Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router

Options
  • 02-06-2009 5:11pm

I wonder if people could help me here (I think I'm in the right section) --

We just got the NTL working again. The house I moved into had no power cable for the wireless router that was here before (Netgear WPN824) until I located one adequate to fit it (using a power cable for an external hard drive).

I am just trying to get the router to work. I've used the setup CD and gone through the steps (setting up a 26 character WEP, new password etc.) Yet at the final steps I get a 403 error just at the screen to say that the whole process has completed.

Actually, even when I have the ethernet cable connected from modem-computer, it gives me a 403 error, then on some websites it asks me to enter in the password. I enter the username and the password I had chosen, but for some reason it keeps saying password/username is incorrect.

Any ideas? I would be much appreciated to any help anyone can give me!!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Do a factory reset of the router and set up again but don't set WEP/password. If problem persists, post back here.
    Edit: just seen that it happens with ethernet so not really sure. Either way, try without WEP etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You are better off using wpa its stronger than wep.

Also which sites are looking for passwords? Is it possible that they require their own password to access the site?

You can reset the router by pressing the little hole at the back.

I tried doing a factory restore yesterday, but pretty much didn't work. I'm currently using this crappy 3 data modem, which I would love to get rid of.

Shall try reseting the router again and then edit this post.

It varies on the sites that it wants the password - I'll try and get a screenshot of what I mean now.

Ok it seems I'm getting 3 seperate messages;
    SID/username
    Certificate Error
    403 Error

Ok, so I'll try reseting now

Right - done reseting and managed to connect to the wireless network, but still for some reason any time I try and access websites, it brings up that SID/username screen and when I enter in the details I had chosen, it says it's incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Ok, its not a problem with the router so.
    I guess the Certificate error could be sorted out by lowering your security settings in Windows. Don't know about the others tho.

Advertisement