Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

this may be in here somewhere else but anyway! anyone know what the deal with staying on till monday is? we have the 3 day tickets and were just wondering is it ok to stay on till monday afternoon!

Ye if ya have a three day ticket it means ya cant get in on the thursday..so you'll be grand for the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are many heading up for the Thursday? I've the whole week off work, so if it was worth going for, I'd head on up, but if it's sh*te, I may leave it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Are many heading up for the Thursday? I've the whole week off work, so if it was worth going for, I'd head on up, but if it's sh*te, I may leave it.

usually sh1te al.... but this year from a very very reliable source, there will be some great stuff going on, from the horses mouth as it were

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The way I see it is the Thursday is a chance to get locked, meet the neighbours, and have a bitta craic. Also I'm sure theres a few tribute bands playing, along with a silent disco.

http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=349:thursday-night-camping-returns-as-oxegen-announces-a-host-of-new-facilites&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Oh i hope it will be good on Thursday. Really can't wait. Got a campervan for the occasion :D

• Advertisement

usually sh1te al.... but this year from a very very reliable source, there will be some great stuff going on, from the horses mouth as it were

Aye, that's why I've given it a miss before really, but I've time to burn this year. I guess I'll see what the weather is like for the day.

Tom, you in the Green site or are you camping with the plebs again? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

meant to be a rake of top noth cover bands on the thursday. I dont camp even with vip Al... hot showers, working toilets... power to tent... 15 foot steel shield to keep plebs out, thats wht im about hehe

Hah! I still prefer not working Oxegen, and I still get the working toilets and hot showers :)

Power to tent? Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Did anyone else, who is staying in Tangerine Fields (green campsite), get an e-mail today which suggests they have lost everyones booking details or at least fecked things up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 VivaLaVida

If I order a ticket say tomorrow or the next day, can I be sure that it will arrive on time? My friend and I just can't live with not going any longer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

if you go into a ticketmaster outlet tomorrow, you'll get them into your hand.

otherwise, if you order online, check if it says "your item has not been dispatched" at the start of next week. if it still says that on monday then ring ticketmaster and they'll post them out. if you log back into your ticketmaster account then, it should say "tickets have now been dispatched" or something along those lines..

we rang the wednesday before slane and they arrived on the friday, just in the nick of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

My friends and I still havent got our tickets. It so annoying, the money has been taken off the card so give us our tickets!!!!! AAAGGGGGHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How come we can discuss this again?

VivaLaVida wrote: »
    If I order a ticket say tomorrow or the next day, can I be sure that it will arrive on time? My friend and I just can't live with not going any longer. :)

You can do the ticketfast option and print your tickets when they're ordered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Soby wrote: »
    How come we can discuss this again?
    Because we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ok major prob if dublin win today final is played sunday of oxegen

so going HQ instead anyway i can give a m8 of mine d sunday ticket from a 3day no camping ticket?? all help needed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

but1er wrote: »

so going HQ instead anyway i can give a m8 of mine d sunday ticket from a 3day no camping ticket?? all help needed

you good speak england.

Say again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

but1er wrote: »

Translation : If Dublin win today the Leinster final will be on the Sunday of Oxegen.

If this happens I'll be going to Croke Park instead. Can I give a friend of mine the Sunday ticket from a 3 day no camping ticket?

According to ticketmaster they've finally dispatched my tickets - woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

well done penexpers good reason behind the bad english

any1 help me out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Just got my ticket in the door....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

im mega excited now, lets hope the weather keeps up and we are flying woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheBestKm

Ok what are everyone's thoughts on buying tickets a few days/ week before Oxe?

I have minus cash at the minute and apparently tickets went really cheap the few days before it last year as they weren't sold out.. Will it be the same this year again due to the big R word or would i be safer not taking the chance?

ANY advice would be appreicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, I saw that too. Hilarious. There were a few rumours flying around about how it happened. Lynx fight then a match seems to be the most believable one.

And I doubt it'll sell out. It never does. It only sold out in the first year, no?

A few of my mates were camping near it. Apparently a gust of wind went through the campsite, before spiraling upwards... Pretty much like a tornado, except full of ciggarette butts, empty plastic bottles, soggy chips and bin liners. The two tents went up with it too - Pretty hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No way...my mate was telling me about this tornado, I didn't believe him since he was completely cabbaged at that stage.

Guess I owe him an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

has anybody been on the forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yes, it's ugly as sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

what's the craic like on it?

• Advertisement

im...LOST wrote: »
    And I doubt it'll sell out. It never does. It only sold out in the first year, no?

Nah this is the first year it hasn't sold out. I woudl take the chance and not buy tickets this year though, I really don't think it will sell out and infact, i'd say you will get great deals on tickets.

Mine arrived today yay!

I actually am so in the middle about this year, I'm super excited on one hand but on the other, I think I'm too old for 3 days of madness, I was wrecked after oasis and that was just one day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement