Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

My mate laughed at me yesterday when i told him to bring wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

cashback wrote: »
    I was there in 07 and it was bad but there's been so much rain today, I'd imagine it's worse.

I was thinking the same thing. I remember the Green tent was in an especially bad shape that year.

I'm heading tomorrow, I hear the rain will be cleared up by the afternoon but I'll be going in wellies regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

I was thinking the same thing. I remember the Green tent was in an especially bad shape that year.

I'm heading tomorrow, I hear the rain will be cleared up by the afternoon but I'll be going in wellies regardless.
    heading down for the day tomorrow as well, wellies are ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I was there in 07 and it was bad but there's been so much rain today, I'd imagine it's worse.

I can't see how €100 for a day ticket is good value. I would have probably gone for the day today if tickets were €65-80.
    Aye, sure last year all it took was a bit of dew overnight for the paths to get churned up.

Different strokes and all that, if there's 2 or more bands playing on one day that ya like then it's value compared to some other gigs, and some people don't like subjecting themselves to camping. :)
    Stokes wrote: »
    My mate laughed at me yesterday when i told him to bring wellies!

He's an idiot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

There's about 11 bands I want to see tomorrow and they're nearly ALL clashing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Daughter just rang again rain has stopped but the pathways are so slippy people have fallen and broken legs and ankles. She is sitting in an 8 man tent with 14 friends listening to music and having a laugh. She hasnt seen any bands today but sounds happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

she hasnt seen ANY bands? the mud does be bad but its manageable, as in i wouldnt be missing bands because of it.kings of leon in an hour, tell her to get outta that tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I did:D I think they are heading now. My other (younger) daughter thinks she is mad she said she would be in the middle of it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was there too and it was atrocious! Feel sorry for those folks down there now :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Just waitin on Nick Cave to start. It ain't a patch on 07 in the muddiness stakes. It'd need another day of rain to get to that stage I'd say...

• Advertisement

fitz wrote: »
    Just waitin on Nick Cave to start. It ain't a patch on 07 in the muddiness stakes. It'd need another day of rain to get to that stage I'd say...

After tonight with 60k+ people walking around with dew falling it might be as bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

I guess we'll see how mucky everyone is in the mornin! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Before we settlers on dry ground turn into our warm beds,have a thought and a prayer for the intrepid Punchestown pilgrims this dreary wet night

Before we settlers on dry ground turn into our warm beds,have a thought and a prayer for the intrepid Punchestown pilgrims this dreary wet night

I'm just lovin it tbh, I'm here with a can of coke and abag of mini-chips, watching the NASCAR with UFC to follow. Plus the F1 is on this weekend. I can't say I really regret not going this year. :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So happy I didn't go after the weather today!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

17 arrests and one serious assault already.....sounds like fun....wheres my wallet and 6.50 credit card fee....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's 47 arrests actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0711/breaking17.htm
    Man arrested over Oxegen assault
    STEVEN CARROLL at Oxegen

Gardai are investigating an alleged assault at the Oxygen festival in Punchestown last night.

A man has been arrested and is being held at Naas garda station.

The incident happened at approximately midnight. It is understood that four or five people became involved in an altercation during which a 28 year old man sustained a stab wound to his neck after being struck by a bottle.

He was taken to St James’s Hospital where his condition is described as stable.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0711/oxegen.html
    Oxegen assaulted investigated
    Saturday, 11 July 2009 22:32
    Gardaí are investigating an alleged assault on a man in his 20s at the Oxegen music festival in Naas.

The incident happened at around midnight in a car park outside the venue.

The man was brought to Naas General Hospital and transferred to St James's Hospital in Dublin where his condition is said to be stable.

AdvertisementA man in his 20s twenties, who was arrested in connection with the alleged assault has been released without charge.

A file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Anyone with information has been asked to contact Naas Garda station on 045 88 4 300.

Some 80,000 people are attending the music festival.

There have been 77 arrests since Thursday afternoon for offences including public order, road traffic and offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Scien wrote: »
    For those going tomorrow worrying about bringing in Drink.... Don't.
    I could have had bottles of poitin in the bag. Security just asked me "Any drink?" - "No" - "Work away so".
    No frisk, didn't even open my bag.

They'll probably do random searches. Like maybe every 3rd or 4th person they'll search their bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 DeStijl

Just back, showered and fed:D

Got down in time for the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. Saw Elbow who were brilliant. Then some Pet Shop Boys followed by the excellent (and very sexy:p) Nick Cave

Good day. The place was a mud bath but a pair of hiking boots and a rain jacket did the trick. Next time I'm buying rain bottoms too.

Used the Park & Ride at Goffs. Bit of a q for the bus back but well supervised and good humored (unlike AC/DC)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Does anyone know how close The Osprey Hotel in Naas is to Punchestown? I have to pick something up there tomorrow before heading to Oxegen.

Cheers
    10 min drive or 10 mins walk to shuttle bus on main st.. Osprey is just a little out the newbridge road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

kmart6 wrote: »
    It's 47 arrests actually!
    77 arrests as of last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Got a text off a girl I know who is down at it, she is coming home now today as a pose to tonight

Said the place is a mess and up to her knees in mud.

Was planning on heading down myself today with a few others, not too sure now haha.

Are the car-parks still full if we drove down to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Bluetonic wrote: »
    77 arrests as of last night.

up to "over 90" now according to aertel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Got back last night. Does anybody know why GAME pulled out and what went wrong at the end of Tinchy Stryder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ocuf

Anyone see eclectic method on the xbox live stage last night? Good??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Currently sitting on a stool outside my tent. Weather was insane last night, wind and mud were unbelievable! Pete doherty and nick cave amazing, crystal castles great too. Everything is running smoothly in the red camp anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

up to "over 90" now according to aertel

Not really that many when you consider the amount of people and the nature of the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I blagged my way into the VIP tent where The Saturdays gave a mini performance! They are hot, hot , HOT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement