Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yep you can walk freely between the to campsites.

You can camp anywhere you want aswell, even if you have a red campsite ticket, your allowed camp in the blue and vice versa.

Thanks a lot.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Puma89 wrote: »
    Does any 1 know the story with the box office collection? Im persuming there is a ticketmaster fairly close to the entrance??
    Iirc, the box office is close to the entrance, you cant miss it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep, it's right beside the entrance. You'll see some big signs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

just got a 4day for 170 , roll on the 10th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

awhir wrote: »
    just got a 4day for 170 , roll on the 10th :)

I think out of all my mates that are going to oxegen im the only one who payed full whack for a ticket:(!!! Im a mug.

Good for you though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

Quick timetabling question for anyone that may be able to help me! :D

On the Saturday evening, I'm hoping to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Mars Volta. YYY are fourth last up on the main stage, while MV are third last up on NME - Will these clash substantially do you think? I'd really like to see as much of both as possible... I'm factoring in an approx 20 min walk from stage to stage, would that be accurate?

Any help greatly appreciated :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

On the Saturday evening, I'm hoping to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Mars Volta. YYY are fourth last up on the main stage, while MV are third last up on NME - Will these clash substantially do you think? I'd really like to see as much of both as possible... I'm factoring in an approx 20 min walk from stage to stage, would that be accurate?

I looked up the timetable from last year. On Saturday the fourth act on the Main Stage played at 18:45 while the third act on Stage 2 played at 21:05. So unless the acts get shifted around, you should be able to see both no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FiCork

I'm arriving at Dublin airport around 9.30p.m. on Friday 10th July and would like to head straight to oxegen.
    As far as I know the buses from the city will have stopped by then.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap alternative to get to punchestown asap.
    I don't want to hire a car cos I have a lift back home.
    Would share taxi, I got a quote for €70.

Any help, really appreciated.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Hey everyone, its my first time at oxegen! :D Can ye please answer a question or two? Im very naive about it all :rolleyes: Wat time do the acts start/ finish? This wud assist greatly in planning!! And is it best to pack up ur tent wen leaving it for the day? Hope ye can answer...:cool:

FiCork wrote: »
    I'm arriving at Dublin airport around 9.30p.m. on Friday 10th July and would like to head straight to oxegen.
    As far as I know the buses from the city will have stopped by then.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap alternative to get to punchestown asap.
    I don't want to hire a car cos I have a lift back home.
    Would share taxi, I got a quote for €70.

Any help, really appreciated.
    Thank you

Hey FiCork.

It's a pity you only get in at 9.30 as the last Dublin bus is at 9pm and the last Bus Eireann at 6pm according to their site. Are you flying from Cork? I'd say shop around for taxi prices as you might get some good deals. PM me if you want some taxi numbers.

• Advertisement

Hey everyone, its my first time at oxegen! :D Can ye please answer a question or two? Im very naive about it all :rolleyes: Wat time do the acts start/ finish? This wud assist greatly in planning!! And is it best to pack up ur tent wen leaving it for the day? Hope ye can answer...:cool:

Hi Blondie,
    Last year on the Friday the acts didn't start until 6 but they seem to have made it a much bigger day this year so they will probably start around 2pm. On Saturday and Sunday they start around 12 with the bigger acts kicking off from about 5. They finish up around 1am Friday/Saturday and I think about 11.30 on Sunday.

When you say pack up your tent I'm not sure I know what you mean, like leave all your stuff in it etc? I suggest you bring a minimal amount of gear with ya and nothing valuable, zip up your tent for the day and off you go. I've heard of people sticking locks on their tents but not sure if it's worth a curse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Thanks a mill! :)

Thanks a mill! :)

you're very welcome.

A few little tips for you too.
    Wellies are essential no matter what the weather. Bring the bare minimum as it's a long walk from carpark to campsite. Lots of socks. Hand Sanitiser. Toilet Roll. Wet Wipes. Suncream. Torch. These are the essentials! When you arrive first thing to do is go to one of the merchandise stands and buy a programme - you can print this off the web the day before but it's really worth the tenner as you can plan your day as you go.

You will have the best time!!

Edit: According to their site there is just 16 days left so would be great if everyone could start posting up their little tips for all to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Blur will be fckn epic. The only 'musical' reason I want to go!

What kinda food is good to bring? I know meat and veg would be stupid..

I was thinking breakfast bars and biscuits..I havent a clue..would i get peanut butter in?..its in a glass jar so I doubt it.

[quote=[Deleted User];60819601]Bacon fries and plenty of them. They let us bring cans of tuna sweetcorn etc all the previous years.[/quote]

Ahh grand I didnt know ya could bring tins in.sharp edges and all that..ill be loading up on the tuna so! :D

Hmm..i'm more of a cheese puff kinda guy rather than bacon fries but I get your meaning! Cheers
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bring a bucket, fill it up with cold tap water, drop your cans in it.you no longer have to worry about warm beer for the weekend.i do it all the time, works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

K4t wrote: »
    Blur will be fckn epic. The only 'musical' reason I want to go!

Blur are on the same time as 2manyDJs, thats a big decison im going to have to make.

M83, Fever Ray, Mogwai, Kings of Leon and the Mars Volta will be all worth seeing to. Its a fantastic lineup, but i just really dislike the festival itself after being to a few european ones.

Still dont know whether to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dec0512

hello all its my first time going to oxegen,just wondering what everyone does with their drink when at the concert?would it be unwise to leave it in the tent as people will rob it?not sure what to do,all tips and advice greatly appreciated!:D

And is it best to pack up ur tent wen leaving it for the day? Hope ye can answer...:cool:

Just leave your tent where it is, and remember where you left it :)
    Edit: According to their site there is just 16 days left so would be great if everyone could start posting up their little tips for all to see!

Bring two towels, just in case. Even if you don't plan on showering.

A bottle of mouthwash is incredibly handy.

Baby wipes.

Kleenix

Bin liners (You'll find uses - from cleaning up your own rubbish, to wrapping
    up your tent to waterproof it, or putting your shoes in overnight)

Duck Tape (kidnap for fixing your tent, putting a mark on your tent so you can spot it from a distance away, loads of other uses)

A 2L bottle of water... or two of'em if you can carry them.

To be honest, I'm not sure about locking your tent - If someone wants to get in, it's easy get in. There's lockers provided too. Oh, and at least if you lose the rest of your keys, you don't have to cut a hole in your tent to sleep in there :)

Bring biscuits. Lidl/Aldi have some great deals on them.

Remember, as handy as it is to be near the toilets when you're camping, you're going to have to put with people passing you tent all night, plenty of disturbing noises and the potential of smells/people not getting as near to the toilets as they had hoped...
    hello all its my first time going to oxegen,just wondering what everyone does with their drink when at the concert?would it be unwise to leave it in the tent as people will rob it?not sure what to do,all tips and advice greatly appreciated!

Leave it in or under your tent. There'll be plenty of other folk doing the same. There's not a whole pile else you can do.

Also, tickets should be on the way! Whoopsadaisydoodles, are you in the Green campsite this year again? I think there'll be a few from Boards in there this year (From the photography side of it anyways)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FiCork

Hey FiCork.

It's a pity you only get in at 9.30 as the last Dublin bus is at 9pm and the last Bus Eireann at 6pm according to their site. Are you flying from Cork? I'd say shop around for taxi prices as you might get some good deals. PM me if you want some taxi numbers.

Thank you!
    I'll b workin in Kerry that day so flying up from farranfore.
    Some local taxi numbers would be great. would it be better to get a taxi company from Punchestown though?
    Also, I'm not on boards long, what do u reckon the chances are of finding someone to share a cab here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Scien wrote: »
    Does anyone know when MCD will announce when the "Also appearing across the Weekend..." Bands are actually playing... Y'know, for the people who are only going for the 1 day...

Hopefully Passion Pit are on the Saturday, that would complete an ossim day of music.

On the Oxegen website you can browse each of the stages in the "Line Up" section, check out the header near the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Fajitas! wrote: »

Bin liners (You'll find uses - from cleaning up your own rubbish, to wrapping
    up your tent to waterproof it, or putting your shoes in overnight)

A 2L bottle of water... or two of'em if you can carry them.

black sacks are possibly the most important thing to bring, stuff your sleeping bag or clothes in them while you're at the bands and they stay dry even if the tent gets damp. plus you can sit on them, wear them. ah, the glamour.

I'd nearly bring down an empty 2 litre bottle and fill it down there, it might be unnecessary weight alongside crates of beer :p

also, i wouldn't bother locking a tent, it creates more problems. People will think theres something worth robbing, if you lose your key you have to cut a big hole in the back to get in, etc. just cover up your stuff a bit so if someone does open your tent (unlikely) all they'll see is a sleeping bag or whatever.

See... I wish I thought of bringing the two empty bottles... :-/

Good thinking Chief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

Digitilism are a must!!ha.bt other then that Blur cannot be missed!!ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

Hi Blondie,
    Last year on the Friday the acts didn't start until 6 but they seem to have made it a much bigger day this year so they will probably start around 2pm. On Saturday and Sunday they start around 12 with the bigger acts kicking off from about 5. They finish up around 1am Friday/Saturday and I think about 11.30 on Sunday.

When you say pack up your tent I'm not sure I know what you mean, like leave all your stuff in it etc? I suggest you bring a minimal amount of gear with ya and nothing valuable, zip up your tent for the day and off you go. I've heard of people sticking locks on their tents but not sure if it's worth a curse tbh.
    hi . best thung is ta get their early on thursday .get a camp spot along the walk ways so ya dont have dodge tents ta find your own .as whoopsiedoodle says dont lock your tent it ll only draw attention 2 it . blue camp site is best x box stage has music till about 5 in morning their

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

wallis bird iss playing folks if ya haven heard of her look her up on you tube excellent musician..:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

If anyone on here who bought tickets off ticketmaster website has received their tickets could ye tell me if there is a star shaped hole on the top right of the tickets??

cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement