Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hang a 19' TV

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi I'd like to hang a 19 inch TV on my wall but the wall is plasterboard. Does anyone know how to do this without destroying the wall. I've never done it before so go easy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

You could start by finding where the woooden batons are behind the plasterboard. Plasterboard is nailed to wooden batons that run vertically up the wall. If you got two screws holding the bracket screwed through the plasterboard into the batons, that would probably be strong enough to hold the tv.
    good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

You'll definately have to find a batton, one screw at least, if you can only get one screw on the batton, you can get plasterboard screws designed for this kinda thing, plus 19" isnt that heavy a tv. Weigh it and hang the same weight off it when its up just incase.
    And if its your first time check for pipes or wires behind the wall!!

Advertisement