Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

What the hell? First we're allowed to talk about Oxegen on this and now they have re-opened their forums!!!

Link: http://forums.oxegen.ie/

Have MCD been taking their medication??? haha
    They're obviously trying to generate interest in the event as tickets aren't selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pbrennan

Scien wrote: »

I'd prefer if they showed performance times first though.

do they at least have a general listing of times? ive never been before. can anyone give me an overview? i assume headliners go last, but do we have anymore details than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pbrennan

also, how thoroughly do they check your bags? any suggestions on how to sneak in food and alchohol?

pbrennan wrote: »
    do they at least have a general listing of times? ive never been before. can anyone give me an overview? i assume headliners go last, but do we have anymore details than that?

Headliners appear last, they usually come on around midnight if I recall. Bands generally appear in order of billing. MCD release a timetable in the week before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sneak in food? As in, to the arena? I don't think there's any problem with bringing food in. Tbh, I don't think it'w worth trying to sneak booze in to the arena, if they find it, it's chucked out. You can always pop back to the campsite for a beer if you don't fancy paying a fiver a pint.

If you mean sneaking in food and drink to the campsite, there shouldn't be a problem. Unless you want to go over the limit, in which case, you may aswell be opening up a shop.

I can't remember exactly how, but I knew the times last year before I was at the festival. I think a friend working in one of the radio stations on site had a list. Or maybe it was released on the website/paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

Also they have these lil neck band things with all the stages times etc as far as i can rememeber the €10 a pop if u dont wanna fork out, print it off, highlight ur fav acts etc and get it laminated we done this for each tent last year, makes a nice decoration :D

From my experience in recent yrs they are a lil laid back on the bringing drinks into the arena provided the comply with rules etc, i brought drink into the arena no bother last yr,

Ah sure what with the recession n all, who can fork out €5 a pint :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vgoergen

banned

About checking your bag for food etc. If it's the campsite you can bring - within reason I assume - whatever food and drink you please - just no glass bottles.

Getting drink into the arena, buy yourself a kids sippy cup/beaker - you can get them in tesco - and fill with vodka and mixer of choice - they won't take these off you, get the ones with the neck strap for ultimate convenience. They'll let you bring your hang sangwiches into the arena no bother.

Good tip is to always have spare bottle lids in your pockets cos they take these off you too.

Also, on the fiver a pint thing, last year you had to pay a deposit on the beer glass - I think it was €8 for your first beer but as long as you brought your pint glass back you got €3 off the next pint and then at the end of it you could get a refund of the €3 when you were done, the amount of people going around with stacks of those pint glasses hoping to cash them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Question.... i have a weekend camping ticket and Im thinking about getting my gf a ticket for saturday cause its the only day she has off work. Is she able to come into the campsite or can she only stay in the arena?

• Advertisement

pbrennan wrote: »
    also, how thoroughly do they check your bags? any suggestions on how to sneak in food and alchohol?
    Stick your drink down the back of your waistband.
    Tbh, I don't think it'w worth trying to sneak booze in to the arena, if they find it, it's chucked out. You can always pop back to the campsite for a beer if you don't fancy paying a fiver a pint.

I've never seen them take it off anyone. They give it back to you so you end up skulling it there and going in as drunk as twenty tinkers. And it's not always a case of popping back into the site for a beer - last year it was a half-hour walk from my tent to the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    They're obviously trying to generate interest in the event as tickets aren't selling.
    Meh, at least it's a good site. Makes sense anyway, why not generate interest for it, seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

xcarriex wrote: »
    Also they have these lil neck band things with all the stages times etc as far as i can rememeber the €10 a pop if u dont wanna fork out, print it off, highlight ur fav acts etc and get it laminated we done this for each tent last year, makes a nice decoration :D

Nearly sure i seen on the website that there will be bluetooth points around the site that will send you the line ups and site info...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Also, on the fiver a pint thing, last year you had to pay a deposit on the beer glass - I think it was €8 for your first beer but as long as you brought your pint glass back you got €3 off the next pint and then at the end of it you could get a refund of the €3 when you were done, the amount of people going around with stacks of those pint glasses hoping to cash them in!

They were brilliant, 3 glasses = free pint! and then i got a lot of money on the sunday night cashing them in!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Question.... i have a weekend camping ticket and Im thinking about getting my gf a ticket for saturday cause its the only day she has off work. Is she able to come into the campsite or can she only stay in the arena?

No she definately wont be allowed into the campsite on a 1 day ticket. You get a certain colour wristband for weekend camping, people who go for 1 day get another colour. Securite check your colour when entering the campsites. The only time you might get away with it, is after the last band at the end of the night...thousands flood towards the campsite so security are pretty helpless trying to check the wristbands, they just scan everyone who goes past them as fast as they can so she'd more than likely slip past handy enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is anyone staying in the green/VIP campsite this year? I was in it last year, but had to park in the blue carpark. Im trying to get into the green carpark (campervans/families) so I can walk directly to the site. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

antodeco wrote: »
    Is anyone staying in the green/VIP campsite this year? I was in it last year, but had to park in the blue carpark. Im trying to get into the green carpark (campervans/families) so I can walk directly to the site. Anyone have any ideas?

We were in the Green/VIP last year, and had parking for same, but arrived about 6 on the Friday, and ended up in the staff parking because the other one was full :-/

It tends to fill up verrrry fast according to any staff that've been working down there the last few years.
    Pace2008 wrote: »
    I've never seen them take it off anyone. They give it back to you so you end up skulling it there and going in as drunk as twenty tinkers. And it's not always a case of popping back into the site for a beer - last year it was a half-hour walk from my tent to the arena.

Jaysis, ye did a lot better than the folk heading in our entrance (Which was pretty much the main entrance to the event) - They searched nearly everyone and binned everything. A chap I know even had trouble with medication, even though it was in the original packaging and he had his perscription on him.

Last year at the big stonehenge thing some girl was having murder with security she bought those wine pouches and went outside and when she came to be checked they made her chuck it she was arguing that she bought it there, we waltzed past with cans in our bags and into the arena, so it depends i would just go with the flow maybe test the waters and dont bring too much over see whats going on before you go bringing a heap in with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Got my ticket the other day woo hoo!

Cannot wait, best line-up ever....But I'm looking forward to Electric Picnic even more!

Happy days :)

We have a campervan sorted (uncle of mine offered it to me the other day to bring to the festival if we wanted) but the price that touts are looking for Campervan tickets is ridiculous....Guess we be camping out, ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sinhead09

Hey guys,

I am in the Green Campsite but stupidly bought the Red Tickets which having now seen the sitemap is miles from it.... :eek:

Is there any way I can change them or will I just have to try and swap with someone?? have checked ticketmaster and I can buy a blue carpark ticket for €20...might be the easiest route?! Im just a bit confused with the whole Green campsite thing, it used to always be so straightforward :confused:

Cheers... :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sinhead09

Mr.S wrote: »
    You can't buy camping passes to the green site, the only way into it is if your VIP/Working/Have a tent or Hut thing booked there.

If you are one of thoes, then you'll be fine with the ticket you already have.

Edit: oh, are you talking about car park tickets? If its just the car park tickets, bring the red car park ticket to a ticketmaster place and just ask them to swap it for a blue one.

Thanks might try that..booked with Tangerine Fields so will defo have to try and get into blue!!!
    Thanks again x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I cant believe ye got mumford and sons. I'm so jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Howdy..

Im in the red campsite and wondering can i go into the blue campsite for silent disco???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just got my ticket. The envelope it was in smells like ****e!:mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

hey... myself and 2 friends have tickets for sat only...
    we're from mayo.
    just wondering if anyone knows the set up with punchestown...

do you have to get parking ticket in advance?
    if not, is there plenty of spaces?
    whats the parking price like for the day?
    maybe im as well to get bus and is shuttle bus free from city centre...doubt it..if not how much?
    i know gates open at half 1 but when does it actually start?
    when do you think it'd be over?...wonder would it be best to stay over or drive down after concert...probably will be wrecked...

cheers for your help

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hey... myself and 2 friends have tickets for sat only...
    we're from mayo.
    just wondering if anyone knows the set up with punchestown...

do you have to get parking ticket in advance?
    if not, is there plenty of spaces?
    whats the parking price like for the day?
    maybe im as well to get bus and is shuttle bus free from city centre...doubt it..if not how much?
    i know gates open at half 1 but when does it actually start?
    when do you think it'd be over?...wonder would it be best to stay over or drive down after concert...probably will be wrecked...

cheers for your help
    You can get a Park and Ride bus from Newhall and Goffs both in Naas area for free . So just park in either and hop on a bus and visa versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yep you can walk freely between the to campsites.

You can camp anywhere you want aswell, even if you have a red campsite ticket, your allowed camp in the blue and vice versa.

Then why do they sell serperate red and blue tickets? Just to get general numbers of how many people will be staying in each or something?

Dmullar wrote: »
    Then why do they sell serperate red and blue tickets? Just to get general numbers of how many people will be staying in each or something?

you have to park your car in the car park responding to the colour on your ticket. This is to encourage people to camp nearest to the carpark they are parked in thereby spreading the crowd somewhat evenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Whats the cric with Thursday camping tix?
    Can I just pop down to ticketmaster and get one?
    AND are Dublin bus runing a service on the Thursday???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Whats the cric with Thursday camping tix?
    Can I just pop down to ticketmaster and get one?
    AND are Dublin bus runing a service on the Thursday???

Ye I havent a clue what the deal is with getting there..I was assuming that Dublin Bus would be heading down but I dont know..

Did they do free service to the festival if ya had a ticket a few years back? For some reason I can remember a sign saying there was..im probably wrong..

Just after having a look at the map..whats a schuh welly exchange?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement