Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

Stuck in work, won't be there til the morning!

All you folks heading down this morning, save yourself for the real thing - don't waste it all on the tribute bands tonight :D

Enjoy everyone, and if anyone is staying in the Green campsite you are more than welcome to pop over to my circus type tent (bellepad) to say hello :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Hey folks,

My band, Susie Soho are playing the IMRO New Sound Stage on Sunday at 2pm.
    Be good to see some boardsies there!

www.susiesoho.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

fitz wrote: »
    Hey folks,

My band, Susie Soho are playing the IMRO New Sound Stage on Sunday at 2pm.
    Be good to see some boardsies there!

www.susiesoho.com

Cool beans man. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

Last year I had a day ticket for Sunday, and managed to get 4 cans of Kopparberg, a naggin of Malibu in a rock shandy, and some southern comfort. They check your bags thoroughly so you gotta be really sneaky! What I did was i had the southern comfort between my legs (i was wearing a skirt and had to waddle) stuck the rock shandy down the back of my skirt in my knickers, and the cans i stuck in my wellies inside my bag. The woman actually asked could she check inside my wellies....I said 'ehhhh, ok?' and as luck would have it she only checked one and i got away with it! There are plenty of ways to smuggle stuff in, my advice would be to separate your booze into a few bottles and put them in different places.
    ALSO...the sneaky fecks are waiting for you after the checkpoint in plain-clothes, so when you victoriously pull out your naggin from your gee they will pluck it off you. So be REALLY careful and only pull out the booze when you're safely away from the entrance!!

Haha love your wording! Totally correct too, I've seen it happen people and to see thier faces fall is pretty hilarious!! :eek: Sneaky fckrs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LorraineKildare

can you buy cigarettes inside??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

can you buy cigarettes inside??
    Yep! Johnny Blue and Johnny lights, and maybe Marlboro!

johnny blue all the way!! love it. same price ye??:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Cant wait!!! Crap weather aside....this is going to be a GREAT year.:D:D:cool:

today and tomorrows weather will be grand

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You're not are you!? I done it last year as "security/crowd control" on the outskirts of the event as the professional security are at the actual gigs, over 12 hour shifts, was tough going. If you are working at it bring a foldable chair.;)

Working that last year is one of the reasons I will never go back to Oxegen, unless like, Led Zeppelin play of something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Arragh I so can't wait!! Not going up til 2moro though, hope blue won't be too full!

Passion Pit, Florence and the machine and Carolinas liar here I come!! :D

If anyone hears some eejit shouting "F*ckin Nuuuuuurem" in the campsite over and over that will be me..... sorry in advance :P

Hope you all have a great weekend! Commiserations to those who can't go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

well wats d craic people!!just decided to go to oxegen 2day!theres only 3 of us going is this to small a group to have craic??iv gone d last 3 years with about 15 people but worried 3 people will be no craic!!

any toughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gingy Fly

pk88 wrote: »
    well wats d craic people!!just decided to go to oxegen 2day!theres only 3 of us going is this to small a group to have craic??iv gone d last 3 years with about 15 people but worried 3 people will be no craic!!

any toughts?

Silly question man, make your own craic, thats what it's all about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Is there a seperate wrist band for each camp site.

Some of my mates got VIP and arer camping in the green area. I just got a normal camping ticket.

will i be able to bunk in there tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

eoinf wrote: »

Some of my mates got VIP and arer camping in the green area. I just got a normal camping ticket.

They can camp in red or blue or the vip green camp but you wont get into the vip section green camp

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Not a chance man. Workin up here at the min on traffic. Each wrist band for each campsite is different.

Well actually, to be honest if your a gud enough bull****ter you could get away with it. Just be persistant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Gingy Fly wrote: »
    Silly question man, make your own craic, thats what it's all about

3 people seems more than enough to me let alone 15. I like to go for high impact festival, meaning I like to cram in as many bands as I possibly can. Having to wait around or follow along with 14 other people would do my head in. I'm quite happy to go around on my own or with one other person during the day and meet everyone else at camp later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

pk88 wrote: »

any toughts?

Does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stealthy

Hi

does anyone know of any buses that may run daily from Newbridge town, or would it be best just to get a taxi over to the Park and ride shuttle buses.

I know there is the park and ride at Goffs Junction 8 off M7 but is there another 1 on the south side of naas at Junction 10 maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone care to guess at what time the last gig will end at on the Sat? Have a one day pass and am booking taxis.

How does one am sound?

Also i'm sure this has been asked before but can you bring drink in with you to the main area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Not a chance man. Workin up here at the min on traffic. Each wrist band for each campsite is different.

Well actually, to be honest if your a gud enough bull****ter you could get away with it. Just be persistant

i dont want to get into the VIP i just want to kip in the green site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Scien wrote: »
    Also, the Timetable again to print off for those who don't want to pay €200 million euro for the dangly ones that go around your neck.

They'll probably run out of these before the end of the first day anyway like in previous years. And if you do have one, everybody will keep asking you for stage times.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

The Green site is the VIP section if I remember right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Off to Oxegen I go!

If you havnt seen "The Chapters" before make sure you check them out on Sunday at 9pm. Best Irish band around imo

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flossy Flossy

Does anyone know if there are many tickets left. I have limited funds and trying to source a cheap tickets but I don't want to get my hopes up if there is none about...

: (

Ps its all about the baby wipes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

i dont want to get into the VIP i just want to kip in the green site

Green/Family/VIP campsite is the same plot. You won't get in without the proper wristband. I was on security there last year, and we had to check wristbands very carefully. Even if you manage to sneak in, there's a chance when you leave you won't get back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Hi guys, just won oxegen VIP tickets and would love if anyone could shed light on what I should expect? Also do I need to buy a car park ticket? Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

will there be anyone selling tickets outside the event!!????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Hey does anyone know if I need to buy a car park ticket if I've got a VIP ticket?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement