Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever been beaten by a car?

• 02-06-2009 3:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the "Traffic light grand prix" thread over on the Motors forum, where some willy waving descended into Car Vs Bike stats..

Has anyone here ever been beaten off the lights by a car?

Can't say I ever have. I remember even when I had my old '92 CBR400 I was pretty confident there was practically nothing out there that could better my "0 to <LEGAL LIMIT>" time for any particular stretch...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I don't think there is a road legal car that can beat me off the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

atom-500-v8-l.jpg
    Ariel Atom 500.
    0-60mph in less than 2.5secs...

Though it is considered as an alternative to a motorbike.

Sorry for the buzz kill.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Hayabusa or zzr1400 would be a bout the same 0 - 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Ariel Atom 500.

That road legal?

I can get to 60mph in about 4secs - dont think any common car could even come close...

atom-500-v8-l.jpg
    Ariel Atom 500.

It was measured at 2.89 .

I have ZZR1400 and it'll do it in 2.5, I think the Hayabusa has been quoted as 2.47 but with a lower top speed than the ZZR.

Since aquiring the ZZR I troll the intarweb looking to start pissing matches :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

People used to walk passed me when i had the marauder 125 lol.
    Never really had much problems with the bandit 6 either and no car has come even close to me gsxr 1000 since I got it. Bloody gixxers taking the fun out of annoying people. I be to far ahead to slow down and laugh at the people nowadays :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

KTRIC wrote: »
    It was measured at 2.89 .

I have ZZR1400 and it'll do it in 2.5, I think the Hayabusa has been quoted as 2.47 but with a lower top speed than the ZZR.

Since aquiring the ZZR I troll the intarweb looking to start pissing matches :D

They reckon it can do 0-60mph under 2.5 secs. And it is road legal, although you'ld look much of a cock driving around in it is a different matter!

And then you've got a ZZR1400 so the argument ends there...
    Wrong person to pick on...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well, I got into an argument with a cage driver once. We ended up standing toe to toe yelling at each other.
    After a few moments, he got back in his car, put it in gear, and then rammed into me with it as I went to get back on my bike. I was knocked to the ground and pushed a few meters away.
    Every time I tried to get up, he ran into me again. Eventually I was able to dodge him and I landed on the ground just beside the driver side door. He began to rapidly open/close the door, smashing me in the head with it several times and breaking my nose.

So yeah, I've been beaten up with a car.

Oh...that's not what you meant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My daily driver has a 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds, so I'd probably beat some slower bikes off the line, but I was embarassing myself trying to keep up with one of the lads on his R1. Would have been worse on my bike tho :o

Fecking restricted license.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I nearly lost to a boy racer Muppet in civic a few weeks ago, I went into a daydream at the lights, light changed, he tore off, The sound of him pulling the bollocks out of his engine got my attention, banged it into first and flew past him beat him to the other side of the junction just about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My daily driver has a 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds, so I'd probably beat some slower bikes off the line, but I was embarassing myself trying to keep up with one of the lads on his R1. Would have been worse on my bike tho :o

Fecking restricted license.....
    Thats quick for a car. What ya got ? What bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LOL - I am helium...

'cptr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

'cptr

'cptr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

KamiKazi wrote: »
    'cptr?

Short for Interceptor.
    Bike.ie resident sarcastic bollox .
    Been beaten when not paying attention or couldn't be arsed on various litre plus bikes.

Rippy wrote: »
    Short for Interceptor.
    Bike.ie resident sarcastic bollox .
    Been beaten when not paying attention or couldn't be arsed on various litre plus bikes.

/\
    |____ does he not realise his username is shown here? and if he must sign his posts why shorten it, defeats the point surely.

/\
    |____ does he not realise his username is shown here? and if he must sign his posts why shorten it, defeats the point surely.

It just fits in perfectly with the "biker.ie" way of thinking.

'RIC

It just fits in perfectly with the "biker.ie" way of thinking.

'RIC

Ah OK.

'kkzi

Ah OK.

'kkzi

And it makes you look like a mod, ask Mike65

'RIC

And it makes you look like a mod, ask Mike65

'RIC

So it does, awesome!

'kkzi

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Answer to the OP question, nope:D

Not that I bother trying [much], but still first off the line without thinking about it. Remember two particular occasions, first one I really disappointed a Porche 996 turbo driver when I pulled off into the lead which must have been some kick to his ego, also remember a WRX but that must have been a 1.6L in drag :P

Now if it was wet, I really wouldn't take a chance on kicking out the rear too much..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

/\

Why do you care :rolleyes:

LB

Why do you care :rolleyes:

LB

why do you care if I care? and you did it wrong, there is supposed to be a "'" before your signature.

'kkzi

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

Never been beaten off d lights by a cage and i only have a 250 Hornet.
    I love when a cage pulls up next 2 me at d lights, they look over and when d lights go green i'm gone and they screwing d guts out of d cage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

no;and if i had i surley wouldn't talk about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Folks - Bikes are faster. Just as Aeroplanes are faster than bikes, rockets are faster than planes.

But, I'm a big fan of bike riders - Us cage drivers need new organs every now and again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

smcgiff wrote: »
    Folks - Bikes are faster. Just as Aeroplanes are faster than bikes, rockets are faster than planes.

But, I'm a big fan of bike riders - Us cage drivers need new organs every now and again! :D

Meh, I have that angle covered. I strapped semtex to the bottom of my bike on a levelled sensor. Bike hits the ground, I go boom. No organs for you.......

Meh, I have that angle covered. I strapped semtex to the bottom of my bike on a levelled sensor. Bike hits the ground, I go boom. No organs for you.......

er i've lived through a few offs your method is faulty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tigger wrote: »
    er i've lived through a few offs your method is faulty

Clearly it works as I'm still here. I'll come back to this thread after a off for a update on the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

No, sometimes I'll only use part throttle to let them think they have a chance.
    TBH most boy racers don't try, they usually know a bit about bikes themselves althought there's always civic man lol, gotta love them.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

Clearly it works as I'm still here. I'll come back to this thread after a off for a update on the system.

semtex hardly went off tho

Advertisement