Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flossy Flossy

Hey, does anyone know if you can pay for camping down there? I might have a ticket but it would be without camping !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not sure about the car park, but you get to camp in a much smaller, quieter site. I think any bands who want to camp pitch in there too. It has nice toilets, strict security when it comes to wristbands. There were some nice food places IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Do you have to pay 8 euro for your 1st pint or can you just pay 5 euro:confused:

celticwe wrote: »
    Do you have to pay 8 euro for your 1st pint or can you just pay 5 euro:confused:

€8 unless you manage to find someone elses cup on the ground!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

[quote=[Deleted User];61060697]Any one working at the gig? If so what yous doing?[/QUOTE]

rimming tinkers!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Flossy Flossy

I worked on the bars last year and had people coming up with a few hundred euros worth of cups. If you spent an hour or two its very possible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fallen angel 20

hey i have a 3 day camping ticket but cant go down till saturday morning... is this ok or do i have to go friday???
    please help totally confused

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WanderlustQueen View Post
    Last year I had a day ticket for Sunday, and managed to get 4 cans of Kopparberg, a naggin of Malibu in a rock shandy, and some southern comfort. They check your bags thoroughly so you gotta be really sneaky! What I did was i had the southern comfort between my legs (i was wearing a skirt and had to waddle) stuck the rock shandy down the back of my skirt in my knickers, and the cans i stuck in my wellies inside my bag. The woman actually asked could she check inside my wellies....I said 'ehhhh, ok?' and as luck would have it she only checked one and i got away with it! There are plenty of ways to smuggle stuff in, my advice would be to separate your booze into a few bottles and put them in different places.
    ALSO...the sneaky fecks are waiting for you after the checkpoint in plain-clothes, so when you victoriously pull out your naggin from your gee they will pluck it off you. So be REALLY careful and only pull out the booze when you're safely away from the entrance!! :Quote
    Haha love your wording! Totally correct too, I've seen it happen people and to see thier faces fall is pretty hilarious!! Sneaky fckrs!!

Cheers for the heads up! I'd be raging if I got through the first lot and then got my drink taken from me 5 minutes later! I invested in one of those drink pouches anyway, it's a 3litre one which might be hard to hide but am sure me and my mate can manage to drink some of it on the way there! I'll be wearing leggings and a long top so do you reckon between the legs inside the leggings would be a good enough place (assuming the weight of it doesn't pull my leggings down...) or will the security get nice and close on the leg frisk??!

Also, (and this could be a REALLY stupid question!) I got the bus tickets earlier and they say 'valid for one return journey only - punchestown racecourse - thur 9th - sun 13th Jul 09'. So I assume that's fine to use going down and coming back on the Sunday? I'm pretty sure it is but I like to have these things confirmed and didn't want to ask your man in Ticketmaster earlier cos the queue in Stephens Green was a bit mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

just got up here about 10 mins ago very bad but had to go from south tipp at about 6.30 to kilkenny then to oxegen pain in the ass but what can you do any why will fill yous all in every night as long ass my iphone does not die but have one off the looker as well now must go put up the tent so have the gf after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Sunday night NIN!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

hey i have a 3 day camping ticket but cant go down till saturday morning... is this ok or do i have to go friday???
    please help totally confused

not at all. I did that before. Was fine to go on the Saturday but you might get a lousy tent space. Who knows. Have a great time.

got here at 10 have the tent up very good spot in the blue and now going to sleep because there is going to be a long day

balls. I'm drunk (p*ssed actukly). Haven't packed. have to be at a fueral at 10 in the morning and heading straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

For those going in, if the rest of us could ask a favour:
    If you've got a bad, dangerous, or example of a major failure by the organisers this year, please take a pic if you've got your phone with you. After MCD's recent "issues", evidence is needed if something goes wrong this year.

For those going in, if the rest of us could ask a favour:
    If you've got a bad, dangerous, or example of a major failure by the organisers this year, please take a pic if you've got your phone with you. After MCD's recent "issues", evidence is needed if something goes wrong this year.

oh the negativity!

balls. I'm drunk (p*ssed actukly). Haven't packed. have to be at a fueral at 10 in the morning and heading straight down.
    any why i hope you get there safe and sound

Scien wrote: »
    Also anyone heading there on a day ticket tomorrow with an iPhone, an update as to the thoroughness of the searches going in would be very much appreciated.
    Gonna try 3/4 cans strapped to me aswell... because i'm a pauper. :D

why iPhone? maybe I don't understand cos I dont have one. can't anyone tet you and tell you whats the story?

oh, and I find the bestest way of smuggling int eh booze is in incy wincy vokda bottles which can easily be hidden and then thrown into a bottle of 7up or the likes.

cleary beer wouldn't be much use in a 25cl botlle os would have to be spirits!

camero wrote: »
    any why i hope you get there safe and sound

aw thanks! I just hope I don't forget somehting reeeally important.

I usually have my bag packed like DAYS ago.

aw thanks! I just hope I don't forget somehting reeeally important.

I usually have my bag packed like DAYS ago.
    dont forget the tent

• Advertisement

dont forget the tent

ha! well now thats the one thing I dnt need cos I've got mine sitting there awaiting my arrivla! I'm more concerned with hand sanitiser and aqua drops tbh!

Oooh they're showing in on the news! the excitements!

thought you were going to bed?!!!!

ha! well now thats the one thing I dnt need cos I've got mine sitting there awaiting my arrivla! I'm more concerned with hand sanitiser and aqua drops tbh!

Oooh they're showing in on the news! the excitements!

thought you were going to bed?!!!!
    nope the gf is off geting drink gone for the last 40 mins she says there is still 50 in front of her

nope the gf is off geting drink gone for the last 40 mins she says there is still 50 in front of her

well I'm just gonna pop to the fridge for a top up haha!

Oh I really am not sure if I'm able for this any more, I'm getting waay too old! it'll be all worth it in the end - or at least that's what I keep telling myself!!

i hope she comes back with a good bit but i am not sure how far 20 euro will get you

i hope she comes back with a good bit but i am not sure how far 20 euro will get you

2 pints and €4 change!

2 pints and €4 change!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: holy **** i only have 250 on me for the weakend so ****

she is on the way back so got to go will fill yous in the next few days of what its like here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

argh I've nothin done and i's nearly 12 bells, long day tomorrow, hope I pack enuff and d right stuff now - haven't planned dis at all like other times.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

We'll have a big tent wit us tomor - won't be there 'til 4pm - will we still find a decent spot for tent??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I plan to head down on Sunday without a ticket, if a mate who is already in there with another mate comes out with his and the other mates wristband and gives me the spare one and I hand it back to my mate when I get in, will I be ok for the rest of the day - going around without a wristband - once in?

Also if I fill up a bottle of volvic water with vodka, will they open it and smell it? when trying to get in? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus, 250€ for the weekend?

Do you mean bad or good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement