Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Can anyone shed light on whether you need to have a parking pass if you have VIP tickets? I havent got a parking pass and I'm leaving at 4pm tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

X-Calibre wrote: »
    Can anyone shed light on whether you need to have a parking pass if you have VIP tickets? I havent got a parking pass and I'm leaving at 4pm tomorrow..

I would suspect that you need a parking pass (it might be difficult explaining to the garda on traffic management that you have a VIP pass). But you're probably better off parking at goffs and avail of the free park & ride.

Just an opinion, not at all based on facts. Maybe call Ticketmaster...

If you do try it out - head for the blue carpark as it's nearer the green campsite (VIP). There's not VIP carpark on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

camero wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: holy **** i only have 250 on me for the weakend so ****

she is on the way back so got to go will fill yous in the next few days of what its like here

You pay €3 for your cup which you hold onto for the festival so 6quid for the cups and 5 quid for the pints. Standard fare unfortunately for Irelands festivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Handy few quid to be made on Monday with those cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ferdi wrote: »
    will there be anyone selling tickets outside the event!!????????

Don't buy them off the touts outside as half of them are fake and the stewards won't say anything they are.;) Buy them at the ticketmaster office.;)

amacachi wrote: »
    Handy few quid to be made on Monday with those cups.

Or any day, my mate went around the Saturday last year and collected up the guts of €100.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Or any day, my mate went around the Saturday last year and collected up the guts of €100.:eek:

One lad from town here got €99 on the Monday morning and plenty of others got €30+. Wish I'd've stayed after RATM to do it. :pac: Actually no, getting home was better.

Quick tip for anyone at Oxegen right now, if you travelled light it might be a good idea to leave straight after the last act you want to see on the Sunday, I did it last year, best idea I had had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Hello from Oxegen! I am working here now, on break freezing my bollix off in an office! Good fun though, Only problem is there is No Sleep til Brooklyn. 8 am is when I am getting to bed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

LFC5Times wrote: »
    I plan to head down on Sunday without a ticket, if a mate who is already in there with another mate comes out with his and the other mates wristband and gives me the spare one and I hand it back to my mate when I get in, will I be ok for the rest of the day - going around without a wristband - once in?

Also if I fill up a bottle of volvic water with vodka, will they open it and smell it? when trying to get in? Thanks

he'd want to have the wristband on loose to slip on and off cos usually the only way to get those off is to rip them... if you do manage it you definately wont stand out without one, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

why iPhone? maybe I don't understand cos I dont have one. can't anyone tet you and tell you whats the story?
    Cause people with iPhones cant just say they have a phone. It has to be iPhone for some reason :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I have one of those Electric Picnic plastic cups from last year, will they fill that up if I bring it down or do I have to 'rent' the Oxegen one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

can I really make money from collecting cups? awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Scien wrote: »
    People with iPhones can update this thread! :)

I dont understand? :confused:

No point mate.
    A. You cant bring in any drink whether its in plastic bottles or not.
    B. Even if they didn't smell it and thought it was water, they'd take the cap off so you'd either have to drink 500ml of vodka fairly fast or just dump it out of the annoyance of having to carry it around.
    This is where you bring spare lids from home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

So what's the best way to bring drink in? Can you by vodka inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I'm on the bus there now posting from the iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

so im packing now for 2moro and its supposed to be wet all day.
    im wondering whether or not to wear wellingtons? is there great need for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

yes there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

ok...
    thats great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Heavy rain in punchestown currently! Hope all the oxegen goers remebered their jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Good luck to them, looks like its gona lash all weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 theriverking

hi, im goin down with a group 2moro for the day. we are getting a taxi/bus down. I think it would be quicker to get off in naas and use the free bus service, should we get off at goff's or Kavanaghs pub? On the website it says the park and ride is at goffs and the shuttle service is at kavanaghs???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I've just read that the Oxegen car parks are full and that people are being made use the park and rides... I'm going down for the Sunday only and have a Blue carpark ticket, and I'm damned if I'm gonna use the park and ride! Anyone know anything about this? Maybe it won't be so bad on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If you find out when you get there that the car park you've been sold a ticket to is full, be sure to get the details. The more evidence you have when complaining to MCD, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Eh, I just think that if someone sells you a car park pass, and you can't get in because they've filled up the car park, then you should be able to get your money back. Getting money back from MCD isn't easy though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just back from day 1 and i have to say i have somegreat news.

Zero complaints from an organisational point of view. Traffic was non existent when we left naas today. I chose to park in Naas and get the free shuttle bus, from main street. Driving into Naas though there was no traffic and the park n ride buses from Goff's were flying in.

When we got there, lots of stewards making sure everyone knew which way to go. All very friendly and competent. Tickets checked and scanned. Bags half checked but no better or worse than any other festival i've been too.

Security in the arena was consistent and there was a large presence of stewards just out randomly walking around, generally helping people.

And while i did leave early i can't forsee there being that much of a traffic back log tonight or over the weekend. Sure at peak times there will be heavy volume but it will be cleared quickly.

Music wise:

Started off the day with Jape, then Lily, bit of Duke special (same old same old with a great Woody Guthrie/Wilco BB cover), then Iain Archer (great set, more people should have been there), David Kitt (awesome show and again more people needed to be there) a bit of Pendulum (not my thing but at times they were super) and a little bit of Blur to finish up with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Scien wrote: »
    Dude, relax with your 'evidence gathering'. The weekend has barely started....:rolleyes:

Anyone know whats the story with Goff's?
    I've a mate coming up in the morning and i've to meet him to get me Wellies. He said 2fm said Car Parks were closed and everyones being directed to Goffs?
    What and where is Goffs?

Goffs is a bloodstock auctioneers - i.e., they sell horses - off just N7 J8, about 2-3 miles from Naas. There is a park and ride service here (make sure your car is up for driving on grass and muck though) to Oxegen, should take about 10-20 minutes to/from Punchestown depending on the traffic.

First day was excellently run I must say - easiest festival to get into or out of in Ireland I have ever been at. That may have been due to my "day-tripper" status and people arriving yesterday/leaving Sunday might have a wholly different experience though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

how were blur!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement