Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost achievements

• 02-06-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

ok hears the deal with me being in college at night and working full time i felt it best not to invest in a subscription and never actually hooked the xbox up to my broadband.

anyway the other day after the exams i went on line and created a xbox live account. the name was the same as one of the profiles on my xbox (with over 1000 points) and now the buggers are all gone.

anyone any ideas how to get those achievements back or are they and my saves gone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

dade wrote: »
    ok hears the deal with me being in college at night and working full time i felt it best not to invest in a subscription and never actually hooked the xbox up to my broadband.

anyway the other day after the exams i went on line and created a xbox live account. the name was the same as one of the profiles on my xbox (with over 1000 points) and now the buggers are all gone.

anyone any ideas how to get those achievements back or are they and my saves gone?

When you were signed in on the XBox you should've joined XBox Live through that account, rather than doing it seperately, so yeah, they're probably gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

got ya. bugger it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

can across this today

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/live/account/mergeoflineprofile.htm

so i may be able to get my achievements after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

This happens if the name of your offline profile is already used online. To fix this, just change your offline profile to a name that hasn't been taken, register and then you'll get to keep everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xX Mark Xx

It's only 1,000 GS. My friend lost 43,000 gamerscore before when his account was hacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

xX Mark Xx wrote: »
    It's only 1,000 GS. My friend lost 43,000 gamerscore before when his account was hacked.

His account was hacked?
    Sounds like an interesting story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

His account was hacked?
    Sounds like an interesting story...

More likely an erroneous one. Seriously, 9/10 "hackings" are anything but. People share their stuff with other people and then wonder why everything goes tits up.

Either that, or he was trying to mod it and got caught......it's less embarrassing to say that your account got hacked then Microsoft banned you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kirby wrote: »
    Either that, or he was trying to mod it and got caught......it's less embarrassing to say that your account got hacked then Microsoft banned you.

Microsoft only reset your gamerscore if they find out you have been cheating to get achievements. Not for modding your console, you are banned from live in that case.

Advertisement