Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Virtualisation self paced.

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Just checking is there such thing as ms virtualisation exams, I have a couple of contracts coming up which its required and I've 3 weeks to get up to speed.

EDIT just to clarify I dont need to have sat exams for these contracts just have a familiarity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Hi,

There are exams on virtualisation but I would really recommend you build a few test boxes before jumping in head first.
    Exam 70-403: TS: System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring
    is one of them but you'll need to get up to speed on 2008 server and build a few test machines.

The problem I came up with when trying to do that is the hardware.. Unless you have current tech with hardware virtualisation onboard you wont be able to test the configuration.

There are tones of professionals who would gladly help you out but I dont know the rules about posting external links please Direct message me if you are interested in them.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjadude

hi,

there is a specific exam for hyper-v as well... the problem is by october it will be out of date with the release of r2.

i have done both and the virtual machine manager exam is not worth doing with the hyper v exam as they kinda depend on each other...

but there is loads of self paced kits and training material out there...

i have some stuff which i could forward on aswell...

if you need them drop me a pm

otherwise check out mcp.microsoft.com for more info

Advertisement