Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook etc on Xbox Live ?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sean you are the man. Now I wont have to run from PC to xbox to talk to my imaginary friends online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Imaginary biker friends?

My friends live in my puter, if this means I can install friends 2.0 on my 360, then it'll be convenient... :D

Achievement updates automatically etc I'd imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

next devore will walk on stage at E3 and announce Boards.ie for xbox live :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    next devore will walk on stage at E3 and announce Boards.ie for xbox live :D
    My life would be complete.

Cant wait for the sky digital on your xbox 360:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If the weather wasn't so good right now, I'd cut off my right nut so that we could fast forward to the Fall Update. Almost anyway.

AdMMM wrote: »
    If the weather wasn't so good right now, I'd cut off my right nut so that we could fast forward to the Fall Update. Almost anyway.
    Weather worsening on Thursday btw:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Call me old fashioned but I think this is largely bad news.

We already have MSN linked to Xbox live and its a disaster. In fact Ive almost lost friends over it. Why? Very simple. If I want to talk to my friends, I will talk to my friends. If I want to play RE5, I will play RE5.

If friends start IM me while I play RE5 or Left 4 Dead, they get ignored or sometimes I dont even notice they IM me. I then get emails saying "why did you ignore?" etc.

Now I know people will say, "Geez, why dont you change your status to offline". Well I sometimes forget. And why cant my status be set to Offline as default?

Ok ok, maybe Im being a little melodramatic but Ill stick to playing games on my xbox for now! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You can set the xbox to permanently not sign into messenger you know. But aside from that your friends are a bit snappy considering your tagline for messenger reflects the fact that you are playing a game.

The same thing appears on your tagline as what appears on your gamertag when your playing a game - "Playing Far Cry 2 - Act 1" for example. So your friends should really cop on that your doing something and not take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I don't see why they just didn't announce a full browser,it's the only console of this gen not to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

faceman wrote: »
    We already have MSN linked to Xbox live and its a disaster.

Can't you disable the msn account so its no longer linked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd love if they brought Skype out for it. We video call to herself's parents everyday in Poland, and it would be much handier if someone had Skype for the Xbox/Wii rather than booting up the laptop each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

faceman wrote: »
    Now I know people will say, "Geez, why dont you change your status to offline". Well I sometimes forget. And why cant my status be set to Offline as default?

I know people already replied but ehh... you can. Really easily. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ned78 wrote: »
    I'd love if they brought Skype out for it. We video call to herself's parents everyday in Poland, and it would be much handier if someone had Skype for the Xbox/Wii rather than booting up the laptop each time.

Just buy them an xbox and live subsrciption! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Can't you disable the msn account so its no longer linked?

Dunno, but you can set it to not sign into live messenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I used to have that problem too people IMing me while in game.I thought MSN was cool at first but I just took it off in the end. All this twitter crap is just marketing hype that real people will not bother with.
    Sure i read you can pay money to get brand name cloths for your avatar how sad is that, who in this day and age wants to wast money on an avatar you only see for 10 seconds while you wait for your joypad to be picked up by the console so you can start resi 5 loading , i ask ya.

Advertisement