Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

Actual times etc to be released on Wednesday apparently.

Any must see bands that I should, but probably don't, know about?

Will definitely be seeing; Blur, KOL, Elbow, Killers, Razorlight,
    Will try and see; Fun Lovin Criminals, Maximo park, Ocean Colour Scene, Lily Allen, White Lies
    Might have a look at Lady gaga and The Ting Tings

jape wrote: »
    No, once you display the parking pass you can drive in and out freely all weekend.

Just noticed this on oxegen.ie
    PARKING AT PUNCHESTOWN

Campers camping in the Red Campsite should choose the Red Car Park and those in The Blue Campsite should choose the Blue Carpark.

The car parks open at 10am Thursday and close at 6pm on Monday and are open 24hours a day between these times.

To claim your free car park space just buy four weekend camping tickets online in one transaction and tick the car park option or bring four weekend camping tickets to a Ticketmaster outlet and they will give you a free car park ticket, while stocks last.

If you don't want to carpool you can purchase a weekend parking pass in advance either online or at a Ticketmaster outlet for €30, while stocks last.

Once purchased, a car park pass is valid for one single entry and exit only to a car park. Re-entry to a specific car park is not guaranteed and costs €15. While exiting and re-entering the car park is permitted, it is discouraged and there is no guarantee that you will get back into the same car park on re-entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Some bands to cehck out if you don't have'em down already; Squeeze (Must see!!), the Airborne Toxic Event, NiN, Dinosaur Pile-up.

Also, say what you want about Duke Special, he always puts on a great show. I'm waiting on the other acts they're putting in. I heard some rumours for the last minute bands, one of which I'd be over the moon to see.

Tbh, I'll head along to KoL, but I'm not to bothered. I've never seen them actually get excited about playing. I've had more fun listening to them on CD/vinyl

Nine in Nails are on the same time as the killers :(

Love Duke Special, saw him at EP a couple of years ago and he was one of my highlights

KoL are fantastic, have seen them twice now and they wowed me both times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Actual times etc to be released on Wednesday apparently.

Any must see bands that I should, but probably don't, know about?

go see the Gaslight anthem as well, i saw them a few months ago at the academy and they were amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

heres a question for yee, sorrys if its been asked before.

remember the "eco-cups" last year that we had to buy for beer, i presumer theyre doing the same this year.i still have my cups from last year-will they accept last years ones or will they be makin us buy 2009 ones.

if they do its clear they dont give a toss bout the environment and its a scam for more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

It doesn't say anything about times, so how do you know that?

Numina wrote: »
    It doesn't say anything about times, so how do you know that?

They are both headlining their respective stages which means they will be the last act on both, therefore clashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

df1985 wrote: »
    heres a question for yee, sorrys if its been asked before.

remember the "eco-cups" last year that we had to buy for beer, i presumer theyre doing the same this year.i still have my cups from last year-will they accept last years ones or will they be makin us buy 2009 ones.

if they do its clear they dont give a toss bout the environment and its a scam for more money.

it just says oxegen on them, no year so they might be the same?

it is far better for the environment though if you compare how many plastic cups were fecked about the place in 07 & previous years to last year, it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i completely agree, it did work very well, but at the same time i dont know anyone who returned the cups for the money back, so they made one hell of a profit on them and i cant see them exactly reinvesting that money in recycling or windfarms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

df1985 wrote: »
    i completely agree, it did work very well, but at the same time i dont know anyone who returned the cups for the money back, so they made one hell of a profit on them and i cant see them exactly reinvesting that money in recycling or windfarms!

My mate picked up about 6 or 7 that people just left on the floor, got him a free drink or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Tickets arrived today :) I thought when you bought 4 there was to be a free car park ticket? No sign of that!

nah you need to order cp ticket but it's no problem, just take your 4 tix along to your nearest ticketmaster and they will issue you with a free carpark ticket.

Love Duke Special, saw him at EP a couple of years ago and he was one of my highlights

KoL are fantastic, have seen them twice now and they wowed me both times

It's NiN's last gig as NiN though... The Killer's will be gigging around for another year at least!

DS always puts on a great show. I'm looking forward to seeing him play a big crowd!

I've always found KoL to be so so boring on stage to be very honest (And I am a fan). Met them on two occasions (I wasn't hanging around like a groupie... I swear) and found them to be the same. Apart from the drummer, who's slightly more animated.

Just remembered there, Elbow should be another great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobbyc

going this year for the 1st time
    how much booze would you need to get you through the 3 days for a guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

bobbyc wrote: »

It depends on how much of a drinker you are, and also if ur willing to buy drinks in the arena, most of the lads im heading with bring a tray and a bottle of spirits!

xcarriex wrote: »
    It depends on how much of a drinker you are, and also if ur willing to buy drinks in the arena, most of the lads im heading with bring a tray and a bottle of spirits!

I'm a girl and that's what I'll be bringing! there will be cans left behind no doubt but better to have more than run out and I certainly won't be buying beer in the arena.

I'm a girl and that's what I'll be bringing! there will be cans left behind no doubt but better to have more than run out and I certainly won't be buying beer in the arena.

Ya im brining the same,well im bringing Jager me mates bringing Sambuca we will share :)

PM me directions to your tent :pac:

haha im just thinking, do people mark there tents to recognise it, i have never done it, but somehow i always find my way??:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Has anyone used the campsite showers in previous years? I might brave them this year. What are they like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ad1

ibeatza wrote: »
    Hi

i was wondering does anyone know if thre are any hotels near punchestown?

im haveing a hard time finding one if not, would u reccomend gettin the ****tle buss to naas and staying there and does anyone know hotels there?

please help

i cant camp i have a fear of it ha
    PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LisaMarieXxX

Dying to go to Oxegen this year! Thinking about getting as last minute ticket... I heard that if you stay behind on the monday and help the clean up you get a free/discounted Electric Picnic ticket... sounds a bit far fetched but thought it might be worth asking if anybody knows anything about it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sweetie13

Hey,
    Was planning to go to Oxegen for the Saturday only but they've sold out of Sat only tickets. There's 4 or 5 of us looking to go. Do ye think that they might release additional Saturday only tickets if the wkend camping and 3day tickets don't sell out? (clutching at straws...) Had a look at toutless and the Sat night tickets seem in pretty high demand. Friday only & Sunday only selling reduced...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Why would a NIN fan want to go and see the stinking tedious Manics?

Why would a Manics fan want to go and see the stinking tedious NIN? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

bobbyc wrote: »

28ish cans i brought my first time.

Used other peoples vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

I usually bring 24 of the party pack cans of beer (they stay fizzy and taste nicer!) and then another 6-8 cans of cider to get you going. Also a bottle of Danzka vodka. It comes in a thermos flask so you freeze it for a few days and it's still icey on the Sunday morning and tastes lovely! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Still unsure of whether to go or not.

Have a saturday ticket, but i need another ticket for the girlfreind and Saturday tickets are near impossible to get! So may sell mine and get 2 Friday tickets instead, in honesty Friday is where its at....M83, pendulum, 2manyDJs and Blur...all probably at the same time though!

How can you guarentee a ticket hasnt been cancelled? This happened me a few years ago i bought a ticket that was cancelled with a credit card and then i was refused on the way in, seeign as the majority are bought with credit cards is there any way around this?

And to be honest i cant see many full camping tickets being sold for dead cheap, seems everybody is holding off until a few days beforehand....

xcarriex wrote: »
    haha im just thinking, do people mark there tents to recognise it, i have never done it, but somehow i always find my way??:cool:

I only picked up my tickets the morning before last year, so we ended up with a VERY cheap tent. We marked it with duck tape and bin liner, just in case it rained.

It kept the sun out in the morning, but we made our way back at night without even thinking about the bin liners.

A few friends put up flags or taped on designs to their tents.

Drink-wise, we brought 24 cans of beer last year, and gave 8 of them away at the end of the weekend. We did most of our drinking in the arena though, but even then, we didn't drink a whole pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Rob66

Anyone know where the best spot to buy tents is? lookin for a 6 man or 4 man.. argos were doin a gud deal: 6 man tent for 65 squid but the offer aint on anymore:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement