! Someone keep me a good spot in the blue!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 netbob

Hey!

is anyone looking to get a minibus from celbridge to Oxegen and back again on saturday? we are trying to get numbers to book one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭afex

stonemtion are playin in the imro tent 2.30pm fri, i saw these guys in vicar st a few weeks ago and they sound like the could be the next big thing...can hear them at www.stonemotion.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement