Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

wallis bird iss playing folks if ya haven heard of her look her up on you tube excellent musician..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

If anyone on here who bought tickets off ticketmaster website has received their tickets could ye tell me if there is a star shaped hole on the top right of the tickets??

cheers

Fajitas! wrote: »

Also, tickets should be on the way! Whoopsadaisydoodles, are you in the Green campsite this year again? I think there'll be a few from Boards in there this year (From the photography side of it anyways)

I am indeedy, in a bellepad this time round as I wasn't quick enough for tangerine fields! I'm sharing with smelly boys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon I'm so undecided about Passion Pit, I'll avoid them, less I'm stuck with a headache for a week... :-/

I left it go waaaay too late to bother with any tents. I'll just get another cheapo and bin it after I reckon. Got my 2 VIP tickets this morning... with a bonus 2 VIP's to AC/DC this weekend for being a good boy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Looking to book tickets and was wondering is the deposit scheme still avalible ,I cant seem to find where I can buy it and ticketmaster have it only buy it whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

One of our fellow boardsies - fitz - is playing Sunday morning in the IMRO tent with his band Susie Soho!

Go on the boardsies!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 really reilly

no deposit scheme gone im 90 % sure

http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174&Itemid=176

Says there the remaining deposits have to be paid by the 19th of June, so I reckon you're a bit out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Can't wait to see Pendulum again, seen them in Belfast last November and they were amazing. Also looking forward to seein Fun Lovin Criminals, Kings of Leon and Blur. Just over 2 weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Does anyone know would there be an issue with parking a transit van in Goffs and sleeping in it, using the free shuttle bus to travel back and forth from the festival????

• Advertisement

Scoops wrote: »
    Does anyone know would there be an issue with parking a transit van in Goffs and sleeping in it, using the free shuttle bus to travel back and forth from the festival????

plenty of people actually park in the festival car park and do this so can't see it being a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hey ,
    anyone know if it is possible to swap a red camp ticket for a blue camp ticket ?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

awhir wrote: »
    hey ,
    anyone know if it is possible to swap a red camp ticket for a blue camp ticket ?

cheers

they are, for all intents and purposes, the same thing. You can camp in either campsite. I think it's only an issue when you have a car with you. I believe they have different car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

Ok this might have been asked already in this post. Been to Oxegen few times before, but I can never remember, is it just glass bottles that are banned from the campsite (alcohol wise)?? Also, anyone got any good ideas how to sneak drink into the actual arena? I'm strictly a beer-drinker...so can't be sneaking any naggins etc in (off the spirits!! ;) )....last year we hid a can in each wellies and a couple in our hoods as well. Had to walk like we were constipated through security...lols!

Also, I KNOW that there's no ticket touting on the boards, but I'm going to buy tickets on buy and sell. Has anyone had any bad experiences doing so before? I figure that more than likely they're going to be genuine tickets, cos people are desperate to sell now at last minute, seeing as the actual festival hasn't sold out yet!

Advice welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

hi,

just to let ye know the full line-up and STAGE TIMES will be revealed today week, the 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Ah good looking forward to hear that. On a scale of 1 to 10 how dangerous is it there?!:rolleyes: I'm so unlucky I'd be a person who would b attacked in a nunnery. So... anything else I should do/ know? Cant wait though:D

Oh yeah and whats the craic wit the safe? D'ya put your valuables in it(which I wont b bringing!) or your whole rucksack.

The lockers are big enough for your phone, wallet, and a few other small bits and bobs, but you wouldn't fit your rucksack in I'm afraid :)

Dangerous? Well, I wouldn't say it's dangerous, just apply common sense to every decision and you'll be fine! Don't do anything too silly, like if your not used to drinking, don't go for a 2 litre bottle of vodka a day...

mspacman wrote: »
    Also, I KNOW that there's no ticket touting on the boards, but I'm going to buy tickets on buy and sell. Has anyone had any bad experiences doing so before? I figure that more than likely they're going to be genuine tickets, cos people are desperate to sell now at last minute, seeing as the actual festival hasn't sold out yet!

Advice welcome! :)

Have a look through toutless.ie for tickets too - might be one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Just wondering what the craic is with pit bands if your in the campsite?? Are they only givin out at the main enterance and if you got one on the friday do they last the wk end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

mooeire wrote: »
    Just wondering what the craic is with pit bands if your in the campsite?? Are they only givin out at the main enterance and if you got one on the friday do they last the wk end?

There are no pit bands, its first come first serve. Then when it's full the security will let the same ammout in from the que that leave the pit...if that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

wallis bird iss playing folks if ya haven heard of her look her up on you tube excellent musician..:cool:
    I fell across Wallis Bird on the great site of randomness that is Last fm and I really like her.

Will defo be going to see her at Oxegen ... actually I might go and pick up her CD beforehand, thanks for reminding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Any idea how long the sets for Jane's Addiction and NIN are likely to be?
    I was at Oxegen in 2005 and a lot of the sets were 40-45 mins longs.
    I'm going purely for these 2, so I'm not sure if it's worth my 99+ yoyos if they aren't on for long.

NIN are the last act on Stage 2 and Jane's are just before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

RichyX wrote: »
    I'm going purely for these 2, so I'm not sure if it's worth my 99+ yoyos if they aren't on for long.

The set times come out next wednesday so you could have a look for definite then. The headliners set is usually an hour and a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

paddyb125 wrote: »
    There are no pit bands, its first come first serve. Then when it's full the security will let the same ammout in from the que that leave the pit...if that makes sense!

I gets ya!!! Cheers :)

Is everyone excited?! RED camp or BLUE camp? Whats the best day do ye think?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

RichyX wrote: »

Janes addiction will be 1hr and NIN will get a 1hr30min set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Janes addiction will be 1hr and NIN will get a 1hr30min set.

Yeah?
    That sounds pretty damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

this may be in here somewhere else but anyway! anyone know what the deal with staying on till monday is? we have the 3 day tickets and were just wondering is it ok to stay on till monday afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Campsite closes at 6pm on Monday so you're grand till then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement