Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever been beaten by a car?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

KTRIC wrote: »
    I have ZZR1400 and it'll do it in 2.5, I think the Hayabusa has been quoted as 2.47 but with a lower top speed than the ZZR.

Since aquiring the ZZR I troll the intarweb looking to start pissing matches :D

Don't have to look far though

0 --> 100km/h in 1 second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

bushy... wrote: »
    Don't have to look far though

0 --> 100km/h in 1 second

I didn't forget about that. ;)

Lets just say the fastest production street legal car , that comes in LHD, with cream interior and metallic ocean blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tigger wrote: »
    semtex hardly went off tho

You seem to have the sense of Humour akin to Sarah Silverman. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

My car can do 0-60mph in 4.8sec.
    My Harley Davidson would destroy it off the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jimbling wrote: »
    My car can do 0-60mph in 4.8sec.
    My Harley Davidson would destroy it off the line.
    Quick car. Some of them harleys have mental take off speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

KamiKazi wrote: »
    /\
    |____ does he not realise his username is shown here? and if he must sign his posts why shorten it, defeats the point surely.

Its a signature, many people use them to sign off their posts. And this is the second thread you have taken issue with it - get a life.

Oh and KamiKazi, remind all the children in this silly pissing contest of a thread what bike you have. Sorry, whats that, I couldn't hear you the first time. :pac:

mstrb8rz lol...

'cptr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Its a signature, many people use them to sign off their posts. And this is the second thread you have taken issue with it - get a life.

Oh and KamiKazi, remind all the children in this silly pissing contest of a thread what bike you have. Sorry, whats that, I couldn't hear you the first time. :pac:

mstrb8rz lol...

'cptr

I don't have a bike yet, which is why I'm not partaking in this 'pissing contest'.

'kkzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Well, I got into an argument with a cage driver once. We ended up standing toe to toe yelling at each other.
    After a few moments, he got back in his car, put it in gear, and then rammed into me with it as I went to get back on my bike. I was knocked to the ground and pushed a few meters away.
    Every time I tried to get up, he ran into me again. Eventually I was able to dodge him and I landed on the ground just beside the driver side door. He began to rapidly open/close the door, smashing me in the head with it several times and breaking my nose.

So yeah, I've been beaten up with a car.

Oh...that's not what you meant...

Are you serious? Gees.....get the guards involved? I would have.

Fabio wrote: »
    Are you serious? Gees.....get the guards involved? I would have.

Pretty sure he was taking the p1ss ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I don't have a bike yet,
    I knew that. Get thee hence to endless night; a pox on all your houses pedestrian.

We are all taking the p1ss, its what we do.

'cptr

• Advertisement

I knew that. Get thee hence to endless night; a pox on all your houses pedestrian.

We are all taking the p1ss, its what we do.

'cptr

Thanks ever so much for clearing that up.

'kkzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Yes, when I had a Garelli 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

I deserve a whoosh for that one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Never beaten by a car. It's funny watching knackermobile drivers revving their jap imports and going nowhere. Any decent bike (600cc up)will leave them in their dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Some unscientific research conducted in the far flung depths of a demented mind suggests there isn't much between a fast BMW saloon car and a fast 1000cc sportsbike from around 100 - 170mph, obviously anything below that and the lighter bike is much quicker but above 130 the lower torque really struggles against an aerodynamic brick wall.

Would have my doubts about that ZZR1400 (manuf. times?) 0-60mph in the real world, reckon a litre sportsbike would munch it to 60 or 70 at least until then the more cumbersome kwack gets going, can't beat them after that - same with a Busa although in my experience (5clicks short of 200mph) speedometers seems to be spinning wildly optimistic on the hyper bikes so you'd really need an aldi sat nav,. prob welded to the frame, in order to conduct a proper experiment.

...in l00tz foof pet'ardil 'n ridbull c'aze de fozz 'rina sintan brak caz deh besaaing tingzloike " yi caaant b diongh dat boi" :eek::cool:

Biker.ie wrote: »

Would have my doubts about that ZZR1400 (manuf. times?) 0-60mph in the real world, reckon a litre sportsbike would munch it to 60 or 70 at least until then the more cumbersome kwack gets going, can't beat them after that - same with a Busa although in my experience (5clicks short of 200mph) speedometers seems to be spinning wildly optimistic on the hyper bikes so you'd really need an aldi sat nav,. prob welded to the frame, in order to conduct a proper experiment.

The ZZR1400 (2008 onwards) doesn't need to get going to be honest. From the get go it takes off like a scalded cat.

I put mine up against a new Fireblade and it couldn't keep up from the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Mine says "Ducati" and has loud cans and a noisy clutch.... people dont try race me.

You want a fast 0-60... get a Vtwin :D

sutty wrote: »
    Mine says "Ducati" and has loud cans and a noisy clutch.... people dont try race me.

You want a fast 0-60... get a Vtwin :D

True, Ducati certainly have the sounds and looks nailed. Something the Japs are way behind with.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

The accelleration of the bike is irrelevant if the rider is not anticipating the green light. I regularly beat riders off the line... and I drive a diesel!

I am also a biker, so I'm not all bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I (once) beat an m5 off the lights on my Enfield.

I was quite pleased with that, albeit that I was sort of looking at the lights and I he only really had to start trying after he realised that I was actually accelerating away from him.

I agree with sutty though, I like parking the sv between the civic and galanza that are revving each other at the top of the lights...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

atom-500-v8-l.jpg
    Ariel Atom 500.
    0-60mph in less than 2.5secs...

Though it is considered as an alternative to a motorbike.

Sorry for the buzz kill.... :pac:

Unless you're saying there is an Ariel Atom driving around somewhere in Ireland regularly beating bikers off traffic lights, particularly yourself, then I don't think there has been any buzz killed on this thread...

I'm asking about real world situations.
    The closest I ever had was a Subaru WRX which ran me very close on a Bandit 600, it was ludicrously quick. I've never seen anything like it since, it almost flew, and the way it was going gave the impression it weighed less than the bike! (though being a Bandit, I guess there's a chance that it did ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

My car can do 0-60mph in 5 seconds, I cant remember the last time I had a bike that slow:D oh no wait...my old BMW F650GS did it in 6.5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 navigatoroneill

totally hypocritical but i love it when I havn't indicated that i'm looking for a race, not even looked at the other guy, and he tears off, i'd invaribly catch up nice and leisurely at the next junction and look over at him (always a him) and, wearing the black visor, just tilt my head quizzically at him. The look of embarrassment is priceless. Then.... that's you burn him! HaHaHaHaHa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Had a great race in mondello :pac: between myself and the bro on his Yamaha 1200 I'm in a SEAT 2.0 TDi. His top speed is about 130mph same as mine, I could match him through the gears up to about 110.

Had a great race in mondello :pac: between myself and the bro on his Yamaha 1200 I'm in a SEAT 2.0 TDi. His top speed is about 130mph same as mine, I could match him through the gears up to about 110.
    Hmm thought they would be
    Quicker to be honest. Not taking anything from your bro but he must not be riding her hard if you can match him to 110.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Well thats the power band in the Diesel, huge amount of torque up to about 110 then dies off, it was a rolling road start also so advantage to me. If it was a stationary from zero (i.e. from the lights) he would have smoked me.

ah right that explains a lot lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

New skyline gtr35 does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, thank christ all the boy racers cant afford one!!

Advertisement