Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tents

Options
  • 02-06-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Would anyone recommend buying tents from America? I have a 4 person tent from Argos, it's good enough for the price my only problem is my wife and I cannot stand inside, which is not convenient if you have small children. Thanks, any opinion will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'd imagine shipping, duty and VAT would eat into any savings to be made,
    Try some of the camping shops to get the tent put up so you can judge the size yourself, before buying from a catalogue/online at least.

Most 4man tents will not be high enough for adults to stand up straight in, some might have a "living" section as well as a sleeping section which mightn't have an inner section to give you a few cm more inside height.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yoknek

Thanks carawaystick, the only reason I considered buying tents from America is because I have a sister coming home for the summer. You are right about the prices it would be to dear if I get it shipped here.

I was looking for 5 to 6 man tent or family tents, I have seen dimensions on the online catalogue but my only concern wether it will withstand the weather here. The catalogues in America does not mention things such as hydrostatic head.

Advertisement