Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back-up Drivers?

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

PC is running a bit slow so going to format and re-install, is there a program I can download that will backup my pc drivers save me having to search Google etc after that fact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'm not much help as I don't know of any such program but surely if you were doing a re-install of your OS you would be better off re-downloading the drivers. It's really not a painful process as windows will find and install all the drivers you need automatically in most cases assuming of course you're not still on windows 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Its XP but it can be pain and anyway this pc is not connected to the net as an extra precaution aganist virii etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK nothing much other than the dodgy apps the equally dodgy driver sites already offer which are either shareware or malignant. Mmm, rape you new install with a bajillion trojans why doncha? :p

Why don't you just use and abuse Google and/or ask us for a bit of help? Although the latter would require you giving us exact details of the system in question. Just bear in mind this thread could get moved to the Computers forum... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jaqian wrote: »
    PC is running a bit slow so going to format and re-install, is there a program I can download that will backup my pc drivers save me having to search Google etc after that fact?

DriverMax will backup all your current drivers for you (Not great for finding drivers though)

If all you want to do is backup before reinstall? you'll be good to go with that.

Driver Genius Professional is very good but it is pay for.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement