Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from PI for no real reason.

Options
  • 02-06-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

I just got banned from PI for suggesting, that the OP had Asperger Syndrome and should visit http://www.wrongplanet.net and see if he felt comfortable.

There are a couple of relevant details here that I really don't want to post in public...but it's really exceptionally unfair and unreasonable.

I should add that I was, at least, the second person to suggest he had Asperger Syndrome in that thread. The other was not sanctioned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can this be moved to the help desk forum where it belongs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

I wanted this thread in feedback, which is why I posted it there.

It's not a helpdesk issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a help desk issue unless you are bringing up a general suggestion about boards.ie or PI.

Sorry Seamus...

I wish I hadn't posted this at all now...

The mod in question feels she has off-site "personal issues" with me.

This is the second time she has banned me because of them (NB, nobody else has ever even given me an infraction). Ideally that shouldn't happen, but this is the real world, and we are all real people, and, in the real world, WHATEVER I try to do to resolve those issues they are just going to crop up again and again...

So what is the point?

Maybe I am over sensitive but I find the sense of someone watching me for any small chance to pounce very distressing.

So I have just deleted all my ads, and all pms except as related to today...

It's not rocket science to see that the only actual solution is for me to leave boards for good.

So,

Bye...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

aare wrote: »
    I just got banned from PI for suggesting, that the OP had Asperger Syndrome.

We do not give medical advise on this site. We certainly do not tell people that they suffer from a disease or syndrome over the internet.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    We do not give medical advise on this site. We certainly do not tell people that they suffer from a disease or syndrome over the internet.

...and I did neither...

I suggested the guy check out http://www.wrongplanet.net (NB. a social networking site, NOT a medical treatment facility) to see how comfortable he was there...and was banned, for two weeks, within minutes

Meanwhile, earlier in the thread, one other poster had suggested he had Asperger Syndrome, at length, in several posts, and a another had, wrongly referred to Asperger Syndrome as a mental illness (it's not, it is a neurodevelopmental disorder)...without sanction (I noticed the ban when I tried to edit to point that out)...

I don't think "personal bias" gets any more hostile than that...

But, regardless...

You know, as well as I do, that this will go on happening as long as I post on boards, and every time it does, you will personally support it too.

So, as that kind of unpleasantness really upsets me, the best thing for me to do is stop posting on boards at all.

So that is what I intend to do...

...and this time I will delete the "subscribed threads" before I log out.

Advertisement