Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late arrival - Polling card

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Is it unusual not to have a polling card by now?

I'm south county Dublin, what body or organisation do I contact to try and get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Haven't got mine either , Dublin 9,
    but I checked my self up on http://www.dublincity.ie/onlinevotersregistration/
    and I was there, so I assume I can show up with my passport and vote if the card don't come

Conspiracy crossed my mind, but its a bit far fetched....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Excellent delop, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

My wife and I haven't got ours either, sent in for the change of address 5 weeks ago.
    In the last general election, we both had two votes, one for Rathmines where we were then living, and another for Blackrock where we lived 5 years before that. Being honest we used the votes for Rathmines.
    Makes you wonder though? Will we have between us, 6 votes this time?

I always correctly received polling cards where I am now. Just a no-show this time. I really want to vote. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Amalgam wrote: »
    I always correctly received polling cards where I am now. Just a no-show this time. I really want to vote. :(

the point to note is that being on the register allows you to vote, you do not need a polling card

passport ID enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nodrog

Yeah once your on the register all you need is photo ID.

But they are going through letter boxes as I write this....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Riskymove wrote: »
    the point to note is that being on the register allows you to vote, you do not need a polling card

passport ID enough

Indeed, the polling card is merely a reminder of the polling date and where your voting centre is, it isn't even enough for you to vote. You are still required to have photo ID on you to vote.

nesf wrote: »
    You are still required to have photo ID on you to vote.

if "challenged"

the most biased partisan thing ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Riskymove wrote: »
    if "challenged"

the most biased partisan thing ever...

Meh, everyone should have to produce ID in fairness.

Polling card arrived on Tuesday. Along with nesf, I'm all for showing identification.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Meh, everyone should have to produce ID in fairness.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, my point is not everyone has to show ID and its known that certain people try and make politics out of it at the polling station!

Advertisement