Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something seriously wrong with my 360,but its not RROD

• 02-06-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

I've had my 360 for about 2 years now and just recently it's started just cutting out in the middle of games.
    Either the screen will just turn black or it'll make a beeping noise,the screen will turn all green and pixelated and it will make a constant beeping noise.

I have googled it but couldn't find a problem like mine. I bought it in PC World and I still have the receipt,does anyone know if I would be able to get a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd try calling xbox 360 support and see what they have to say for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I had that problem before and it lasted about 4-5 hours before I got the RROD so maybe it could be that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I've had my 360 for about 2 years now and just recently it's started just cutting out in the middle of games.
    Either the screen will just turn black or it'll make a beeping noise,the screen will turn all green and pixelated and it will make a constant beeping noise.

I have googled it but couldn't find a problem like mine. I bought it in PC World and I still have the receipt,does anyone know if I would be able to get a replacement?

You havent a hope of a replacement, they come with a 1 yr warranty. However the RROD is covered by microsoft on a 3 year warranty. Take the hard drive off your xbox, then turn on the xbox and let it load. This should cause the machine to crash and you will get the RROD which you can then ring Microsoft and tell them you have the RROD and they will organise to send UPS out to collect it and send it to germany, 2 weeks later you get yours or another back good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    You havent a hope of a replacement, they come with a 1 yr warranty. However the RROD is covered by microsoft on a 3 year warranty. Take the hard drive off your xbox, then turn on the xbox and let it load. This should cause the machine to crash and you will get the RROD which you can then ring Microsoft and tell them you have the RROD and they will organise to send UPS out to collect it and send it to germany, 2 weeks later you get yours or another back good to go.

Just take off the hard drive, start with without the hard drive, and you'll get the RROD.

I had freezing once before and I had the pixelated crap once before, both times, let it happen, then turn off, take off the hard drive, and RROD.

Works everytime for me, and has worked for everyone I've suggested it to. No idea why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Thanks for the help.

Did it work?

neacy69 wrote: »
    Did it work?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and then I'll do whatever I need make it RROD.
    Do they send you box or something to send it away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

no they don't. Just pack it to shoe box with old newspapers or bublewrap. They will send you labels either via email or post. 2 weeks and you will have you brand new, refurbished, console ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You dont send the hard drive or anything else with it by the way, just the bare console..and make sure you dont leave a game in the drive.

What did you guys put it in? I can't find any boxes of a decent size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement