Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

lel wrote: »
    is anyone else in the same boat? :(

They should be posting them in the next 2 weeks. If you ring ticketmaster they'll tell you exactly when it's been or going to be posted.

Weepsie wrote: »
    has anyonr got any idea where you get the thursday passes. According to the oxegen site, those who have 3 day tickets can get an extra thursday pass for just 20 quid making it same price. ive got 2 3 day tickets and want to go the extra day. they ain't on ticketmaster's site

You can pay on the thursday at the ticketmaster box office outside the main entrance.

xcarriex wrote: »
    Thats so lame!! seen as though i found it out i am entitled to get first parking ticket haha,

Also do they like put the reg on or anything, cause we have a roster in motion, i dont mind driving up and then back home on saturday/sunday so long as i aint driving Monday!

Arrive Alive People!:D

No, once you display the parking pass you can drive in and out freely all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

jape wrote: »
    How do you know they clash?

Well 2 Many DJs are headlining the Heineken Green stage or whatever it's called, and Deadmau5 is headlining the dance arena, so it's looking very likely that they'll be clashing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You can pay on the thursday at the ticketmaster box office outside the main entrance.

dare i take your word for it. i did ask, you replied (more than ive got from mcd/ticketmaster) so i must. i hope i dont turn up and they send me a packing.

oh and if elbow and doves are clashing, you must watch elbow. a far better band, even if doves are good.

lel wrote: »
    is anyone else in the same boat? :(

Yes!

If you log onto the ticketmaster website and go into account history (or somewhere like that) It will tell you if they've been dispatched. I presume they do them in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Weepsie wrote: »
    dare i take your word for it. i did ask, you replied (more than ive got from mcd/ticketmaster) so i must. i hope i dont turn up and they send me a packing.

From the Oxegen website:
    I have bought a three day camping ticket but now wish to camp on Thursday as well. Can I get a Thursday only ticket?

If you have purchased a three day camping ticket (Fri-Sun) but now wish to camp on Thursday as well then you can bring your three day ticket to any Ticketmaster outlet and purchase a Thursday camping pass for €20. You will be required to bring both tickets to the festival to gain entry on Thursday. You must have a 3 day camping pass to purchase a Thursday only ticket.
    It doesn't say anything about a being able to pay once you're there, though I wouldn't know this is my first time at Oxegen. I too have a 3-day pass and am looking to camp on thursday, so I'm just going to head to a ticketmaster outlet rather than take a chance.

Also for those who haven't recieved tickets yet the Oxegen site says this:
    When will I get my tickets?

Ticketmaster will send out your tickets about a month before the event. If you haven’t received yours by a week before OXEGEN please contact Ticketmaster Customer Care on 01 6486060.

I have a query relating to my ticket? (deposit scheme, upgrades, exchanges)

MCD is not able to answer ticket related queries, please can you contact Ticketmaster Customer Care.

www.ticketmaster.ie/h/customer_serve.html

Republic of Ireland: 0818 903001

Northern Ireland & UK: 0844 277 9964

International Customers: 00 353 818 903001

Customer Services hours: Mon-Sat - 9:30am to 18:00pm

Kersmash wrote: »
    From the Oxegen website:

It doesn't say anything about a being able to pay once you're there, though I wouldn't know this is my first time at Oxegen.

There's a ticketmaster down there, so you can do the exact same thing on the day. But I guess it's better to get it sorted before you head down just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

There's a ticketmaster down there, so you can do the exact same thing on the day. But I guess it's better to get it sorted before you head down just to be on the safe side.

+1 to this. They'd sell a million thursday passes if they could! :p

Did the OP find accomodation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

It's never been the same since they changed it to Oxegen from Witnness

Those first 2 festivals in '00 and '01 were MAGICAL

:(

IIRC, the only thing they changed was the sponsor. From Guinness, to Heiniken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Perhaps you got older :)

Anybody ever go green?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep, Green essentially = VIP along with the rented tents. It's a lot quieter, better shower facilities, not as many spots to buy food from as the Red or Blue. There's more security, and people cleaning the place all day.

There's plenty of space from one tent to another aswell. There's generally not as many people up all hours drinking, and hardly any people feicing about.

Tbh, I wouldn't camp in the red or blue, but I'm finnicky like that.

^^^^What he said ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

I'm in the Blue site,

As I said earlier This is my first festival so want the full experience. Cheers to whoever posted about checking order info regarding tix as I was starting to get a little worried, but after checking it says mine are yet to be dispatched. 4 Weeks today we head down, woohoo can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i take it that you only stay in the green site if you've rented one of the things on this page?

also did anyone stay in the beach huts? what are they like? not many pics on them on the site.

What the hell? First we're allowed to talk about Oxegen on this and now they have re-opened their forums!!!

Link: http://forums.oxegen.ie/

Have MCD been taking their medication??? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Woo,ticket arrived today:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

what? i figured they were going to leave the tickets till closer...i never got a ticket. i ordered and kept all my info but nothing came in the post. should i be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

aido179 wrote: »
    what? i figured they were going to leave the tickets till closer...i never got a ticket. i ordered and kept all my info but nothing came in the post. should i be worried?

no, its a month away. they send them out in batches. if you ordered through your ticketmaster account then you can check the status by going to your account(my ticketmaster), order details and more order details.
    you should only start to worry if they haven't arrived by a few days before.

i take it that you only stay in the green site if you've rented one of the things on this page?

also did anyone stay in the beach huts? what are they like? not many pics on them on the site.

As far as I know, you can buy tickets for the green campsite too.

I didn't see any beach huts last year tbh, nor a lot of the other bits and bobs that are for hire there. I'd be tempted to go for one this year though - Even just to save trekking in with a tent.

Edit: Just had a look through there - Most of them are sold out, but I think considering the prices they're charging, I'll settle with my own tent. Paying any more than 100 a head is waaaaay too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ad1

I am spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mroche

hi i am not a pimp. I am banned though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 thepostman

Does anyone have any idea of the time acts are on at? LIke the main stage when does music start and what sort of time is would blur finish at for example. Just trying to plan a few things out thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puma89

Does any 1 know the story with the box office collection? Im persuming there is a ticketmaster fairly close to the entrance??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

<snip> talking crap

thepostman wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of the time acts are on at? LIke the main stage when does music start and what sort of time is would blur finish at for example. Just trying to plan a few things out thanks.

Nothing solid yet - The arena opens at half 1, and the gigs usually start from two to three, if you wanted to estimate time slots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

hmmm hadnt really put much thought in to going this year and it was a toss up between friday and saturday for me but with more acts i want to see on saturday technically saturday wins out! even though id *love* to see Blur.. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement