Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignment 14 - Contrasts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I interpret my entry as contrast of dark & light (tree leaves). Hopefully it will suffice :) Taken on June 1, 2009.

3585446015_246a99f336.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

does this fit?

2293428-3-fish-boxes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

A friend of mine had this picture and I thought it might be suitable for the contrast assignment.
    82170.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

076402829A6E4D219A950D09C8158E9B-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

3606542091_6e562d5f9f.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Sniipe wrote: »
    A friend of mine had this picture and I thought it might be suitable for the contrast assignment.

Nice pic but it's outside the brief.

The Rules.
    * Photo msut be taken within the last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

sorry about that. first time posting a pic and I also didn't realise the date it was taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galway Catherdal

3529742096_4dca586bae.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

mrmac wrote: »
    Maybe a unusual approach to Contrasts ....

3599303140_1a34d89827_o.jpg

.... but it makes sense to me.
    we have a winner!! congrats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Oh. This assignment was for just one week? Then again we used pictures we already took last month.
    Congrats mrmac.
    Maybe check with ThOnda when he want to unveil his theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

xia wrote: »
    Oh. This assignment was for just one week? Then again we used pictures we already took last month.
    Congrats mrmac.
    Maybe check with ThOnda when he want to unveil his theme.
    sorry about the shortness. i wont really have computer access next week and i thought it best to keep it snappy!! hence the requirement of one month old photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A late entry ?? Darn it, I need to pay more attention to the time lines. It's the kind of thing which stays in your head for a while then an opportunity takes you. I still have 'shadow' in my mind which is probably over too (must check!)

So here it is anyway;

32BE1ED9862D4E2CB94280EE41709227.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I like it!
    Do you increase the in PP - really adds to the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

mrmac wrote: »
    I like it!
    Do you increase the in PP - really adds to the shot.

Think I missed the word of what I increased there :pac:

But yes - the PP pushed lots of things. Shot indoors with a 50mm at f1.7, handheld and at ISO 3200 which meant the grain was high to begin with. Lighting was brutal. Manual adjustment of the white balance (big adjustment to the left). Went for some noise reduction whilst pushing the exposure bias by +3 - this softened the grain somewhat from what was harsh noise but left it with ample grit to be reasonably aesthetic. Went for the monochrome conversion that silkypix (pp software) gives me and finally a little unsharp which given the overall poor sharpness actually increased the 'grittyness' to it.

That's the gist of it. Before and after posted on the B&A thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Sorry, meant to say "noise" in the above post.

I think it really adds to this shot, and I'm usually not a fan of grainy images!
    Could be the B&W? Or the subject matter? :)

Anyway - great shot, added this image to my new logbook :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement