Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People with money should pay for their parking....

• 02-06-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Perhaps they didnt know it was a pay parking area in Churchtown.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Everyone should pay for their parking - car make is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I'd say the clampers just thought. . ."jackpot" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

mcauley wrote: »

Why, is it a special clamping fee for Ferraris? Presumably using the same logic, it's more expensive to release a clamped Mondeo than a Ka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mcauley wrote: »
    People seem to have the idea that just because they hate being clamped the clampers must love it. Get over it people, it's just a job to them.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't see any signs about paying in the picture... but sure, the owner of the england regged car may be from england, and not know that it was a "pay for parking area"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'm pretty sure I spotted that car in Block A of Dublin Airport short term car park on Friday Morning.

Can't see there being too many Black 430's around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

People who can afford a Ferrari should pay VRT first and foremost. And I don't mean to open the can of worms about VRT at all.. I just think it looks funny when you have a high end vehicle and you can't seem to be able to fork out for the VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's just possible they were only visiting, bit stiff having to pay it everytime you come or go :P

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

bladespin wrote: »
    It's just possible they were only visiting, bit stiff having to pay it everytime you come or go :P

True. It's just half the flashy stuff like ferraris etc. seems to always have uk plates. I believed for years they were just visiting too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

aphex™ wrote: »
    People who can afford a Ferrari should pay VRT first and foremost. And I don't mean to open the can of worms about VRT at all.. I just think it looks funny when you have a high end vehicle and you can't seem to be able to fork out for the VRT.

They are saving for a penis enlargement operation, cant be spending it on VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

kona wrote: »
    They are saving for a penis enlargement operation, cant be spending it on VRT.

Oh, jealousy! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm sure they can afford the de-clamp fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Thats brilliant! That should go in the Here's what I saw today thread, that Scud has been in it a few times...unclamped obviously!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Thats brilliant! That should go in the Here's what I saw today thread, that Scud has been in it a few times...unclamped obviously!!!

Does that rule out the "just visiting" theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Stekelly wrote: »
    Does that rule out the "just visiting" theory?
    Haha, I wonder would the HWIST thread stand up in court if they tried to do him! Could live up north and be working down here for a few months?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Haha, I wonder would the HWIST thread stand up in court if they tried to do him! Could live up north and be working down here for a few months?!

I doubt the owner is living up north because LJ means that it's a London regged car and 58 means it's September 2008 at the oldest. It's unlikey to have been sold on unless it was originally a demo car. Sorry, some nerdy info there!

Advertisement